Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

The Box Theory on diablo 3...... quest, weopons, characters and more

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by BoxCarWillie, May 13, 2008.

1. BoxCarWillie

BoxCarWillie IncGamers Member

The Box Theory on diablo 3...... quest, weopons, characters and more

just bored in class, thought id share my thoughts on the pending anticipation of diablo 3:

time for my official rant about what should happen to the world of D3

first off, the game should not take 4 months to only get a character up to lv 60, then have to wait a year for an expansion pack to get only get up to lv 70. We have been playign this game for way to long as it is to get something thats going to take anotehr 10 years to finally get the ending of the saga.

Quest there should be numerous quests per act, but none of the pointless back and forth messenging. quests shoudl be pretty similar to that of the countess and the hellforge, nihl and such like that. and the rewards be material items as opposed to experience.

graphics and gameplay, player numbers and that should remain similar to d2, with monsters exp level increase and restrictions. drops should stay in the same format, first coem first serve. none of this everyone has an equal chance if they are in the party and not even in the same area for items.

I like the world to be a bit larger, with no 3 dificulties like d2. have it somewhat similar to wow where you have area lv and the world is pretty big. start with a twist of A5 where the bowels of hell has been opened throught the corrupted worldstone and the minions are forcing themselves through. you must fight from harrogath to the worldstone. you battle through until you get to the worldstone were you face the first sub boss. after defeatign that you must push through the underwolrd. at the end of this is where you can enter the bowels for a second act until you end up against a teamed dou of andy and duriel.

onto the next act, enter the gates of hell, you battle on and on fighting more and more deepter into hell. at the end of this act you battle a large minion army of bartuc and his minions before the gates, a story similar to the ancients with the 3 powerful council members guarding the entrance to the gates of hell before go through to face belail and lilith onto your way to hell.

deeper and deeper you dwell in to the world of hell, minions everywhere until you reach the inner santuary where you baal and mephy and minions before greeting diablo in the final confrontation with diablo to end the epic saga of diablo.

2. zerin

zerin IncGamers Member

Re: The Box Theory on diablo 3...... quest, weopons, characters and more

lol?

this is about diablo, not about WOW wake up dood. we can get to lvl 70 in a day in diablo 2, and the max lvl is 99, never changed

3. Erwwwd

Erwwwd IncGamers Member

welcome to the forums
    I don't think it is unusual to think DIII will be more like WOW then diablo at this moment though.

4. BoxCarWillie

BoxCarWillie IncGamers Member

Amen.

now a counter rant to the first comment:

considering as we have no realy proof that d3 is even going to exist in the next 10 years. all we have is speculation. I based my entire rant on the consensus that D3 will be remotely based on WoW due to that fact that on average per day blizzard makes 50 cents per user, and at 10 million users that is the equivalent of 5 million dollars a day!!!!! not to mention the origional 10 million games "purchased" at $60+ dollars (first release price) and and adition 6-7mil that bought the expansion at $40+ (first release) and the xmillion that are going to buy lich king ~$50 at release. that sums up to about the worth of 10 solid gold 50,0000 square foot mansions (not exact but you get the idea)..

tell me 1 thing

Why would blizzard not want to take an idea or 2 from something that has made the CEO's pet fish richer than anyone you have ever heard of

5. Calcipher

Calcipher IncGamers Member

One thing I'd like to see in D3 is perhaps more customization when it comes to character selection, such as choosing one class, then choosing whether you'd like that character to be male or female. Then, if possible, hair color, tattoos, stuff like that would be neat.

6. Llama8

Llama8 IncGamers Member

I disagree with this, I think that it's "fairer" (or at least less "unfair") to have drops assigned to players in the party who are "close enough" to the kill (or have participated/asissted in the kill). Assigning drops was one of the things I liked about Guild Wars, Mythos & Hellgate, and other player's ability to "steal" "my" drops was something that really pissed me off about D2 & Sacred (it happened once in Sacred in a HC game after a friend & I had just killed a dragon & then someone came along & took the nice item that dropped. The thieving git then died shortly afterwards in a supreme act of cosmic justice/karma :thumbsup:).

Another option (as described elsewhere) is to have the battle extend into heaven as well as hell (ala B5 "get the hell out of our galaxy!").

7. Mestre Crjspim

Mestre Crjspim IncGamers Member

Feels to much like "been there, done that". I sincerely hoped for far more originallity and deeper storyline...

8. jscore

jscore IncGamers Member

i think more low level uniques/sets should drop - who cares when you are level 90 and find an acrtic mitts?

The only function they have now is to twink players

so you could have magic find work like this;

say for a dagger, 1/50 daggers dropped is unique. Then add a multiplier on that based on the monster. Maybe Meph is 500% chance. So if he drops a dagger its 10% chance. Then add player magic find on top of that, so maybe its up to 60 or 70 %

this way you could still find them regularly through sheer bulk by killing quill rats.

for the Wizard Spike, then, (as well as it being rarer to drop) a 1/1500 dropped are uniques (or some such higher number) where the same things apply.

monsters in hell/nm (if they have those - i hope for a sprawling game without acts or difficulties... just a journey through lands where the towns are connected and the areas get more difficult, especially after each town) could have higher "monster magic find" as well, if you get me.

Also: further customisation within the "skill tree" setting, would be to have certain skills available on the combination of prerequisite skills

so for example, if you had sacrifice and holy shield, maybe a "blood sheild" or something is available

but if you have sacrifice and holy bolt, maybe you can get "life bolts' where you sacrifice your life to shoot a magic bolt

maybe not the greatest example, and if you were to customize characters with skills better designed for this i think it could yeild way more customisable characters.

Along with that, synergies are good, but a way to use ALL or at least most of the skills in the tree would be useful. 90% of the characters are based around the same 2 or 3 skills per class ... the others are essentially useless (except for prereqs and synergies)

just a couple of thoughts