Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

The best Merc?

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by Levirax, May 16, 2008.

1. Levirax

Levirax IncGamers Member

The best Merc?

Hello, I wanted to know if any of the mercs is better to me (I will make a blizzard sorceress) than others?

Sorry for the newbie question.
    Thanks.

2. ronniek

ronniek IncGamers Member

Re: The best Merc?

depends you can go for a act 2 merc on normal better stats and better defence as opposed to the freeze one from nm or go with a act 3 fire for cold immune monsters. I would recommend act 2 normal more cos you need a tank and it can increase you defence incase anythin does come close to you

3. Scudstorm

Scudstorm IncGamers Member

It's mostly for having a tough tank though... A blizz sorc's def is pitiful no matter what defiance she has.

4. ronniek

ronniek IncGamers Member

my defence is on 3000ish with defiance on and i can say it works wounders espectually if i get attacked during teleport anmd many other times. Comparing to wen i tried the nm one it was on 1000ish many times i died striaght away. It may not be as powerful as any other chars but having it higher a bit is better and lasting 2 hits is better than being 1 hit killed

Edit: also as theyare going to be a cold sorc nm act2 merc would be useless and act 2 mercs offer better work than act 5 barbs.

5. Scudstorm

Scudstorm IncGamers Member

Defense doesn't reduce the amount of damage you take, only the likelyhood of getting hit. So if you used to get 1-hitted and now can take 2 hits, it has nothing to do with defense.

I have 4000ish def with defiance and I can tell you I feel no difference with a 2000ish def at all. If you want Hell monsters to have trouble hitting you, you'll need much more than that.

Holy Freeze is very useful for a cold sorc. It slows things you can't slow. Also, that slowing is effective even when you do not attack (read: when you tele around).

6. Noite Escura

Noite Escura IncGamers Member

If you're going pure blizzard you're probably goingto teleport a lot. In that case defiance helps more than Holy Freeze as it gives you bonus instantly helping to get hit less even if slightly less. Between one teleport and another Holy Freeze will never have time to freeze anything while you teleport(it takes a fraction of second when you come to an area for the freezing kicking in).

7. ronniek

ronniek IncGamers Member

i did say nm where they're not as powerful so defence does matter a bit. to empathsize it does matter try equip something with low defence say about 100defence and get hit by a fallen. then equip proper armour and see the difference of damage u recieve