Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

The children of Hamas - for Duped

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Freemason, Mar 31, 2004.

1. Freemason

Freemason Banned

The children of Hamas - for Duped

Over on frontpagemag.com (direct link deliberately ommited - rules you know) you can follow their lead story and see for yourself what kind of organization Hamas really is. They have a series of picutes of some of their children. Go see how fantastic they treat them. After all, isn't Hamas a great humanitarian organization dedicated to advancing the Palestinian people?

2. Suicidal Zebra

Suicidal Zebra IncGamers Member

Ladies and gentlemen, be warned. The images are extremely graphic.

So Smeg... how about showing images of dead Palistinian (sp) people and subtitling it "The fruits of IDF labour"? And yes, I know, but just trying to be somewhat evenhanded in this.

And TBveryH, that site ranks pretty high on my 'this site hates all [insert ethnic group here]' ratings. Higher even than some of the Anti-Jewish Arabic 'news' sites.

3. Drosselmeier

Drosselmeier IncGamers Member

Oh man! Don´t check those photos out. You don´t want to see it... believe me.

Still. As upsetting as that was, it didn´t say a whole lot about Yassin. Sorry Smeg. Poor arguement.

4. Koko Puff

Koko Puff IncGamers Member

This coulda been a pm...

and ewwwww!!! No one go there! The pics are .... ewww ewww ewww ewww ack ack ack ....!!!!! DON"T GO THERE!!!!!111one

5. Freemason

Freemason Banned

Actually those are some pretty tame pictures compared to others I've found.

And remember everybody, you don't have to go there. You have to do everything yourself to take a look, so if you're offended it's entirely your own fault.

6. Suicidal Zebra

Okay, lets go a little further with this...

Are we sure that these are Hamas sponsored suicide bombings, or were they in fact perpetrated by other militant groups?

Any ages for these 'children'?

Are there any arguements here that Hamas don't perform any humanitarian efforts, as opposed to what is claimed by Duped and co?

frontpage.com is high on shock-value, low on actual facts with which to form an opinion. Thats a problem for me personally.

7. Nastie_Bowie

Nastie_Bowie Banned

From what I have read, they do well, taking care of the suicide bombers' dependents. If you want to call that 'humanitarian".

The people I have met from that part of the world, arabic btw, don't have any good things to say about Hamas.

8. PublicEnemy

PublicEnemy IncGamers Member

The n-a-z-i-s were also humanitarian people;indeed they took care of the elderly/youth,decreased unemployment...
    And if you want graphic pictures,take a look at rotten .com

9. nnndave

nnndave IncGamers Member

aw dude, smeg... maybe a little warning next time?

10. bigD72

bigD72 IncGamers Member

I think more things like this should be shown in the media, this brings the war closer to home so to speak. (For Americans anyway)
    Even though it is really graphic, and isn't the Iraqi war, most Americans don't know what world events are going on, and stuff like this would catch there attention.

I only wish I wasn't eating spaghetti when I looked at this. Just started making comparisions...especially when the meatball was attached to the one noodle with the red sauce... :scared:

11. Canadia142

Canadia142 Banned

Oh jesus christ I thought it was just gonna show some kids that are mal nutourished and stuff like that.... after the first one with just the head and the second one with everything but about 1/3 of his torso I decided to get out of it.

12. th5418

th5418 Banned

I can literally feel the food i just ate regurgitating up my stomach.

13. cougar

cougar IncGamers Member

hmm.. is it bad that i dont feel much after seeing those pictures, or have i just been desensitized this much?

14. dantose

dantose IncGamers Member

Smeg, hate to break it to you but while I can't speak for Hamas specifically, terrorist groups are the only disaster releif there is in some countries. After the massive earth quake in Iran (some time ago), who set up tents for the now homeless?

15. IDupedInMyPants

IDupedInMyPants Banned

Can you be a little more specific? I'm not seeing any pictures in any of these articles.

I've already posted sources as far as Hamas' spending and public works are concerned, one of them being Israeli. What I'm seeing here is an argument something like this:

Premise1: A few Palestinian kids got killed and/or mutilated
    Premise2: Hamas operates from Palestine
    Conclusion1: Hamas kills and/or mutilates Palestinian children
    Conclusion2: Hamas does nothing charitable, and focuses only on killing and/or mutilating Palestinian children
    Tacit Conclusion: The Council on Foreign Relations is incorrect about Hamas' activities.

None of those conclusions are in any way deducible from any combination of the premises.

16. Freemason

Freemason Banned

The pics were yesterday. And I'm not going to provide a direct link.

17. Hippie Holocost

Hippie Holocost IncGamers Member

Like someone said, Hammas does help the families of the suicide bombers financially, but I think that is voided by the families of Isrealies that they hurt, so consider both of those arguements out of the question...

Second, Many people say that Isreal kills innocent civilians (which is true for sure) but the big difference is that Isreal does not try to kill women and children. Frankly, I have little remorse for the couple of stupid kids playing hop-scotch outside a Hammas facility, but remember I'm an ******* :thumbsup:

Also, Hammas does a wonderful job of recruiting young and impressionable kids to kill themselves. I don't think I have ever seen an instance where a suicide bomber was more than 19-20 years old. Most of the kids range from 16-19. I think that alone is despicable enough to call Hammas evil.

On a side note, Hammas really reminds me of Skinhead groups in America, if you watch the movie American History X, you'd get an idea of how Hammas recruiting works (I've talked to Palestilians about this, they agree)

Anyway, if your going to try that Hammas is good for the middle east, I'll bust out the trout. But I will agree they do a SMALL amount of good, that is heavliy outwieghed by the terror attacks they commit.

18. Suicidal Zebra

Duped, check PM's.

19. Freemason

Freemason Banned

Kinda like the good Hitler did? He made sure the trains ran on time

20. IDupedInMyPants

IDupedInMyPants Banned

Thanks for the assist, SZ.

So how am I supposed to tell these pictures are kids? If your definition of kid is under 40 I guess I can give you that. There's a lot of facial hair and decently developed muscle masses in these pictures. I don't even want to get into whatever makes you think you can even pin a nation of origin to any of these pictures, let alone determine the group responsible if any.

And, again, Hamas helps a lot more than families of suicide bombers. The documentation has been posted and a few severed heads and arms in no way counter this documentation.