Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

The Blizzard Mystery

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by daskidude, Mar 10, 2004.

1. daskidude

daskidude Banned

The Blizzard Mystery

I think it is kinda funny that they need a web disigner. they are a software company full of coders and programmers and they probally have lots of them and no web designers or a webmaster? do you find this a bit ironic at all?

2. Shadow_247

Shadow_247 IncGamers Member

Maybe their previous one quit/got fired, or maybe then were in need of reinforcements for revamping the site for wow beta. Who knows, you say yourself, another mystery of blizzard.

3. daskidude

daskidude Banned

i don't know. i just find it funny

4. Lord Chaos

Lord Chaos IncGamers Member

What on earth does coders/programmers have to do with webdesigners?

5. Fearox

Fearox IncGamers Member

Umm... No. People change jobs. It's not like Blizzard never had a webdesigner before.

6. Ai_Guy

Ai_Guy IncGamers Member

Thank you! I am a coder/programmer. I write software.... not design webpages. I *COULD* write a webpage if I really wanted to(like my own personal one) but it takes a comptely different skill set to write a page like blizzard has. I also know i'm not the only coder that completely dispizes web design. I find it as mind-numbingly boring as many people find coding or listening to Ben Stein lecture about punctuation. Yes, there are similarites, but not as many as most people seem to think.

7. Lord Chaos

Lord Chaos IncGamers Member

Yes, I work with that too...so I know how it is. Its like putting an engine "designer" to work with designing the chassis of the car...that just doesn't work unless he does both.

Programming and Web design has very little to do with eachother...its a foolish notion left over from the golden years of .coms where everyone believed programmers were gods that could do just about anything computer-related. (and in a sense we could...designs weren't very demanding back then, it was just, as you put it, mindnumbing boring for most programmers)