Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

The Castlevania Project

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Serdash, May 8, 2005.

1. Serdash

Serdash Diabloii.Net Member

The Castlevania Project

Ok.

A while back during my older days of still being interested in the game, I came up with a little project I called The Caslevania Project. Sadly due to lack of input(Damn you all!) the project never got off of the ground.

I had some build ideas listed here but never got enough information to get it all done.

So now I'm going for it once more. You should read this thread and then read this one before giving me any input.

So help me out here. This is going to be a 1.10 Hardcore Untwinked project. So make your suggestions good ones!

Help me regain my interest in the game! >.<

EDIT:
    I would like to keep this thread 100% suggestion/tips only. I don't want this thread to be full of "Good luck!" only posts. If you've got no input on the ideas and builds, please try and stay out of posting. If I don't get the proper information, I won't get to playing the characters, and I won't need "good luck".

2. Nightfish

Nightfish Diabloii.Net Member

Good luck! Okay, bad joke, bad fisheh. >_< Anyhows:

Alucard: I think I see big problems for you when it come to killing poison immunes. While you can probably let your merc handle a lot of them there are some where he just won't cut it. Namely gloams and some of the archers. I would suggest drawing a few points from were wolf and lycan and getting fury to around 10 or so. Adding more points all around as you find them. If you were using a carrion wind you could just go for the regular fury/rabbies hybrid but since you're untwinked... ^_-

Richter: Looks very doable to me. Well, untwinked is still going to be hard but he looks okay. edit: Yeah, max HS soon, too. Overlooked teh damage bonus. Haven't used smite yet either but I will for my septsept so maybe I can give you teh feedback later.

Maria: Seems alright, too. Be warned though, if you get LF you might be tempted to not use the other skills anymore. Personally I think I'd Go for the three other lightning skills and then beef up the valk and passives. Jab & Merc for LIs, I guess? If so you might want to get a good amount in penetrate as well. My recent javazon had around 5k AR and couldn't hit a barndoor... If you use LF you need absolutely no synergies at all, btw.

Death:
    Well, to make him really "good" you'd need some curses too. If you aren't getting curses you really should get bone wall. I'd probably go with something like 20 teeth, 20 wall and 20 spirit. If you are allowed to use it get CE. For some reason my bonenecro seems to work better with teeth than with spear so that's what I use more often. If you go poison I'd still get a decent level in bone wall since without crowd control you wont be having much fun untwinked in HC.

Dracula: Well, not much I can say here. Pure fire will have to skip some monsters, I guess. Maybe play this one last and somebody will have a good idea until then. That's what I do, too. I leave teh builds I'm not too happy with for last.

Shaft:Well, ya. Doesn't look too bad. ;) Don't think I need to tell you that I would max RS, too. If for not other reason that you already have the synergies in place and without CE you'll need all the help you can get in hell.

Well, hope that helps you some. ;)

3. Nightfish

Nightfish Diabloii.Net Member

Well, you can see I never used smite. :p I just looked at smite's description and saw no synergy so... >_<

4. slappy sam

slappy sam Diabloii.Net Member

20 revive is unneccessary AFAIK. I'd go with CE over revive...
    And yeah lemming is right... HS is awesome on smiters :)

5. Serdash

Well, I'm trying to at least SOMEWHAT stick with the way the character is.

Shaft doesn't exactly blow things up, he just makes them fight for him. I can't recall any exploding enemies in Castlevania, either... hmm... except the Mermen... but then again a lot of things had "exploding" death animations. *shrug* Then again Shaft wasn't controlling all of the monsters of the castle.

6. Llathias

Llathias Banned

ooh! that was a long read :mad:

first of all, i didn't like your attitude of asking for help at all, because:
    1- noone has to give you feedback if they don't want to.
    2- "you should read this thread"? i'd prefer, "please read this thread first".
    3- "make your suggestions good ones"--> ah, ok. good idea you made that clear so i won't give you crappy tips.
    4- a nicer way of saying "don't say goodluck!"?

anyway, about the advice... i'm not a diablo2 pro, so i'll leave the skill distribution etc to the more experienced members. about the roleplaying part, though:

1. you said Richter doesn't use swords, so it contradicts with smite. the lightning thing seems like FoH, and pally suits the vampire slayer theme.
    2. Maria casts spells, calls summons and has charged up attacks. traps/shadows/charge up skills. an Assasin that is!
    3. spinning scytes for Death... Hammerdin? not sure about that.
    4. put 1 point in Werebear for Dracula, he can still cast Armageddon, and you'll have the shapeshifting taken care of.

the rest looks fine.

7. Serdash

I wasn't demanding feedback. I asked and that's pretty much it. If people don't want to post that's their own choice. I'm personally not liking your attitude of giving feedback at all. This thread was more or less a refresher, most peoples comments should be about things that happened in those threads, in my original post here should be taken too much into consideration seeing as most of it doesn't have anything to do with the project at hand.

It's not like I was saying, "Read these threads in this order or just shut up.". I was just telling everyone what thread they should read first so they're not completely lost. Just because I left out "please" doesn't mean I was being a dick about it.

Yes. I would like to keep worthless tips out of this thread so I can gain as much good information as possible. Some might find it a good idea to give me tips on Hardcore, what I need is tips on the builds, characters and gear I should look out for. Nothing else.

As I said before, "Good luck!" has no purpose if I don't get the information of how to properly get this project rolling. I don't need good luck for characters that never get started.

How does not using swords contradict with smite? I don't get what you're trying to say with that one.

That's one build I thought about, but Maria has blonde hair... hence the amazon being the most suited to both look and play like her. But the assassin is a close second if I can't figure amazon ideas out.

No. Not a hammerdin. I have to at least challenge myself a LITTLE, don't I?

I was debating on a fireclaws werebear for quite some time, but then I realized the point placement is far too spread out to max all of the synergies.

8. Llathias

Llathias Banned

i won't be annoying and argue with the first part. but i need to make a few corrections with my tips and try give a few more ideas.

that should've been shields, sorry...

well, yeah, pure Hammerdin is not only too cheesy, but doesn't fit the story best. let him zeal with a scythe (2h zealot, that should be enough challenge) and cast Hammer from time to time. you can use Concentrate as the main aura, since it helps the zeal as well. i know the skill distribution will not be easy, but your original idea was also a hybrid, right?

unless you're gonna wear a Circlet, you won't see the hair much. of course, you know the assassin is not blonde, but just keep that in mind.

as i said, no need to max synergies and have a different build. just build an elemental, but if you're gonna use armageddon most of the time, then spare 1 point only for the look. hey, even if you use something else, it'd be good to know that your character also has the power to transform (even if he doesn't use it much).

9. TheWormishOne

TheWormishOne Diabloii.Net Member

If might offer yet another Death alternative: A schyte-wielding furysin would emulate the flying sickle attack quite nicley (especially if you use Blade Shield aswell,) and certainly provide a decent challenge. Seeing how picky you were about Maria, you probably wont like this suggestion, but you never know.

10. Serdash

Hmmm... that's not a bad idea.

The general pickyness with Death being a necromancer is just for the fact of necromancers being all fascinated with death and whatnot and how a necromancer would probably play the best role as our favorite cloaked scythe weilding skeleton-figure. But now that I think of it an assassin wouldn't be a half bad role, either. You might've just come up with the perfect option for Death.