The Commandomancer Guide [Revised Edition]

Gix

Diabloii.Net Member
#endgame said:
Quote:

* Bone Armor (1+): Absorbs physical damage. Good for keeping you alive when up against melee monsters.

The synergy from wall/prison is better than points into bone armor iirc. +15 points/level from synergy compared to +10 points/level into bone armor.
* Bone Wall (1+): I chose to max this skill and use Marrowwalks for the synergy bonus. With this, I get a 930 damage absorb Bone Armor. It is also useful for keeping you safe from groups of monsters. I find it handy in Baal Runs. Cast it in front of you, and spam Corpse Explosion for easy kills.

* Bone Prison (1 or None): 1 point if you do not plan on using Marrowwalks. Like Bone Wall, it is also useful for keeping you safe but will trap the enemy in a ring of bone instead of creating a wall.
It is mentioned. It is up to you whether or not you want to place more points into Bone Armor, hence the "1+." However, thank you for mentioning that Bone Wall/Prison gives +15 rather than +10.

Appetitus

Diabloii.Net Member
clueless stats and items, good beginning is wasted.

The author misses the point of BA, and wastes tons of stat points. I almost think that it did it delibrately in order to win PvP against anyone that followed this "build" exactly. #endgame is right.

people wanting to test out this build, try in in SP with one of the make-your-items mods. Learn what really works afterwards....

Gix

Diabloii.Net Member
Appetitus said:
The author misses the point of BA, and wastes tons of stat points. I almost think that it did it delibrately in order to win PvP against anyone that followed this "build" exactly. #endgame is right.

people wanting to test out this build, try in in SP with one of the make-your-items mods. Learn what really works afterwards....
What in God's name are you talking about? Are you deliberately making stuff up just to give me some criticism. I don't care about PvP. I layed out the guide so player have many viable options, unlike in cookie cutter builds. Please explain how I am "clueless." Also please learn to give constructive criticism.

EDIT: I just looked at your post history, and most of your posts are very arrogant. I am not surprised by this one. Plus you are new to a forum, so you are probably not serious about this at all and just want to flame. To readers of this guide: please do not take this person seriously. @Appetitus: please don't post any more useless replies in my thread. Thank you.

corax

Diabloii.Net Member
another interesting point following one from my one before. Only Fury relies solely on weapon IAS. feral rage, rabies, etc can all use off weapon IAS, although it is only marginally effective.

@Appetitus: :lol: go to the druid forum and ask for the pit of strid. :lol:

Gix

Diabloii.Net Member
Updated: 5/20/05
Added a Strategy section, added more merc equipment, made MF section prettier, edited Thanks section.
Thanks Mad Mantis.

Beneathnoise

Diabloii.Net Member
odd question

Do damage auras stack?

example: I have Concentrate from Pride and might from my merc.. is that 315% damage +whatever might gives? or is it might damage while the aura is shown, and concentrate damage when THAT aura is shown?

Or does it take the higher damage one?

Always been confused on this one...

corax

Diabloii.Net Member
the auras stack if they are different. so in your example you'd get the benefits of conc and might together (fanat to if you had beast) and it would cycle between the aura images( no effect).
The only case where this doesn't work is when for example you put bramble on a thorns merc. then it will switch between thorns every time a check is made (2 secs IIRC). items granting auras though stack. so edge + bramble gives 1 really high lvl thorns, not two cycling auras.

Beneathnoise

Diabloii.Net Member
so with this build, we are talking around 400%+ damage increase on your skellies?

cause that's frankly crazy damage. say yer level 25 skeles/mastery (which is low as hell) that's about 200 damage each. so with this build, you get 200+315%+fanat%+might%= total damage output???

corax

Diabloii.Net Member
yup. and then amp takes effect and on most monsters that means negative physical res which = MOOOORE dmg.

Pherdnut

Diabloii.Net Member
Yeah, getting a Triple aura skellimancer with Enigma is pretty much my new goal. I think I'll go with Faith. I'm just not seeing how with Pride I'm even going to be able to get to targets with a melee weapon before the skellies do. Heh, at the rate I keep finding monarch shields in Hell cows it may happen sooner than later. I've picked up like six in the last ten runs.

Pherdnut

Diabloii.Net Member
Alright here's some fun numbers. With all the right gear for prebuffing (+3 summon amu, circlet, AoKL, +4/+3 Splendor head, Marrows, +1 rings, Enigma), much of which I already have and about 4 summoning skillers I'm getting skellies at about 682-686.

Let's add a lvl 20 Might merc aura, a lvl 18 concentrate aura, and a conservative lvl 13 Faith bow Fanat aura. Adding those up, I'm showing a +799% boost to damage. So that's looking like 6,131-6167 points of damage per skellie. Switching back to the faith bow leaves me with a mere 14 skeletons. that's 14 X's ~6,149 points of damage at fanats +32% IAS for the skellies. That's BEFORE amp damage. With amp damage one could assume we'll be doing from 50% to 100% more damage reaching well over 12,000 points per hit per skellie against opponents that have no physical damage absorb and perhaps a mere 1,000ish against tough physical immunes.

Now, imagine if I had a perfect Faith bow and a merc with +5 to his might skill via one of the +2 armors and a +3 offensive auras circlet for another 50% damage from might. Imagine if I had ten skillers instead of only 4.

:eek:

Pherdnut

Diabloii.Net Member
I've been thinking. With CTA on switchout instead of AoKL to both buff skellie life and also knock down defense, we'd probably have a pretty nasty duelling class necro with some slightly more defensive gear.

Mad Mantis

D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator
Pherdnut said:
Alright here's some fun numbers. With all the right gear for prebuffing (+3 summon amu, circlet, AoKL, +4/+3 Splendor head, Marrows, +1 rings, Enigma), much of which I already have and about 4 summoning skillers I'm getting skellies at about 682-686
You may want to check your math again. At that level the Skellies come with a built-in +273% ED, if I am not mistaken. This translates to a base damage of 182-183. Now we take the 799% boost to damage you calculated, add the 273% from RS and apply that to the base damage. That comes down to 2142-2155.

Pherdnut

Diabloii.Net Member
Hmm.. Bad skill calc maybe? (using that German one) At 40/40 it shows 599-603 damage. Is this a lying skill screen thing too? At around high 20s my skill screen was showing close to 300 points of damage.

Now I'm confused. I've been checking calcs all over the place and that's what I'm getting. We're talking:

20/20 points invested

+4 all from the rings and enigma
+12 summoning from AoKL (+2), +3 circlet, +3 Amu, and 4 GC summon skillers
+8/7 SM/RS from AoKL, +2 Marrows, and +3/+4 Splendor runeword head made from a +2/+3 SM/RS head

That's +24/+23

Hmm... Actually, I think I miscounted something. That's giving me more damage than before - 710-714

Checked again and those numbers agree on two different skill calc sites.

That's weird math though. How is that supposed to add up from 280% ED, +** damage from SM, and skellie base damage of 1-2? Does the skellie base damage also increase?

#endgame

Diabloii.Net Member
Gix said:
It is mentioned. It is up to you whether or not you want to place more points into Bone Armor, hence the "1+." However, thank you for mentioning that Bone Wall/Prison gives +15 rather than +10.
I still can't understand why you'd max armour. My thought would be 1 point into armour and 19 points into bone wall (even if you never cast it) = a better bone armour and you can still use marrows.

Mad Mantis

D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator
Pherdnut said:
Does the skellie base damage also increase?
Apparently. I tracked down the info that RTB posted a while ago, but it doesn’t say anything about increasing minimum damage.

#endgame said:
I still can't understand why you'd max armour. My thought would be 1 point into armour and 19 points into bone wall (even if you never cast it) = a better bone armour and you can still use marrows.
Depends on what you're aiming for. You can never have too much BA.

Gix

Diabloii.Net Member
#endgame said:
You still don't understand. What I meant was if you are done putting points into the skills you need and you feel you need more damage absorb, put more points into BA (assuming Bone Wall is maxed and you are using Marrowwalk).

HarbingersOfSkulls

Diabloii.Net Member
First of all...nice update Gix :thumbsup: I myself have made the Commando 8 times...and is my favorite mfer as well with 1000 mf on switch. Before I end up retiring I'll make 1 more as my final build.

I've even tried it with a faith rouge...and though I had a higher fanatiscm...I perfered to have my usual reliable and faithful act2 merc Waheed instead.Since it was build for mfing only...I made a old-school Commando without teleport and walked around killing everything in the way.

Commando is my favorite necro build period...and never get tired of making it. By the way...what realm are you on?

HoS