Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

The Classic give/recieve help thread.

Discussion in 'Classic' started by Gorny, Apr 16, 2005.

1. Gorny

Gorny Banned

The Classic give/recieve help thread.

Use this thread for giving help, and getting it. Asking for rushes, help with muleing etc.

Until I have a chance to figure out the general rules for Classic, the ones listed in the Community Forum Apply.

2. Murrogh

Murrogh IncGamers Member

Where is the best place to find a SOJ? Expert advice needed.

3. waaaghboss

waaaghboss IncGamers Member

Andy drops the most rings with the best chance of them being magic+.

Try nm andy, or if you're fast enough, hell andy.

4. Murrogh

Murrogh IncGamers Member

Thanks I'm already making a fire sorc.

5. PreGenitor

PreGenitor Banned

Nm andy has a better overall % to drop sojs. But word of advice.

Raid the highest pop games possible. :thumbsup:

6. Jezza

Jezza IncGamers Member

You can find an soj pretty much from norm diablo onwards. It just depends what type of char you use, and how effective you are. Personally I do hell andy/meph.

Some monsters are definately better for ring drops, and I beleive in the strategy compendium, under miscellanious (spelling?) there is an soj find guide. Basically it says that andy, duriel, summoner, meph and diablo have the better chances to drop. So in otherwords act bosses and summoner. Another ok place is travincal, the council dont have as high a chance to drop rings and stuff, but because there are so many of them, it evens out.

7. magnet

magnet IncGamers Member

i'd have to go check, but im thinking that in classic its actually impossible for nm andy to drop sojs. her mlvl is lower than it is in expansion. a little research should tell you for sure, forgive my laziness ;)

8. Murrogh

Murrogh IncGamers Member

She is lvl 37 in classic nightmare according to darkness. Can she drop a SoJ. one way I have been getting lots of ppl to join is I make a game called "free stuff1" and then I drop drops I dont need in town I in about 120 games I've found about 10 unique rings.

9. WNxZerker

WNxZerker IncGamers Member

hey guys I was just wondering whats wrong with my sorc?.
    she is lvl 57 and uses orb as her main skill and fireball as a backup.
    fireball is at 19 and fire mastery is at 9
    orb is at 10 with 8 cold mastery.
    466 life 343 mana
    resists are at 65 75 70 70
    she can do nm diablo runs solo and can rush to the end of nm but I need to get to meph in hell.
    when I try to kill andy in hell she has real trouble with zombies and andy takes forever to orb and she dosent stand still long enough to kill with fireball.
    I tried to static andy but my sorc dosent last long enough.
    can anyone recomend some where other than nm diablo to lvl and what gear I should be aiming for.
    also any help with gear handouts would also be neat.

Zerker

10. Murrogh

Murrogh IncGamers Member

The reason you don't do very much damage is that you arn't focused enough. you can't do fireball and orb and expect to have high damage.

11. dantheman5415

dantheman5415 IncGamers Member

From my experiences, I would say hell andy is your best bet. With a fire sorc with 63+ fcr, teleporting to lvl 4 is easy and andariel dies is about 5 fireballs (lv 75 fb sorc). So far I have found 4 sojs by doing priv game hell andy runs.

12. SwampBox

SwampBox IncGamers Member

What do you think is the best type of Hardcore-Barbarian to make for season 3 ladder?

I plan on making a Hardcore-Barb that can actually survive in Hell Chaos. (I plan on getting up high in the HC LADDER)

13. waaaghboss

If your main focus is surviving/leveling in hell cs....just make a barb with maxed bo, maxed shout, lots in natural resists.

You arent going to be pvming in cs, back in the last ladder season I had a barb who maxed jump (i think) and bascially just stunned all the monsters. Better than just sitting there and leaching, and it actually helps a bit.

Personally, first charactor im going to make in the new ladder season is a chanter ^_^

14. waaaghboss

I always wanted to make a classic throw barb,,,,,,but the horrible damage on javlins always turned me off.

15. SwampBox

Chanter? Nice. hc or sc?

The barb im making for new season I want to be my main character but I really want to keep him alive, is what I mean. I want to get him really high up in the hc ranks (that means obviously doing hell cs)

Hell CS basically is Hammerdin's giving everyone experience from what I know, and the other char's help but the hammerdins are really what makes the chaos run.

I want a barbarian that can be able to survive + doesnt throw itself out on the front line in hell mode(dangerous) but I also want to help the team out as well. I just dont know what kind of barbarian to make though.

Whats a speed-barb anyway??

16. ethos

ethos IncGamers Member

For a CS barb, you can help in a number of ways. Firstly try and get very high level battle orders/shout. 2+ barb skill weapons arent hard to find/shop. Beserkers armour, a magical 2+ amulet will go a long way. Try and get max resists, so obviously around 12 on natural resist, then goldskins / whatnot. After boosting a parties life/mana, there are other ways you can help. Warcry stuns enemies in a small radius, which means hammerdins/blizz sorcs have a much easier time killing them, and it also means they cant hit you. Leap knockbacks enemies, which can be usefull too, but i think warcry is the way to go. Im not sure what level to get warcry too. I would try maxing it, but ignore synergies to damage because it is insignificant. Another useful skill is find item. This can help you get godly rares which you can use to set up other characters or accumulate wealth etc. Maybe even use grimward, to scare all the non-unique enemies away?
    So for a cs barb, i would recomend:

20 BO
    20 Shout
    12 natural resist
    20 warcry
    1-20 find item (im too lazy to look it up, but i think it has severe diminishing returns)
    1 battle command, maybe 1 in grim ward.

Then use +skill gear for giving the party battle orders, then switch to resist/block magic find gear for popping bodies and surviving.

Just some ideas :D

17. SwampBox

yeah I knew BO Max deffinetly.

Anyone know what a speed barb is? (skills,stats,items*classical only*, etc.)

18. waaaghboss

<i>Chanter? Nice. hc or sc?</i>

HC
    I like a challange, slight as it is.

I used to have a singing barb, did ok, but the jump barbs always impressed me more. Plus its more fun ^_^

I like the grim ward idea,,,, dont think ive ever even used grim ward....

19. WNxZerker

WNxZerker IncGamers Member

can someone plz help me get my sorc to lvl70 she is at lvl 60 and I need to get 10 more skill points (to fix her) before I can do anything in hell. or could you tell me what pub games I should join to get to lvl 70?
    this is classic softcore west ladder

Zerker

20. qazxswcde

qazxswcde IncGamers Member

i gotta a hammerdin on uswest ladder that could use some mf gear whoever helps me can have these war boots
    20frw
    29fr
    31lr
    12mf
    in exchange for the mf gear also got a bsnap but not sure that is worth anything

loosly lookin for these

nagel, tanc armour,chanceguards,goldwrap,mf boots

/w *thgon