Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

The best show on TV

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Dirty_Zulu, Jan 9, 2009.

1. stillman

stillman Diabloii.Net Member

Re: The best show on TV

The show disgusts me.

First: The show is glorifying and upholding abnormal sexuality. Now, it is not a person's fault if he or she is born such n' such way, but this type of show is saying how 'OK' it is for infants to be born with brain damage. Now listen carefully, because I have a degree in this: abnormal sexuality is caused when the neonate (child in womb) is exposed to stress hormones (like cotisol, a glucocorticoid) from the adrenal glands. Our system for dealing with stress is very primitive and is desinged for short term life-threatening responses (fight or flight reactions evoked by the sympathetic nervous system). So someone is trying to kill you, and your stress response sends out these hormones to break down tissues and turn them into energy that your body can use right away to get you out of danger (running or fighting).

Now, this system is not rigged to handle modern day long term stress, like working a stressful job, too many exams, etc. So when we experience stress, our tissues break down. A big problem these days is women like to 'keep the party going' while they're pregnant. They want to continue living their stressful lives, continue working stressful jobs, etc. The stress hormones are steroidal. Steroids pass through tissues like cell membranes. Thus, these stress homones simply pass through the developing infant and start breaking down its' brain tissues.

BUT, only certain brain tissues are affected. These include the interstitial nuclei of the anterior hypothalamus, the amygdala, and other sexualy dimorphic nuclei of the brain and even spinal cord. These regions are called sexually dimorphic because they develop differently for males and females. Our brains are 'female' by default but then are changed by testosterone produced by the testes while in the womb. The male brain is masculinized in the womb.

But a normally male brain can become demasculinized when these sexually dimorphic nuclei are damaged by the stress homones. The male's brain is then born more feminized. Homosexuals' brains have sexually dimorphic nuclei that are 50% smaller than normal males' and have only about half the normal number of cells. This is about the same size as women's sexualy dimorphic nuclei. Other areas of the brain are unaffected by the stress hormones.

Long story short: homosexuality, bisexuality, etc are caused by stressful pregnancies.

So what I'm saying is that it is not OK for women to produce infants with damaged sexuali dimorphic nuclei. Think of all the problems a bisexual or homosexual person is plagued with: having to face bullying and isolation at school, and worse: this little problem of not reproducing to carry on the family line because they cannot reproduce with someone of the same gender. This is very unfair to the child. We know that alcohol consumption damages infants brains in the womb, but society has not yet come around to accept that endogenous stress hormones (hormones we produce in our own bodies) ALSO damage fetus brain tissue.

The moral of the story: No matter what religous people tell you, homosexuality/bisexuality is not a choice in almost all cases. People really are born that way. They are homosexual/bisexual or w/e long before they are even born. Anyone who tells you otherwise has been brainwashed as child to uphold their religion at any cost, or they are simply uninformed on neonatal development. It is ultimately the woman's fault for having a stressful pregnancy. It is also the husband's fault for not taking care of her (doing the work to avoid the mother's stress) in the 9 month pregnancy, which is a fairly brief period compared to a person's entire life with abnormal sexuality.

The funny thing is the parents are sometimes angry at their *** son/daughter believing his/her *** lifestyle is a choice, when really it is the parents fault entirely.

Second reason I hate the show: Promiscuity leads to increased spread of sexually transmitted infections. The contestents don't seem to mind that the prostitutes or whoever they are trying to win are dating/kissing everyone simultaneously. If I saw a girl I was interested in even touch another person, I'd be like: "It's over. She's contaminated. There are things living inside her forever now, or at least a very strong liklihood." Are all the contestants bisexual too? Because suppose a woman contestant wins the girl...won't her dreamgirl be attracted to other guys too? It's just stupid to get involved with her then, or, all the contestants are bisexual.

2. Croup

Croup Diabloii.Net Member

All I saw in that post was troll, troll, troll, troll, troll.

3. HegemonKhan

HegemonKhan Diabloii.Net Member

come back to reality where trolls do NOT exist. your too much into a fantasy world with trolls and other monsters like orcs and hobits and dragons and zombies...etc... :p
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    anyways, the post makes good points. i don't know the science myself, so i don't know if its correct or if he's lying, but it sounded reasonable, aka made sense.

i'm not sure if "abnormal" (aka non-hetero) sexual orientation is entirely and only determined by birth defeats. i'm sure a person can choose to be homosexual after they been heterosexual or a heterosexual person can choose to be homosexual. just as well a birth defeat could cause different sexual orientation.

and about birth defeats and mothers and their behaviors:

i do agree that it's VERY WRONG (actually i feel it should be criminal. though the details and spefications would be daunting to decide. for example, if a mother eats unhealthy food and it causes damage to the baby would-should that be considered harming another life and be a criminal crime and punished as such? how about alcohol ? if we are to punish the harm of anotehr person, a baby in the womb, than what do we punish and what don't we punish ??) for a human (mother or father) to do actions or behaviors that will damage another life especially a helpless baby in the womb.

but dangerous sexual practices aren't the only ways to inferfere and damage a baby in the womb. as i mentioned, a mother can drink alcohol and mess up the baby. she can smoke and mess up the baby. she could possibly even trip over her own two feet and fall on her belly and compress enough to damage the baby inside..there's so many ways to make a baby come out wrong or unhealthy or damaged. the mother could even get the common cold and the common cold could mess up the baby in her womb...so many things can make a pregnancy and birth and baby go wrong.

in fact reproduction (making successful, non-damaged, healthy babies) is so fragile, it's amazing that babies can be made at all, just from the purely natural circumstances. just one wrong genetic flaw (mistake modifcation) during sex and fertilization and cleavage process can be the difference from a "normal" (healhy) baby or a baby with 5 arms or whatever... (for both human or other lifeform). and that is not taking into all the ways for a mother's and father's actions that can obstruct or ruin the making of a sucessful and healthy baby.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    for better or worse,

promiscuity is on an exponetial rise.

us traditional/conservative idealogues (who don't think you should be sleeping with all the ~3.5 billion males if u a female or the ~3.5 billion females if you a male) are going extinct. the times and culture and social-sexual norms are changing. humans are becoming more and more liberal or free with sexuality and promiscuity. also the age is getting younger and younger...which is just as frightening to us old fashioned idealogues. also girls are now jsut as agressive or even more so for sexual activities than many males are.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2009
  4. Ash Housewares

Ash Housewares Diabloii.Net Member

more tldr

5. HegemonKhan

whats tldr.... i've seen this a few times and don't know what it means..?

6. phool

phool Diabloii.Net Member

too long; didn't read.

7. HegemonKhan

ah okay thanks:D sorry for my ignorance or lack of knowing many internet-online acrynims...now if only i can remember that tldr means too long didnt read :p

most of my posts are TLDR :D i do feel or understand people's pain. my posts are long and usually badly written, bad grammer, and very unorganized. i'm not a good writer and don't like to write (at least formal school papers :p) since i'm so bad at it. i hate english class....but psychology is worse...taking it for my first time...and it's only been 2 days of class and already i know that i'm gonna be really struggling with it....i'm gonna have to really try just to get a c grade lol....having a hard teacher....doesn't help....grrr

8. bagar

bagar Diabloii.Net Member

Just stopped by to say that the post of stillman is completely incorrect in case anyone didn't realise that :wink:.

9. stillman

Asolutely not!

I can actually dig up the journal articles that describe the biopsy findings comparing brain regions in normal male adult brains compared with homosexual males and women's brains. But should I bother if no one is going to read into it?

I'll admit I don't know how abnormalities occur in female brains, only males, and there is still much unkown territory.

Also, it is very true that sometimes people can be heterosexuals who engage in homosexual behaviors. Here are a few common examples I was taught about:
    -prison environments
    -all boys schools
    -places where it is 'trendy' to participate in homosexual acts
    -aggressive situations, or pressure to experiment

One reason for my post was to defend homosexuals/bisexuals as being victims to the circumstances of their mother's wombs. People like to bash homosexuals by declairing that it is entirely choice, when really their brains are permanently 'wired' in some ways during prenatal development. Although the brain is very plastic and can change itself and even repair in some regions, cells that aren't there to begin with can't appear and correct for the deficit.

To sumarize, most homosexuality/bisexuality is a result of the person's individual brain condition, while a smaller percentage of this behavior is due to experimentation and such. For example, most females experiment a bit with other females, though they have 'normal' brains. They do not end up getting a same-gender spouse for example.

Bagar, if I'm so incorrect, I'd like to hear YOUR take on it.

10. HegemonKhan

it's pointless to be rational and beleive u can have a civil debate with support and evidence used to back up statements, when your engaging with a person or people who don't share this same affinity for rational and beleif in civilly debating disagreements.

if the middle east conflict is to have any positive lesson on present and future humans, it is that:

diplomacy and peaceful negiotation/debate is great and wonderful WHEN your opposing person/people ALSO beleives in diplomacy and peaceful negiotation/debate.

i'm going to take a leap here and presume this is why pacifics, liberals, europeans, and americans have such trouble comprehending the middle east conflict.

if there was an issue/conflict between germany and france, both germany and france would work it out diplomatically and peacefully.

unfortunately, it seems that some people of germany and of france and of my own america as well, for some reason think everyone is like them, and are thus incapable of seeing that not everyone is like them, like the middle east and arabs-muslims.

however diplomacy and peaceful negotiation/debate is futile WHEN your opposing person/people have no interest in diplomacy or peaceful negiotation or debate.

this is true for individual vs individual or country vs country.

for chatting purposes... its best to ignore them, or if they violate site policy, report them.

my words of wisdom, to whoever is interested in them :D

11. Gibbzilla

Gibbzilla Diabloii.Net Member

I stopped reading when you said it wasn't "OK" to have an "abnormal sexuality."

12. HegemonKhan

homo-sex is ONLY "wrong" when the entire human species engages in it and humanity goes extinct since no babies are being born.

homo "coupling" also is "inferior" to having a mom and dad for raising a child. but two moms or two dads is no less inferior or more inferior than having only 1 mom or 1 dad trying to raise a child. but it's well known that the best situation for raising a child is with a mom and dad. that's NOT saying that a single mom, a single dad, 2 moms, or 2 dads can't raise a child well and healthily, they most certainly can. but in theory at least, mom and dad is best.

i'm no expert on this but ima venture a reason of my own. a female teaches a child about females. a male teaches a child about males. unless the child never in their life enounters both a male and female, the child will be unprepared with how to deal with a male or female properly if that child is just raised by a single mom, single dad, 2 moms, or 2 dads. this is a simple reason why mom and dad is "best". though mom and dad usually have arguements which can be bad for raising a child. however, i'm sure 2 moms or 2 dads argue with each other jsut as much.

otherwise, you (should) have the right to be homosexual or heterosexual, jsut remember to respect other people and their views.

hopefully this ends the controversy and/or discrimination of sexual orientation.

i think EVERYONE can agree with my (above) statements:D
    hopefully everyone can at least understand my (below) statement and where i'm coming from or how i feel about the raised example issue of specifics or detail seen below:

as to specifics or details, thats much more messy. for example, i'll use my own view. if two guys wanna hook up that's fine with me (as long as u don't try to hook up with me! i'm strickly heterosexual), but i don't wanna see it in public like kissing or holding hands. maybe that's wrong of me, but it disturbs me none the less. though objectively i'm not sure how to deal with this: whether two guys should be able to publicly kiss or hold hands or not. if hetero's can kiss publicly than by just and equal and fair law homo's should be able to kiss publicly, yet at the same time, i also find it disturbing so i'm torn between this issue. maybe the only answer is for no public display of romantic affection for both homo and hetero couples. anyways, this should point out how messy the specifics or details can be.

as to two girls hooking up...that's "hot" and i got NO problems with it :D

and of course another example of the messy-ness of specifics or details is the famous or infamous issue of sexual oriantation and of marriage/civil union.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2009
  13. phool

phool Diabloii.Net Member

No proposed complete understanding of the causes of homosexuality has scientific consensus, the belief that it is at least in part genetic is prevalent however. Stillman - avoid words like 'disgusting', 'abnormal', 'brain damage' and 'defect' if you want to be taken seriously. I would be interested if you embellished on your credentials though actually, seeing as you brought them up.

14. The Lich King

The Lich King Diabloii.Net Member

I would say Stargate Atlantis + Sarah Connor Chronicles... but both just reached their final episodes.

Also how I met ur mother is gr8.

15. HegemonKhan

stillman,

about u bringin up the prison or the other similar environments:
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    jsut because u put-have (prison or military are good exmaples) all males or all females together, that doesn't remove their-our sexual urges. and if males don't have a female, they don't have a female, so that means male with male. same with females, if females don't have males, they don't have males, and thats means female with female. this will happen even if they are heterosexual, if they are not able to control or endure their sexual urges.

16. stillman

Well phool, I think I'll take your advice about not using words like 'disgusts'. That was just my opinion of the show. Brain damage or defects, on the other hand, are hard terms to skirt around. Sometimes there's no way to say it without bringing up the cold harsh truths. With Williams syndrome for example, terms like retardation, cognitive imparment, or anything one uses to to describe its' features can sound very displeasing. What can you do? The terms are always changing; they may never seem appropriate.

^HegemonKhan-that's sort of what I was saying...aggressiveness (violence in prisons) or pressure (lack of opposite gender availability). I didn't elaborate like you did though, because I like to write too-long-don't-read posts which are...too long already I guess, lol.

Edit: A good example on an Oprah show: a guest talking about Autism said she detests how people say her son is 'autistic'. She prefers for all to say 'he HAS autism. Autism is doing this to him.' I say, well you know, if he has autism, that makes him autistic. It's the same thing. 'Autistic' is derived from, well, 'autism'. Either way, autism is not a nice thing to have.

Same with brain damage. If there are cells in the brain that are being destroyed, what else can you call it?

Last edited: Jan 18, 2009
  17. HegemonKhan

ya, you were saying the same thing, i didn't realize it and went off and elaborated on your point that i didnt see/realize. my bad.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    personally, i have to disagree with u vehemently on the "brain".

labelization of differences is a very very very dangerous slope.

obviously, if a person has a leg or both legs missing, he's "abnormal" or "less than human" and even he would agree with that. that's not to say though that a blind person or a person missing both legs and in a wheel chair are any less capable than a person who can see or have 2 legs to walk on. they can adapt and remain having the same abilities (for the most part).

however, this is where i vehmently must disagree with u. the brain or mind is not so clear cut as missing legs or blindness. first of all when u talk about the brain you're talking about behavior. behavior is extremely complicated. most humans are completely unaware at how much processing and analyzing and comparing and contrasting the brain does with EVERY thought, feeling, and decision you make nearly instantanously as well. no computer comes even close to the processing power of the human brain-mind. oh a computer can do way more math calculations in a given time than a human. but the human brain by far does more processing than a computer will likely ever reach. because of all this we take human decision, behavior, and action for grantit (i still forgot how to spell this word or two words right). we so easily say that person "doesn't think straight", "he's insane", "he lost his marbles", "he's mentally ill", etc.. etc... nothing could be ever so more wrong. it's simply impossible for a human brain to not function "properly" or "normally". every action or decision made by every human that ever existed, humans that exist, and humans that will exist is always based on unfathomable amount of data which the brain can some how process nearly instantaneously. and we got humans who think they can label that ability as some how being more flawed or flawed in one person and not another ? that's absurd!

even a person who comitted the most heinous of crimes possible, is NOT "insane". he did what he did for a reason. that does NOT mean he's excused, but it does mean that he's not "insane". there's NO such thing as "insanity" or "mental illness". jsut as there is NO such thing as a jewish person or an african being any "less than human" than the rest of "us".

is a jewish person "mentally ill" (aka less than human?). is an african "mentally ill" (aka less than human) ?? is a french person "less than human" than a german person ? this is all genocidal-hateful labelization as some kind of absurd excuss and justication for the worst abuses and violations against innocent people that has ever occured and still ocurring in our human history.

why is it not okay to label a black person as 3/5 a vote as my own people (americans) done in our dark history of race hate and slavery, but it's okay to label a person as "mentally ill". is not that "3/5 vote" of a black person jsut as "less than human" as a "mentally ill" person?

as of right now, i see the labeling of "mentally ill" as the new label of hatred. just as through the ages, hatred has continued to adapt and evolve with the times.

history of hate and genocide and it's vile labelization:

barbarians (non-romans), infidels (non-muslims-arabs), witches (females with knowledge of herbs and medicine or simply was "different" than other women or lil girls), savages (non-europeans in america. the people already in america before the europeans arrived), jewish people (genetically non-germans), criminal (humans who deviate from arbitrary set up laws by a certain few and everyone is expected to agree and obey), and the lastest evolution of hatred-genocidal labelization: "mentally ill".

all of these labels have been used as somehow excussing and ligitimizing abuse and violation of innocent people (except those labeled as "criminals". there's a viable arguement for ligitimacy with ill treatment of those labeled as "criminals").

people saying they know what "normal" is, scares me more than if i was a jewish person and going on a "train ride" in germany-poland in 1945. knowing full well about the holocaust.

so what is "normal" ?

is einstein "normal" and eveyone else is "mentally ill" since we don't have his same intelligence ?

or maybe it's einstein who is "mentally ill" since he can't play music like mozart could ?

there's NO SUCH THING as "normal" in humanity or in all of life. life is built around being "UN-normal". diversity. differences. every organism has it's own "ABnormal" dna.

the only thing that could come close to valididation of "normality" would be machines and robots. if you were a rombot or machine and if you are-were not an exact same perfect copy drone or prototype than you're "defective" or "mentally ill" as a robot or machine.

but we aren't machines or robots. we are humans. we are living organisms. being DIFFERENT AND UNIQUE is how we ARE SUPPOSE TO BE.
    i am just now taking the very basics of psychology, but i am a person of science.

if there is actually science that proves that "mentally ill" is trully a medical illness, and not even a sliver of being genocidal-hateful defamatory labelization, than by all means show it to me,

until than i continue to wait to be proven wrong that psychologists and psychiatrists 's "term" of "mentally ill" is a medical illness and not hate-genocide speech and hate-genocide crime against an innocent person who has done nothing illegal or endangered anyone, being abused and violated by docters or cops just as countless innocent people have over our history like those labeled as "barbarians" (romans' genocide of non-romans. roman's conquests), "savages" (europeans and U.S. genocide of native americans. colonization of the "new world"), "N word" (mostly U.S. genocide of blacks-africans. U.S. slavery), "witches" (U.S. and european genocide of women and lil girls. witch hunts in america and europe. salem witch trials), "J word" (hitlers' germany genocide of jewish people. holocaust), "infidels" (middle east-muslims-arabs 's genocide of non-muslim-arabs. jihad), "heathens" (european christians and catholics 's genocide of muslims-arabs. crusades), and now the newest one: "mentally ill" (psychologists-psychiastrists-cops 's genocide of any person who doesn't behave or act or think like "some imaginary ideal person". "mental hospital" criminal kidnappings and hostage-holdings of innocent people by cops and docters).

18. BobCox2

BobCox2 Diabloii.Net Member

It's a choice. No your born that way, OK it's a birth defect. Throws in Pseudoscience with no real measurements.
    LOL

19. stillman

So I read all that...very noble thoughts there.

That said, we simply HAVE to have labels. Otherwise, we can't pass important information along when it is needed. For example, we have got to label soemone as diabetic. It may sound like a bad label, but it is there and if we don't have this description, someone's kid will be in serious danger after eating certain foods. The labels need to exist, no matter how bad they may sound.

You said it yourself, if someone has their legs amputed, at least some of their abilities are removed. Well how is this any different from a part of the brain being removed? If you remove a certain area (let's say Broca's area), speach production is lost. That person can not speak or does so with great difficulty. This is a terrible thing. It is bad, and NEVER good. Brain impairment of any kind is always a bad thing.

In fact, if you could push a magic button to make someone's legs saved from amputation, you would do it. Likewise, if you could push a button to prevent someone from losing their speech, you would do so.

About Einstein...he had problems. He had troubles with the wife. We can dig up dirt on any of the great figgures and contributors. They were not perfect.

The labels for mental illnesses and abnormalities you describe as being so hateful are there to help the afflicted, not hate them. We describe someone as mentally ill to ensure they get proper care. Putting them in grade 12 when they cannot function at grade 12 level would just be abusive in some ways.

I realize there was poor treatment of different people in the past, but these days thigns are very different.

' "mentally ill" (psychologists-psychiastrists-cops 's genocide of any person who doesn't behave or act or think like "some imaginary ideal person". "mental hospital" criminal kidnappings and hostage-holdings of innocent people by cops and docters).'

Many people see institutionalization as punishment, imprisonment, abusive captivity, kidnapping and on and on. But you know what? If you let them go off and leave the institution, they can die. Or almost die, and then get an even longer, worser stay in some institution.

Some things are for the best. Label people and hospitalize them, or let them die. We have laws now such that the latter is no longer allowable. No doctor (in Canada) is going to send a sick person out to the streets so he can starve to death or hurt someone or himself due to mentle defect (Oh, I'm sure the patient would LOVE to be let go though...even if it kills him. He will come up with big stories of how safe he would be, but it would still be practically murder to let this person leave and go off on his own).

20. HegemonKhan

errr...great, i messed up how to use the multi-quote function thing......

my comments for this post are part of the scripted quote below....i tried to use the multi-quote function that i have seen otehr use...but obviously, i failed use the funtion properly.....as u can see below... i did go and edited up best i could...
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    who says he is sick... u do or doctors do or cops do....simply because either:

A. he is different from u or the doctors or cops.

B. u don't like the person, or the doctors don't or the cops don't.

this is the same repeated attitude and behavior of hitler or the KKK. "those jewish people! they are different from me!!! and i don't like them either! so lets mass murder and try to genocide their entire race!!!! ("hitler" 's attitude and actions)" or "those black people! they are different from me!!! and i don't like them either! so lets mass murder and try to genocide their entire race!!!! (KKK members ' attitude and actions)"

-HK's new comment