Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

The Charsi scam?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by CookiesnCream, Feb 9, 2004.

1. CookiesnCream

CookiesnCream IncGamers Member

The Charsi scam?

Ok an assasin wants to trade her annihilus small charm for my sojs. So we go to act1 and we separate ourselves between the walll of the rogue encampment. She stands outside and I stand inside of town. This kinda scam look familiar? So she drops his annihilus small charm and she tells me to drop the sojs. I just say "lol" and then I walk around and ask her to switch sides with me. She was obviously trying to scam me. And then she quicky responds with "I never said we were gonna trade here". But didn't she just ask me to drop my sojs? Anyways, we go to Charsi next. So I stand in front of charsi, while she stands behind her. So basically she stands behind charsi's building while I stand right next to Charsi. She tried to scam me before so I didnt drop my sojs after she droppd her annihilus. I tried to figure out the scam but I couldn't. I did notice that she had burst of speed on and her shadow master was on my side. I don't know if that's significant or not. But have you guys heard of any scam like this? I don't know how it exactly works though.

2. All Mojo

All Mojo IncGamers Member

If something doesn't feel right, don't do it. Trading for or with an Annihilus Charm is a tricky business.

3. Matt

Matt IncGamers Site Pal

I have never done it or fallen victim to it, but if you are on one side of a wall, and he is on the other side, one side can grab the other side's stuff (i think its if he is on the outside of the wall, he can grab your stuff on the inside, but you cant get his.)

4. ryhmer222

ryhmer222 Banned

the shadow can block u, so u cant run.... and the wall scam, she prolly has enigma, so she can teleport into town

5. Skater_Stud

Skater_Stud IncGamers Member

Yeah, any time I have a drop trade I always make sure that the other char is lvl 4 or below so I know that they cannot teleport or have have vigor, or BoS. And just like ryhmer said she may have had a enigma or a tele charged item which then she could tele front outside the camp to the inside.

6. CookiesnCream

CookiesnCream IncGamers Member

I already knew she was going to teleport in. I just wanted to know how the charsi scam went.

7. gods_pawn

gods_pawn Banned

sounds like a variation of the mercenary scam. they position their mercenary or some other minion/hireling on the outside of town, while they remain inside. you drop item X for either some stupid "dupe trick", "clan trust test", or "annihilus trade". they hostile you - and out of nowhere the minion/hireling/summons kills you - she runs out real quick and picks up the item, then splits.

i've heard of this fooling people over and over and over and over - especially with the rogue mercenaries because hey - who really notices a rogue mercenary outside of town in act 1? give them a windforce and well, it's goodbye to whatever you dropped.

8. Vladicus

Vladicus IncGamers Member

I have a question...

Is it possible to mule an Anni charm to a lvl 1 char?

I assume not, since then everyone would trade Anni charms from lvl 1 chars...

9. helohi

helohi IncGamers Member

Any char can hold one annihilus, but muling is kinda hard now if you don't have people on you f list you trust 100%...

THX FOR TAKING SELFMULING AWAY BLIZZ U #%¤¤#%!! :rant:

10. Jeda

Jeda IncGamers Member

still works the way it always worked...

well i wouldn't want to mule my rune collection this way, b/c white items disappear first, but beside that, i'm still muling the way i always did