The Cheap Kicker

LagunaCid

Diabloii.Net Member
The Cheap Kicker

What Im posting now is a insanely cheap build, and a build that owns. Yep. A cheap ass character that can beat expensive chars.
Is a kicker :)

Stats:
Str: Enough for equip
Dex: Enough for equip
Vit: Everyhting else
Energy: Wtf is this?

Skills:
20 DTalon
20 DFlight
20 Venom
20 Fade
Rest on Cloak of Shadows

Equipment:
Weapon: Azurewrath
Why: 500-1000 damage bonus for your kicks, and half of it its magic? Want more? You got it. Caracteristics bonuses, IAS and a cool aura =O
Alternative: Gimmershred

Shield: Tiamats Rebuke
Why: Its almost a dream, goddamn! About 250-300 elemental damage, that can be compared to Dream's 1-650! (It would be like 1-550), and it gives more resistances than Dream! Not counting some "% when struck" :p
Alternative(expensive): Dream

Armor: Crow Caw/Duress
Why: Open Wounds, Dex (AR! yeay!), IAS, FHR, what else you want?
However, a Duress runeword would be even better, because it adds a good 100 cold damage to your attacks, gives Open Wounds, gives Crushing Blow, Good FHR, and resists :eek:
Alternative: Lionheart Runeword

Helm: Shako/Dream
Why: Unfortunally, there isnt anything cheaper than Shako that is good for a kicker. Exept of course of a Rockstopper...
Anyways, a Shako has +2Skills (dmg and ar!), +2 to atributes, and a good 100+ life and mana.
Dream would be even better because it would add 1-650 lighting damage to your kicks AND res! yeay?
Alternative: Rockstopper Sallet

Belt: Verdungos Heathy Cord/Glooms Trap
Why: Verdungos has DR/Life/Vitality. Heck, want a better belt than that? A Glooms Trap would be also nice, since it has vit bonus and mana bonus.
Alternative: Thunder God's Vigor

Gloves: Bloodfists/Rare Martial Arts Gloves
Why: I use a +2 Martial Arts, +5% AR, +15 Dex, +10% IAS gloves, however you can use a cheaper gloves, such as Bloodfists or even IK Gloves! Or maybe Mavina's Gloves?
Alternatives: IK Gloves, Mavinas Gloves

Boots: Upped GOres
Why: No substitutes for this baby! If youre poor, use a rare myrmidon greaves, or any elite boot :/
Alternatives: Upped Travs, Upped Waterwalks, Treks

Rings: Ravens/Angelic
Why: Dex and AR for ravens, and Cannot be Frozen. Perfectz! If you dont good ravens, dont use them. Slap some angelics!
Alternatives: If you dont have Angelics, DIE!

Amulet: Saracens Chance/Maras/Cats Eye
Why: Saracens has +12 All Atributes and Res. Yeay? However, Maras of course would be better, since it has +5 All Atributes AND +2 to All Skills AND resists! If you dont have any of those, slap a Cats Eye!
Alternatives: Mah-Ohim-Curio

PvP Strategy:
quite simple. DFlight and Dtalon them to death with Fade on :)

Note: The PvP part is of course, incomplete, Ill complete later.

Speederländer

Diabloii.Net Member
Your excitement is appreciated but there are builds in the strategy section that are basically as cheap for a kicker. In any event, some of your equipment choices need to be re-thought. Too tired to comment more atm, just finished exams.

LagunaCid

Diabloii.Net Member
MoreGameThanPS2 said:
my kicker is lvl 71, i bet your cheap kicker couldn't kill my kicker once out of 10 duels
What you use?

=-=-=-=
And if Azurewrath isnt cheap I dont know what the hell that is.
Nobody uses it.

TopHatCat64

Diabloii.Net Member
Indemaijinj said:
How can a build using Azurewrath possibly be considered cheap???
Ya gotta remember Indy that this is from a Bnet perspective, anything less than an ebotdz or a hoto is worthless for a weapon.

dyre

Diabloii.Net Member
Claw Weapon?

Would a Chaos claw with +3 to Dragon Flight & +2 to Fade be a viable weapon alternative?

Jerion

Diabloii.Net Member
Where are the prereqs and one points wonders?
[MB, 1pt wof, claw block]
No proc mods like ow and cb..... :eek:

LagunaCid

Diabloii.Net Member
15% OW from Gores + 35% From Duress/Crow = 60%
10% Crushing Blow from Gores + 15% From Duress(if using) + 35% from Guillaums (if using) = 10%/25%/45%/60% of Crushing Blow ;)

HardyZ

Diabloii.Net Member
i was wondering...
Wouldn't shaeled baranar be a decent choice? ok, it's not the fastest weapon around, but i think you can get 8/3 kicks with it(decent for pvm at least), and you get 3-600 elemental, 200%AR (!), +dex, +str... not all that bad.
In adition, baranar is dropped in almost every give-away game...

Btw, question: Does the "+50%ed to undeads" apply to kicks?

We might also here have a use for that crap djinn slayer? 250-500 fire, 3-6%ML, light absorb, %ed to demons(if it works with kicks). -20 base speed+2*shael shouldn't be all that slow.
It's also given away quite frequently(well, not that it's a good item anyway)

oh, there's still good old lightsaber too...ITD, ML, Speed, light+magic dmg, huge lightning absorb...cheap as hell

Plz note that i'm here talking pvm-wise and keeping the "cheap aspect" in mind...