The Commandomancer Guide [Revised Edition]

Gix

Diabloii.Net Member
HarbingersOfSkulls said:
First of all...nice update Gix :thumbsup:
Thank you :)

HarbingersOfSkulls said:
Commando is my favorite necro build period...and never get tired of making it. By the way...what realm are you on?
HoS
USEast NL. And yourself?

Beneathnoise

Diabloii.Net Member
waitaminute. NL has all of the runewords you need?

i thought stuff like insight was Ladder only... i SWITCHED from NL cause i thought some of the runewords for commando was Ladder only.

:grrr:

Gix

Diabloii.Net Member
Beneathnoise said:
waitaminute. NL has all of the runewords you need?

i thought stuff like insight was Ladder only... i SWITCHED from NL cause i thought some of the runewords for commando was Ladder only.

:grrr:
All the new runewords such as Pride are on Ladder. I prefer Non-Ladder but have made a few Ladder characters. Ladder is supposed to roll over during the summer.

#endgame

Diabloii.Net Member
Gix said:
You still don't understand. What I meant was if you are done putting points into the skills you need and you feel you need more damage absorb, put more points into BA (assuming Bone Wall is maxed and you are using Marrowwalk).
Truly.

OK it makes sense now. Thanks.

Pherdnut

Diabloii.Net Member
Mad Mantis said:
Apparently. I tracked down the info that RTB posted a while ago, but it doesn’t say anything about increasing minimum damage.
I checked it out but I'm wondering if those variable don't represent a return from base damage increase *'s ED. Assuming the monster HP in Hell listed at Arreat is close or under what it should be and with the damage you posted earlier, 40/40ish non RW'd skellies would have to hit Fallen quite a few times in Hell whereas mine seemed to do just fine offscreen without me having amped them (I kill most fallen with poison of course). Somebody with his IM address go bother RTB :) I'm sure his PM box is always full. I really want to know if a skelliemancer can get his skeletons to start doing 1 to 2-hit kills on most monsters in Hell. To hear people talk that have said they've seen the triple aura combo in action, it sounds like they do. 14 *'s 9-10K damage would be wiping out bosses in pretty short order. If people are already saying they don't have time to bother with corpse explode with the typical double aura, the numbers sound about right.

Gix

Diabloii.Net Member
I have a weird feeling that this guide is lacking something. Any suggestions? I was thinking about expanding the discussion section.

Pherdnut

Diabloii.Net Member
Eh.. I'm just hoping one of supercomputer/knows-how-to-read-the-code types comes across this or the other thread I started. We're looking at a potential 15 skellies/17K of damage per hit if the skill calcs are right. That would certainly give the Hammerdins a run for their money.

Gix

Diabloii.Net Member
Pherdnut said:
Eh.. I'm just hoping one of supercomputer/knows-how-to-read-the-code types comes across this or the other thread I started. We're looking at a potential 15 skellies/17K of damage per hit if the skill calcs are right. That would certainly give the Hammerdins a run for their money.
Do statistics really matter as long as they kill fast?

Gix

Diabloii.Net Member
Masas said:
My first try to calculate skellies stats with nearly the best possible gear, prebuffed skellies (AoKL + Homun) and all of the Auras (with Might from Merc, Conc from Pride, best possible Fanat from Faith) and battle orders at level 91:

First, the damage
225-base damage at that level of RS and SM
3.15-ED in skellies themselves
3.15-ED from Conc
1.44-ED from Fanat
3.10-ED from Mercs might

225*(1+3.15+3.15+1.44+3.10)=2664

Pretty good for a single skelly. Now the damage of a Full salve of them would be:
2664*15=39960

Now that's damage.

Attack rating:
1445*(1+1.10)=3034

Life on all difficulties with 80% BO:

Normal:
877*(1+0.80)=1578

Nightmare:
1089*(1+0.80)=1960

Hell:
1371*(1+0.80)=2467

Overall:
Damage: 2664
AR: 3034
Defense: 1445
Life: 1578
Life (NM): 1960
Life (Hell): 2467
Resist All: 70%.
15 Skellies Total.
Saw this in another thread. Base damage may vary according to skill level. Thanks Masas.

Gix

Diabloii.Net Member
HarbingersOfSkulls said:
I just started my 10th and probably my last Commando today...and got realm down soon afterwards...guess it's a sign.

HoS
Hope you weren't in the process of xfering Beasts...
Anyway, goodluck with your new Commandomancer. I hope this guide helped somewhat even though you seem pretty experienced with the build. :thumbsup:

HarbingersOfSkulls

Diabloii.Net Member
Gix said:
Hope you weren't in the process of xfering Beasts...
Anyway, goodluck with your new Commandomancer. I hope this guide helped somewhat even though you seem pretty experienced with the build. :thumbsup:
Actually I wasn't...was looking for my favorite starter wand: +3 skeletons +2 mastery +1 Amp...I never make a Commando without it.

Also...when I transfer high-end items like beast and engima...I always use the trade box so I don't risk losing it.

Kbob had me down as his lackey in his guide...but this version of the Commando with be more for my friend lag(see different thread) than for the party.

HoS

Gix

Diabloii.Net Member
May we meet someday when ladder rolls over. I hope you will put up a good fight. Lag won't work vs. my DSL modem ;)

EDIT: In the process of rewriting the Discussion section. I believe it will be completed by tonight or tomorrow night.

HarbingersOfSkulls

Diabloii.Net Member
That's it only a dsl modem? I've lagged many dsl owners claiming that I couldn't...Only battle net can lag me...which has been bad at moments at night...but I laugh in the face of other sumoners that think they can lag me...and think they are cool.

None of this nub-e spamming bone wall bs...talking aabout having so many summons out that my friend lag has a good time.

That's true lag...I miss the 1.08 days of having over 80+ minions in my horde.

HoS

Gix

Diabloii.Net Member
HarbingersOfSkulls said:
That's true lag...I miss the 1.08 days of having over 80+ minions in my horde.

HoS
Same here! My old summoner had so many summons they would just disappear after a while. I never could understand why that happened. I loved when people begged me to stop. That was the best part. The Arcane Sanctuary and Maggot Lair were hell tho.