The College Transfer Search

The College Transfer Search

Hi. I am getting curious about switching universities. Please tell either your experiences or stories you've heard about life at various universities. I am most interested in transferring to a university in the Chicago area, because I have relatives there.

Please talk about:
- whether the academics for engineering (specifically, computer and electrical engineering) are good or decent
- any experiences you've had at places such as 1800 or The Keg in Evanston, or similar places if you can read between the lines
- nightlife/dating/hookups in general, and whether the girls are (not) too *****y and hard to get
- are the apartments nearby anywhere near affordable to a middle class kid?
- if the bureaucracy isn't too much of a mess (at the place I attend, everything from enrollment to parking is a total nightmare, so if such processes aren't confusing, that would be a nice change)
- if somebody not from Chicagoland can actually fit in with the Chicagoland crowd at those universities (DePaul, Northwestern, UIUC, etc.)

P-Unit

Diabloii.Net Member
If you plan on moving to Chicage (or just about any other bigger city) Im sure that having an apartment by yourself would be way to expensive unless you have a nice paying job.