Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

The build you hate the most

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by bodry, Feb 6, 2015.

1. bodry

bodry IncGamers Member

Post about the character/build you hate the most in the game. Give some hints, why so.
    I just thought about this topic when I started playing with my druid tonight. So here is mine:

The Wind Druid!
    They are supposed to be fun, cheap and should have no troubles with immunity. Right? Here are some selfnotes about them.
    1. Frigging Tornado never and I mean never hit the object, that is standing in front of you. No. 1. reason I respec to Wolf.
    2. You need multiple Nados to kill a Venom Lord on players 1! (Gear is dual Spirit, Jalals, Arachs, Viper, druid fcr amu, 4! ele skillers=3,8 to 4k physical damage)
    3. Cyclone Armor absorbs any elemental damage you receive. Yeah, try that in CS. YOu need to cast CA more often than freaking Tornado to stay alive. Compare that with horrible cast rates, and you have a character that struggles to stay alive.
    4. Summons. Just sheer WTF. Oak sage gets instakilled, you lose 1000 life, and next time you see the deed screen. Vines have a bad habit of dying first. They are supposed to tank according their AI.

The good things: Hurricane is an OK skill. Now I go to respec, I have an upped Ribcracker to wooosh woosh the Council.

BobCox2 likes this.
  2. Ergroilnin

Ergroilnin IncGamers Member

Ehh I never really thought of it but I guess from the top of my head, lightning trapper sin? They just feel weird to play for me no other real reason :x

3. SunsetVista

SunsetVista IncGamers Member

I can't think of a build that I hate passionately.

I don't like the noise the assassin makes with so many kicks?

I guess... any kind of summoner right now. I don't want to watch something else kill things for me.

Right now, I hate A2 mercs. Next time I do a tourney char or an untwinked single pass, I am not using one just because it makes everything the same.

4. jamesixgun

jamesixgun IncGamers Member

I don't like how the barbarian stomps around and I despise the grunts. I'm not much of a fan of how the druid shuffles about either.

5. TheNix

TheNix IncGamers Member

The worst build I ever made was my single tree shadow assassin. My Shadow Masters and Merc were having an affair behind my back (leaving me to fight by myself) and the SM use to spend the rest of the time Mind Blasting (thus converting) everything in sight. As a character, I dislike Barbs the most.

coju and bodry like this.
  6. bodry

bodry IncGamers Member

I don't have much problem with the barbarian. On the other hand I really dislike the assassins shadows. They always do the wrong thing. Imagining a build using a Shadowmaster, just wow. It should be as effective as waiting for a Valkyrie. Meh.

7. GooberGrape

GooberGrape IncGamers Member

Hammerdin, no doubt. I can't deny the raw power, and I probably will play one again. But it's borderline ridiculous the way those hammers come out. It's like if clown shoes made you run faster, you'd see all the Olympians lined up in their sleek track outfits and huge bright red clown shoes that honk when you take a step. The 100m dash would just be a deafening cacophony of BREPEHEBEBERTTHPPBB

8. djmbbandie

djmbbandie IncGamers Member

I still can't play a barb through normal Act II, so I would still say Barbs. I still think Frenzy should last longer...

9. BobCox2

BobCox2 IncGamers Member

Agreed and you Missed some stuff.
    Elemental Druids.
    Bears and Wolves are OK but the Elemental druid graphics suck and the channel graphics are all wrong IMHO as top druid gear looks like you are a wolf anyhow. (I have to stick to crowns etc on my builds )
    Meh IMHO non-transforming skill tree stuff and look should have been a Bard and had instruments etc..
    Should have had a fly TP type skill.

bodry likes this.
  10. Dazliare

Dazliare IncGamers Member

Barbarians are my favorite from an animation standpoint, which is probably just a nostalgia thing. My first char back in 2000 was a barb.

Generally speaking, I think amazons are my least favorite. Maybe it's just because I don't understand how bowzons work, and I think javzons are overpowered, but I just don't really like them.

In terms of actual builds, I can't stand summon necros. I just find it extremely boring

11. felixbavaria

felixbavaria IncGamers Member

I hate zealot builds (and Fendazons) where you are forced to distribute your damage over multiple targets. I mean, if I charge towards an enemy (say, a Greater Mummy), I want to kill that enemy, not scratch him and his 25 buddies. This is especially annoying on higher player settings. Pallys in general are annoying with their urge to use left-click attack.

12. bodry

bodry IncGamers Member

Oh yes, you have the choice to look like a running eagle or a wolf. I chose to be a real wolf instead of a fake one.

Summon necros now that's another story too. I've made so much of these in the previous years, that now I can't look at the necro anymore on the char screen. Might try something different next time.

13. Gripphon

Gripphon IncGamers Member

For PvM, probably least favorite character I played is wind druid. The reason is Tornado skill that is highly unreliable. From time to time it can be quite frustrating to handle it properly since there is no guarantee it will really hit enemy who is standing 2 meters from you, you are pretty much forced to tele on top of boss to spam it from there to be sure Tornado will really hit him. Luckily I figured out fissure druid leveling in AT is almost twice as efficient than windy in Pit, so I don't bother with windy anymore.
    But, I'd rather play windy than play ANY character without teleport, with possible exception of bowazon.

For PvP, I dislike any necromancer who uses Lower Resist curse. He screws whole FFA with it, makes elemental characters way too strong since no one is overstacking 60 allres to counter it. Well same thing with Amplify damage if physical characters are around. Bowa doing 2k damage per hit is not fun to deal with.

14. BobCox2

BobCox2 IncGamers Member

P8 Realms and game is normally full with people waiting to get in, I love the necro but agree they mess up parties armies and minions in general do that, they just have the most ....
    LAG.........................................
    Drop connection
    Anything I think even does that a little dies.

It's why I only made one Delirium helm, Game crash = wasted time

Last edited: Feb 7, 2015
  15. Grishnakh

Grishnakh IncGamers Member

paladins are fun and have many great builds but they look like the a2 merc put a spear up their rear end. (insert random homophobic joke here) seriously, take a look at them once in game. as far as least fun to play, i'd have to agree with most here and say that wind druids make me want to kick puppies. I have patted one in 14 years. I'm not a huge fan of hammerdins either but have mfed with a few over the years (safety and damage is nice) I guess I'm more of a fan of attacks I can control a bit more easily.

16. Zenigma

Zenigma IncGamers Member

I'm actually a fan on wind druid :x
    I like the challenge of finding the right angle to stack tornadoes that hit multiple times, but I'm used to it, having made at least five of them between the realms and sp over the years, so I find the angles quickly.

My least favorite would be just about anything paladin or amazon: I will use them, progress them a few quests, realize I'm not having fun, then switch to another character who is fun.

On a side note, I'm not surprised that no one has put sorceress down, though at one point in the past, that would have been my answer. I rather enjoy playing them now

coju likes this.
  17. Gripphon

Gripphon IncGamers Member

I was about to put blizzard sorc down for PvP, but I just dislike necro curses more. But yes, blizzard sorc is another char I don't like PvP-wise. Why? Because she is about 1-hit-kill strategy which is kinda lame to play against. She drops blizzard somewhere, its invisible blizzard if no one is around, lasts few seconds, and if you are "lucky" enough to tele into it, you are likely to just die not knowing what happened. Now you could play tanky char to avoid that, or overstack resistances, but against average character she is 1-hit-kill enemy, and very annoying to play against.

To demonstrate a problem, this is double kill I made in PvP with blizzard sorc a while ago. video. Froz recorded. Full hp, tele around, invisible blizzard, paf dead. Naturally blizzard does not do 6k damage, but this was probably double hit, first to kill oak, then to finish off druid. But still. After that I never played blizzard sorc again, it's just not fun.

18. bodry

bodry IncGamers Member

Interesting. Have you tried bow amazons too? They are one my favourite builds, especially now that I have made a Faith GMB today.

I realised today I dont get together with druids altogether. Who in gods name found out that Fury is an interruptible attack while Zeal or Whirlwind is not? Its just unfair for poor druids to get interrupted every second. Monsters who stun can stunlock and kill you with a Fury wolf. No matter how godly is your hit recovery. :(

19. Zenigma

Zenigma IncGamers Member

Especially bowazons. I have one parked in act 3 NM, and I have some fairly decent gear for her, but I just dread the prospect of playing her more. I haven't tried to build a javazon, even though I have decent gear for her too, but it just seems.... uninteresting.

With a 3-frame hit recovery at 86 fhr, how can you be stunlocked to death? :O

20. Thyiad

Thyiad Moderator Single Player, D2 Assassin, Barbarian

Paladins as a class. OK the zealot/smite dude was ok for the ancients but otherwise I loathe the lot of them.

Special mention to the hammerdin. I couldn't aim them in D2, I can't aim them in D3 and I'd cheerfully roast them over a fire in D4. Yes, immunities, I know, there's a pattern, I know, I just can't freaking work it out!

I rather like assassins. Ok it was a bit trying when I ran out of hotkeys (16 I think) but hey ho, I liked it. (First character, the concept of 'efficient build' passed me by.)