The best waste of time I've ever had

Lord Nyax

Banned
The best waste of time I've ever had

I just finished reading this monster comic strip. It's longer than most novels now, and I find it funny as hell. D&D jokes abound. Thought I'd share it incase any of you haven't read it. :thumbsup:

TjejKast

Banned
Oh, thank you for making me laugh ^^.. although i don´t play D&D it´s still highly enjoyable.

With this said, i´d like to welcome myself to this Forum. Keep me well fed, and i promise i´ll stay within the forum rules.. For now.

Module88

Diabloii.Net Member
Oh, thank you for making me laugh ^^.. although i don´t play D&D it´s still highly enjoyable.

With this said, i´d like to welcome myself to this Forum. Keep me well fed, and i promise i´ll stay within the forum rules.. For now.
Well fed huh? Do you like... trout? :grin:

Lord Nyax

Banned
Tactical Attack Trout, right? Anywho...this is totally not a tangent...it took...let me count.

Ah, 4 posts. 4, for this to go off on a tangent. Yay for the OTF! :jig::flip:

Anywho...back on topic: Anyone else notice that Haley's gibberish cypher changes during the course of the strip? I was really disappointed...I spent half an hour working out a full decypher key for it...and it only works for like, 3 slides. :cry:

TurbulentTurtle

Diabloii.Net Member
Yeah the author told everyone that there's no actual key for the gibberish and for us readers to just go with it. I haven't even been reading Haley's speech bubbles lately because what she says can't be that important if we aren't able to understand what she's saying.
I do hope it gets cured some time soon though.

Merick

Diabloii.Net Member
I found this over a year ago via a link someone's sig. I really liked it but was only able to find it once. I've been seeking it ever since. And now we have been reunited.

Quietus

Diabloii.Net Member
Yeah the author told everyone that there's no actual key for the gibberish and for us readers to just go with it. I haven't even been reading Haley's speech bubbles lately because what she says can't be that important if we aren't able to understand what she's saying.
I do hope it gets cured some time soon though.
With what's happening lately, I'm willing to bet it won't take long. 10:1 odds that either Haley figures out things about Nale, they spend a few strips with her trying to tell them, and finally she randomly comes across Elan, spills it all, and our heroes manage to do their thing... OR, she finally overcomes it and spills her feelings for Elan to Nale, without knowing the difference.

Quietus

Diabloii.Net Member
I wonder how the author himself encyphers her text. I'm almost 100% sure it always makes sense...
Maybe your brain has a random descrambler that happens to make things work right just enough that you THINK it makes sense?

TurbulentTurtle

Diabloii.Net Member
If I were the author, I wouldn't spend too much time thinking up a code for Haley's weird talk, just type some gibberish in and be on with it. Most of what Haley says in the past have been about treasure or something relatively unimportant to the storyline.
I wouldn't mind her getting her speech back soon though, I miss her funny and witty comments. Nothing compared to V but it would be nice to here her again.
I like your idea Quietus, Haley and Elan (not Nale :grin:) would make an excellent couple.