The Commandomancer Guide [Revised Edition]

HarbingersOfSkulls

Diabloii.Net Member
Just got my latest monster to 65...slapped a engima on it and of course beast...have a horde of 12 skeletons and 12 mages with 11 revives for when needed...I will be adding a carrion ring onto it for my all time favorite pet...the carrion vine.

Once I hit 67...get mara's...dont know if that will give me 13 skeletons/mages yet...but time will tell. Since I'm not really going to worry about bear form at the moment...I'm going to get 1 into PN just to have something to do when my Horde does was it does well...Kill'n.

Bone wall will only be used when I feel like it...but won't be often and will mainly be used to trap some cry baby infront of the minions hopefully for him/her to die...don't feed the bear.

HoS

Gix

Diabloii.Net Member
paskahousu said:
sry this was ment to go to gix
1) What are you talking about? Elaborate.

2) What a nice use of your first post. Welcome to the forums.

-Gix

Edit: I have family business to take care of this weekend so the new Discussion section will have to wait, sorry.

HarbingersOfSkulls

Diabloii.Net Member
Well...using mara's costs me 1 sketeon/mage/and revives...so I went back to the +3 ammy that I had before...most people are suprised that I have 12 skeletons/mages without any skillers as for yet.

I added my favorite pet...my vine and after configing my hotkeys...have added my bear/bone wall/PN/and BA to them for f1-f12.

My last baalrun had a barb ask where the bear and vine come from when there's no druid in the party? So I told a fib...and said it's a glitch in the game..gotta keep the noobs guessing when I can.

HoS

wcwalberg

Diabloii.Net Member
Hi Gix. Remember me? I PMed you once, thinking you might be someone I knew. Ha, sorry about that. Anyways, I have some questions about the build, or rather, some ideas that I have about the build, but I'm not sure if this is the apropriate place. I didn't know if I should make my own thread because this is supposed to just be a critique of your guide or what, so, if you don't want this here, I'll edit it and take it out.

Here is how I was thinking of equipping my merc and myself:

Me
--

Helm: Dream Bone Visage
Armor: Enigma
Wpn 1: Beast
Shield 1: Dream Troll's Nest (considered a head, but that will have no resale)
Wpn 2: Cta
Shield 2: Spirit/Lidless
Gloves: Dunno actually...help?
Belt: See gloves :)
Boots: Marrowalks
Ring 1: SoJ
Ring 2: Perf RFrost
Ammy: Mara's

Merc
----

Infinity Polearm
Bramble
And I have some questions about the helm -- if he wore a dream helm as well, would we all stack together and have a level 45 Holy Shock? If not, what helm should I go with?

Well, basically, and I haven't seen this any place else in this thread, I was thinking that this build would be sort of elementally focused. The conviction boosts the mages, Infinity helps our holy shock, etc. Is this viable? Do I just straight up lose to much by not going with Shako/Homun? Also, if this does work, could I do the whole, swap out beast for a phase blade, thing? Pre-buff and shapeshift, then swap weapons. Something like Shael x 4, Eth Eth? Also, will it be too hard to hit max block w/the dream shield? Should I just say to hell with that and go vit? Sorry for asking so many questions. . .and sorry if you don't want this posted here.

Any help anyone could give me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! :)

Mad Mantis

D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator
wcwalberg said:
Gloves: Dunno actually...help?
Belt: See gloves :)
Boots: Marrowalks
Ring 1: SoJ
Ring 2: Perf RFrost
Ammy: Mara's
Welcome Newcomer to The Darkness. Grab a brew :drink: and feel free to raise some corpses.

If you planning on hitting things with the Beast you may want to switch the ring and ammy to Angelic Combo. It will boost your AR phenomenally.

Any pair of gloves with %IAS will work wonders. Something like Lava Gout or Laying of Hands.

Verdungo’s is a good belt. String will also serve you well.

wcwalberg said:
And I have some questions about the helm -- if he wore a dream helm as well, would we all stack together and have a level 45 Holy Shock? If not, what helm should I go with?
No. Only the auras that are on one character stack. So two Dream items on your Merc stack or two Dream items on your Necro stack. A Dream item on your Merc will not stack with a Dream item on your Necro.

A good alternative would be Guillaume's.

wcwalberg said:
Well, basically, and I haven't seen this any place else in this thread, I was thinking that this build would be sort of elementally focused. The conviction boosts the mages, Infinity helps our holy shock, etc. Is this viable?
The Dream combo will give you a level 30 Holy Shock aura which will add 1-1668 lightning damage to your attack. With Level 12 conviction this will add 1-3085 lightning damage to your attack against a monster without lightning resist. This is assuming that you don’t use LR. That is a reasonable amount of damage, although with a huge damage range. Couple this with the melee damage and you should be doing well.

wcwalberg said:
Also, will it be too hard to hit max block w/the dream shield? Should I just say to hell with that and go vit?
It will be virtually impossible to get good blocking with a Dream shield. You’ll need more than 300 Dex at higher levels. And even if you do get max block you’ll be terribly slow when it comes to blocking. With Marrowwalk, the bonuses from going Bear and all your Minions you should be quite safe. Going Vit is a very viable option and probably the most sensible one.

HarbingersOfSkulls

Diabloii.Net Member
One thing you didn't do...was give suggestions as to where the extra skill points should go...after all the main skills are done...especially with the PD not having to be maxxed or have any points in it at all now.

I have 10 saved up at the moment...w8ing to get a responsr on this from you.

HoS

Gix

Diabloii.Net Member
@ HoS: Extra skill points could go into Bone Armor/Bone Wall/Bone Prison if you need more damage absorb, Corpse Explosion if you need a larger radius, and maybe pump Golem Mastery/Summon Resist to 5. I will add more to my guide when I can.

I will be unable to update my guide or access my computer due to....inconveniences. Please excuse my absence, I promise I will address all questions and make all updates when I return. Thank you.

-Gix

Gix

Diabloii.Net Member
MagicMoron said:
Pride's Conc varies from lv 16-20. Just a minor note.
Very nice guide, easy on the eyes too.
Thank you sir. It has been a while since I had a reply on this. Expect an updated version soon. Best of luck with your commando, if you decide to make one.

-Gix

RedPen

Diabloii.Net Member
seems very fun and i think im gona make one...but i got a few questions

since beast isnt that great with ed...can the necro actually do that much dmg..whoever has one can u tell me the dmg..

and since the marrows bone prison thing doesnt work anymore...should bone prison or wall b maxed?

thx :thumbsup:

Gix

Diabloii.Net Member
RedPen said:
seems very fun and i think im gona make one...but i got a few questions

since beast isnt that great with ed...can the necro actually do that much dmg..whoever has one can u tell me the dmg..

and since the marrows bone prison thing doesnt work anymore...should bone prison or wall b maxed?

thx :thumbsup:
Check the screenies I posted on page 1 to see my damage with Beast.

Since marrows dont work anymore, use war travs for more damage. The Bone Prison/Wall thing is just personal preference and common sense.

-Gix

RedPen

Diabloii.Net Member
wow 2k on a regular shot i guess thas not bad at all

gona go get a mal and um 2 make beast :D

awesome guide..and doesnt hurt ur eyes..nice :thumbsup:

Mad Mantis

D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator
RedPen said:
actually got one more question...do u recommend caddy or zerker? for the beast :thumbsup:
There are quite a few threads on this and it has been mentioned in the other Commandomancer guide. You should do a search for it.

Gix

Diabloii.Net Member
RedPen said:
actually got one more question...do u recommend caddy or zerker? for the beast :thumbsup:
I prefer using a Berserker Axe because of the damage. It's really a matter of Damage vs. Speed, as in many other cases.

RedPen said:
awesome guide..and doesnt hurt ur eyes..nice
Thank you. Suggestions for improvements are welcome.

-Gix

Dragonmaster

Diabloii.Net Member
First, great job man.

I'm making my first commando, and I'm poor. What do you recommend putting crescent moon or passion into? Also what would be a decent cheap unique if runewords are out of reach? Thanks

paladinking

Diabloii.Net Member
wow awesome guide, I had already started a commandomancer but I didnt know what gear I needed since I didnt have all the gear one of the guides suggested, but now looking at this guide is awesome!

btw-what if I dont have any of the rings and amulets that you suggest? :(