Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

The Bone Spirit

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Dr.G, Mar 3, 2004.

1. Dr.G

Dr.G IncGamers Member

The Bone Spirit

When I hit my next level I can access it. Is it worth it to put a point or two into it??

2. Koreforce

Koreforce IncGamers Member

That depends. If your character specializes in poison/bone skills, then I would recommend using it. It is a very good skill for PvP purposes, as it tracks, does major damage, and can become invisible. But if you ARE planning to use it, don't put points in it unless you are willing to max the synergy skills and bone spirit itself. Don't just put "a point or two" in it, and plan on even attempting to kill so much as a quill rat in nightmare difficulty. If you're gonna use it, max it. If you're not, don't waste your skill points.

3. Dr.G

Dr.G IncGamers Member

I have 4 pts in bone spear and I thought that the bone spirit would be a nice little extra thing to have to back me and my army up...

4. goofycaca

goofycaca IncGamers Member

If you only have 4 points in bone spear then it is obviously not your main attack. Putting points into bone spirit will raise the damage but at such a low level it's not going to be enough to be worth wasting the points. Put the points into something that you're actually using.

5. Dr.G

Dr.G IncGamers Member

so if I did put points into it, it really wont have any damage power.. So should I just keep on leveling up my bone spear then maybe later throw a point or so into it??

6. pliu

pliu Banned

bone spear is useless as a backup skill. It is only usefull if you want explore marrowalk bug.

7. Dr.G

Dr.G IncGamers Member

then what is a good back up skill..

8. pliu

pliu Banned

I use CE as backup skill and got my merc to do the first kill. Some people use P Nova as backup because it need less syn points. here also a simliar thread
    http://forums.rpgforums.net/showthread.php?t=146429

9. jmprockstar

jmprockstar IncGamers Member

The Pnova thing I never understood, since it only helps stop monster heal; but if you use Corpse Explosion (with Amplify Damage), the monsters won't heal, either.

Because they're all dead.

Use CE. The only real argument is over whether to max CE or only put 5-7 points in it. I used the latter when making my summoner, but I have heard plenty of very good arguments for maxing it, namely that it kills everything at once for less many than three mid-ranged CE. I went for mages instead, since my blocking is rather lousy on my MF shield.

10. Dr.G

Dr.G IncGamers Member

i am not at lv29 and I have 4 skellie 3 skellie manges, u6-7 in sm, 1, clay, one blood and one iron golium with 3 pts in gm. and I have 1 pts in summon resist.

I also have 1 pt in ce, and 4 in bone spear. and I have about 1-2 pts in skellie sheild..

I want to make my guy stronger but I am not sure if I should make my skellies stronger or add pts to ce and stuff...

11. pliu

pliu Banned

I choose max CE. Because it is cool to look at especially at cow lvl. :D:D Bang !!! tons of cows died :lol:

12. pliu

pliu Banned

Forget CE now because CE is more efficient at hell difficult. Max raises skeleton and skeleton master first. Max CE if you want at later high lvl, 1 point is good enough for Normal and Nightmare, because for this two difficult lvl you skeletons do all the jobs and you also need amp and Decrepify curses. And this info is for skellimancer build. I am currently work on a bone/skelimancer use marrowalk :D:D

13. wickedWinter

wickedWinter IncGamers Member

With your current skill point allocation, it's too late to spend much time with Bone Spear and Bone Spirit. They might be kinda neat right now, but if you head into Nightmare/Hell difficulty, you need to have a focused skill set. And right now you've invested enough in the summoning tree that you won't really have enough to be casting Spear all over the place.

At this point, pump Raise Skeleton. And Skeleton Mastery.

Leave the Golems alone, they don't really end up being that effective - you can use them for specific purposes, but your main attack needs to be the Skeletons. That's your next step.

Oh, and Corpse Explosion can be beautiful, especially if you don't play in games full of people. You might want to look at that.