The Cranium Basher

EruptingEgo

Diabloii.Net Member
The Cranium Basher

i just found this baby and it doesn't look half bad. anyone with suggestions on which build this would best suit?

mhl12

Diabloii.Net Member
The strength requirements are so high that only a barbarian could use it. However, it lacks the range and most other barbarians prefer a two handed sword with a shield.

Dredd

D3 Off Topic Moderator
Shael it and use it with a Werewolf Druid. You won't regret it. :thumbsup:

JesusbeJesus

Diabloii.Net Member
Dredd said:
Shael it and use it with a Werewolf Druid. You won't regret it. :thumbsup:
I would agree with Dredd...Wolf Druids really shine with this weapon..Bear druid wouldn't be bad either..

Dredd

D3 Off Topic Moderator
Works perfectly fine with a decent amount of IAS. Maxing werewolf helps with attack speed - you don't have to be down to 0.5 fps to be hell-pwning death machine. :p

Not sure if I'd try it on a werebear though - they don't get the crazy attack speed that the pups get.

It's an awesome DClone killing weapon, by the way. Crushing Blow + Amp is a nasty combination in conjunction with Fury and a fully charged Feral Rage (and if you use high level Heart of Wolverine instead of Oak Sage, it's even nastier).

The Cranium Basher is a very underappreciated item.

Aerath

Diabloii.Net Member
Actually, you'd at best get the the CrBa to -20 attack speed...

Even with Werewolf ramped up a bit, that's still a slow speed.

EruptingEgo

Diabloii.Net Member
thanks for the suggestions. the CB and ctc amp are just too enticing not to give this baby a whirl with a new build, even if it is slow. right now, i can't really decide between a zerker barb, a leap attack barb, a charger, a fury druid, or a shockwave werebear mauler. it seems with such a high strength requirement on the weapon it might be best to aim for a build that maximizes the damage output from placing so many points into STR. that would argue in favor of a leaper or zerker. but then druids natural speed increase with fury would partially offset the slow speed of the weapon.

hmm, i must choose carefully because making new builds is a royal pain in the arse.

Gibby

Banned
I had a cranium basher a while ago and couldn't trade it for anything, so I just dished it off to a noob in need. :)

Gibby

xberto

Diabloii.Net Member
I built a zerk barb that swung one of those babies! Wore Leviathan armor to help with strength reqs and DR. It wasn't the powerhouse I had expected but he held his own in much of hell, as I recall. I remember going nuts trying to level to 87 so I could use it and by the time I actually got there I was bored of playing zerker.