Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

The computer problem of a Newbie.[Help!]

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Raith, Feb 28, 2004.

1. Raith

Raith IncGamers Member

The computer problem of a Newbie.[Help!]

Hi again O-T peeps, I know some of you are really good with OS and problems relating to computers, networking and such. So I'll get straight to the point, this is my computer problem with Windows Explorer:

I log on to the internet[DSL Connection] and my default explorer is Windows Explorer. And whenever I enter a website; it always have this 5-10seconds lag, I do not know why because I don't recollect that I deleted something or that I've downloaded anything.

At the bottom of the Windows Explorer, the status bar, it goes like at the bottom left corner, "Done" and at the middle, where the loading bar is "[][][][][]" which is full. But I recieve a long lag. Does anyone that have experience with this? And can anyone help me? I'm desperate here and this is very heck annoying.

Thanks,
    Raith.

2. AgentOrange

AgentOrange IncGamers Member

Hit stop after it starts loading at the top of the screen, go to Tools, Internet Options, Connections, then Lan Settings, if it's checked in the box to Automatically Detect Proxy, remove it. Also you can go to your Network Settings in Control Panel, click properties on your TCP/IP connection, find where it gives you the option to disable, do that, and re-enable. Could work, if not, just call Tech Support.

3. Raith

Raith IncGamers Member

It is not the internet service, or the connection because I've tried all that, because EVERYTHING is fine; my instant messengers, but the only problem is this delay... It has to be something with my registry... I've found this site but I don't very much get it... Click here

Thanks.

4. Mad Merlin

Mad Merlin IncGamers Member

Try a different browser. If it happens in both, then you can nail the problem down to something with your connection, otherwise it'll be just an issue with Internet Exploiter.

5. Raith

Raith IncGamers Member

mm.. well i do not think its my connection problem i think it has to be something relating to the registry. i dont know, ill try to download mozilla. and if that doesnt work ill give it one more day. :\ thanks anyway though.

6. AgentOrange

AgentOrange IncGamers Member

Ahhhh I think I had the same problem, does it load any websites? And when you connect to Instant Messenger, does it go past Connecting and get to Veryfying name and password, then just stop?

7. Raith

Raith IncGamers Member

mm. nope. my IM works perfectly.. i got to thank mad merlin now, because mozilla is just frigging NICE. and its working perfectly now. well, i think the other IE have problems. but mozilla is working a hundred and forty percent. thanks merlin! one question though, how do i set homepage with mozilla? thanks!!!

Raith

8. AeroJonesy

AeroJonesy IncGamers Member

To set a homepage, go to edit, preferences, navigator, and you'll see where you can type one in.

9. Raith

Raith IncGamers Member

thanks! mm.. what about stuff like javascripts and such? can mozilla work with those? and the size thing.. one site it is 100%[original] like this one, and i went to another one and the size is very big, i used the other ie[although lagged like hell] and it showed banners and everything.. can the text be auto?

10. Corneo

Corneo IncGamers Member

That varies from browser to browser. Some web designers build webpages solely to be viewed by a certain browser. You may notice a minor difference but it is not much. Mozilla has a problem with opening .wmv files though. It will just display the text. I have done some looking and some people say it is because of the web designer's fault, others blame mozilla.

11. Raith

Raith IncGamers Member

ahh.. i see.. i blame mozilla then hehe, because ive created a site with html and java mm.. didnt go too well. can mozilla view sites with JS? :\ thanks.

12. Raith

Raith IncGamers Member

does anyone know how i can set mozilla to my default IE?

13. Pidder

Pidder IncGamers Member

14. Raith

Raith IncGamers Member

i dont care if it is superior or not, i just want a working explorer that can do the following:

>can view all websites with same font/size.
    >can view websites with HTML/JS.
    >fast speed/pace while loading.
    >have plenty of options to use.
    >easy to use.

thanks.