Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

The Best Sorc Build Ever

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by i heart to MF, Mar 14, 2004.

1. i heart to MF

i heart to MF Banned

The Best Sorc Build Ever

Allright kids, why not read the whole thing before flaming, you may actually learn something.

You may like playing the old Meteorb sorc, but whats wrong with it IMO is the time that it takes the damn rock to fall. If monsters are running at you, that may be a problem. So i went ahead and created the "Orball" sorc.
    This sorc uses fireball on her left click, with frozen orb/teleport on right click.
    This build is great b/c with fireball, you can spam it and do more damage quicker. Skill distribution would go like this:

prereqs- w/e

20 fireball
    20 Fire mastery

20 frozen orb
    20 cold mastery

teleport- 1 pt.
    static- 1 pt.
    warmth- 2 pts.
    After youre done maxing the important skills, make sure to:
    put points in ice bolt as orb syn.,
    put points in meteor/ firebolt as fireball syn.

And 1 point in the "cold shield" of your choice.

There! youre done! this build rocks b/c you can start maxing your big hitter at lvl 12!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Equipment will be whatever gives u the best balance between MF and killing, as this is my MF sorc of choice, even better than my Meteorb at baal, etc.
    Faster cast and +skills will be esp. important. SOJ'S BABY!!!

Strategy:
    With my orball I usually run baal. with meteor at about level 10 with + skills, i cast a meteor or 2 to let the flames damage enemies somewhat, then cast orb, fireball, fireball, fireball, orb, etc etc. SPAM IS THE NAME OF THE GAME.

clean and simple, this sorc kicks so much more *** than meteorb.

POST YOUR OPINIONS!!! :winner:

2. C_Marfy

C_Marfy IncGamers Member

Cold mastery doesn't deserve 20 points in a pvm/dual tree build since most monsters won't have more then 50 cold resistance and they certainly don't stack resists. :cheesy:

I would aim for between 5-10 in cold mastery depending on your plus skill setup.

3. melianor

melianor D3 Wizard Moderator

Sorry if i tear this build apart, but Meteorb can just have the Fireball that you have and have one that makes even more damage than the one in your build.
    Maybe you have not looked closely at the Meteorb build????

20 Fireball
    20 Meteor
    20 FM

This will give you Fireball, that is ALOT more powerful than you 20 FB/20 FM (and a lowly synergy from a few points in Meteor) AND in addition you can use Meteor inbetween your FBs which will give you even more damage.

20 FO
    8 CM

With +10skills you get lvl18 CM which is way enough for a 2-tree build. Since if monsters are more highly Cold resitant you can simply use FB/Meteor to tear them apart. 20 CM base is good for single-tree build but way overshot with a 2-tree.
    How powerful is your FB with just 20FM when you encounter cold-immunes?
    The FB on my Meteorb takes those cold immunes groups apart in 2-4 shots without Meteorb cast!

I dont see how your Orball can outwit the regular Meteorb in terms of damage, since it simply cannot. Orball already exists in the Meteorb build since you can play the Meteorb that way.

Infact when i do runs in Hell i use all 3 spells Spam FB and then Either Meteorb or FO inbetween. So infact you are just pointing at a way one can use the Meteorb and do that with alot of damage on the Fireball side...

Did you even consider using FB on the standard Meteorb build?!?!

I migth see your point as you are trying to make your FO more powerful, but that just leaves you with a crippled FB. On the other side with not so high CM you get no crippled spells but 3 very powerful spells.

What is the real advantage of this build, compared to Meteorb?! :cheesy:
    Infact you are still using Meteor as you mentioned.

EDIT: you can get a Meteorb that does a bit more damage in FB if you dont max FM totally but put like 3-4 points into Firebolt for synergy and max Meteor ofcourse :p

A synergized FB with 20Meteor/20Fm can easily out do a 20FB/20FM FB in terms of damage ?!?! Since you are keen on using spammer spells.....
    20FB
    20FM
    1 Meteor
    FB dam: 598.1-679

20FB
    20Meteor
    20FM
    Fb dam: 1993.8-2263.6

The few times you will face Cold resitant monsters that require more than lvl18 CM you can easily assist your killing speed with spamming in synergized FB, just like you will be doing now with your "low" dam FB. Right?

4. Stiertje

Stiertje IncGamers Member

Lol, some people I don't get. People read the Meteorb guide and think the only thing you can use is Meteor because it has better damage. I myself find I use Fireball much more often then Meteor. I actually only use Meteor when I run Baal (to welcome his minions etc. )

And to claim this piece of text as "The Best Sorc Build Ever" is just a bit too much. The best in what? It's not best in PvP since you lack the synergies of at least one attack, and fullfilling these synergies will leave you at a lack of points for other usefull skills like Energy Shield + Telekinesis. The synergies are needed because of the players having stacked resistances and the ES + Telek. is needed to survive.

PvM also leaves much to be desired. 20 CM is as Melianor also put it too much. Most monsters don't even have above 33% Cold Resist and the hard -100% cap on CM bonus leaves much points unused. The lack of Fire synergies will decrease your killing speed.

And when you DO put points into Meteor as a synergy to Fireball, what is the real difference between your "build" and the Meteorb build? Only an overly stacked Cold Mastery that isn't used.

5. melianor

To add even more opinions here to that build.

Unless you max the synergy for Frozen Orb, puttin points there is no use at all since you only gain 2% per skillpoint invested. IF you do that then you can jt aswell go pure Orber anyways.

IF you do like 10 Icebolt, 10 Meteor you will have a FO that does slightly more damage and a Fireball that does a bit more damage but not enough to outwit the one from Meteorb in any terms.

FO is already powerful at its base 20FO,1CM configuration. If you consider putting points into that synergy you better put all there! That counts for Fireball aswell. And then maybe now you see how the Meteorb build came to be? :)

FO is powerful enough, so what to do with another 20 skillpoints, ey!! there's fire synergies that can be combined nicely :D BAMM 20 Meteor.

6. Stiertje

Stiertje IncGamers Member

Ok, done with the crap now. You mean to tell me that when you go kill Baal with your Orball, you pre-damage Baal with your flimsey Meteor, and then start spamming Orb and Fireball? And you mean US to learn something?

When I try to kill Baal, I always use Static first. Maybe I put an Orb first to chill him, but it's Static until his life is halfway down. Then I throw in a Meteor and start spamming Fireball, throwing in a Meteor at apropriate timings.

Ok, now you've learned that you can use Static AND that Meteor's timing doesn't interfere with your Fireball spamming ability. With enough FCR you can cast 3-4 Fireball in between 2 Meteors, Thus damaging Baal much faster then you ever could with only Fireball.

7. WvX_leader

WvX_leader Banned

The one post count says it all...

8. prion

prion IncGamers Member

nope.

synergies give +14% damage to fireball, while FM gives only 7% after the first point in it. Also, masteries get boosted by +skills, synergies don't. Here's what you should do:

20 Firebolt
    20 Fireball
    1 FM

gives nearly double damage of your build (without +skills), and uses the same amount of skill points.

Lets look at the numbers.

1 FBolt 20 FBall 20 FM:
    598-679
    with +6 skills: 1020-1135

20 FBolt 20 FBall 1 FM:
    985-1118
    with +6 skills: 1918-2134

9. Ryshenron

Ryshenron IncGamers Member

aww come on guys..let teh guy have fun, obviously he loves his half-assed build

10. WvX_leader

WvX_leader Banned

He does - we dont :thumbsup:

Hence no need for sharing :clap:

11. melianor

Apart from the wrong point allocation that is still a pretty crippled FB, compared to the one from Meteorb ;)
    Best builde ever, exactly, possibly never touched a Meteorb build OR read the guide (meaning the original poster)?!