Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

The best Magic (Blue) Jewelry?

Discussion in 'Classic' started by quadeddie, Sep 18, 2006.

1. quadeddie

quadeddie IncGamers Member

The best Magic (Blue) Jewelry?

You always see a ton of this stuff on the ground and I was wondering if it's worth combing through the garbage to find something truly good.

The one item I heard about that's worth anything is a "Fortuitous Amulet of Fortune" which has a max of 25% + 15% magic find prefix/suffix that would result in a 40% MF ring. Two of these would give you 20% more MF than perf nagels and from my extensive rummaging, one of these rings would be worth a soj at least (for extreme rarity sake).

The other day I found a "Slayers Amulet of the Colossus": +1 Barb, +58 Life. This seems like one of the better blues I've found.

But are there other prefix / suffix combos I should be on the lookout for? Can classic spawn +2 blue ammys?

2. fledgeling

fledgeling IncGamers Member

yup, there are blue +2 amulets
    actually there are plenty of them if you ask people who gamble for amulets, often they trade those for gold (to gamble more)

I think blue amulets cannot spawn with +skills WITH +prism

you can get blue rings with 120AR and 30CR for example (I have one of those), with something like level 16 req

as for amulets, you can get +1 skills, 25mf amulets sometimes

3. -Tempus-

-Tempus- IncGamers Member

33 and 37 are the highest magic mf rings i've found. its worth it to id them and even to recube them. the same goes for amulets

+skill with life or str or fcr or leech are all good for starter amulets.

only way to get +2 in classic is for hell diablo to drop one or gamble it with a +86 lev char

-Tempus-

4. ElDrunko

ElDrunko IncGamers Member

After reading this thread, I started IDing all the blue jewelery and I found the EXACT amulet you described in the opening post. 1 barb skills, 58 life. Should I keep it or sell it to feed my gambling addiction?

5. Jezza

Jezza IncGamers Member

sell it. its junk

6. WarlockCC

WarlockCC Diablo Classic Moderator

You calling me an addict, eh, EH ?! :)
    Just gimme some gold man, I need to place a bet on a amulet that I got a good tip on.

To the Original Poster (op) :
    You can check the possible pre and suffixes here, thanks to Orphan :
    http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=435372
    note : spoilers inside. If you prefer to guess or estimate what the limits on blue amulets are, don't look there. :)

ARRRRRR, September the 19th today.

7. fledgeling

fledgeling IncGamers Member

give the amulet for some low level player, they usually wear really bad amulets

8. WarlockCC

Speaking of gold, you need a WoE ? Still have one unidentified. As Yoda would say "Good for Lightning Fury Javazons they are, yeeeeas.".
    Or did you quit Europe entirely ? :)

9. quadeddie

What's a WoE (I've been playing a LF-Jzon a lot lately)?

edit *duh* wall of eyeless *slap*

10. Rawly

Rawly IncGamers Member

Wall of the eyeless unique bone shield gives +5 mana per kill 20%fcr and some small ammount of mana leach it is useful for LF zons as they kill big packs quickly they will get lots of mana back from the +5 mana per kill.

11. Monzee

Monzee IncGamers Member

Correct me if im wrong but isnt fcr completely useless on a javazon?

12. quadeddie

It actually kicks *** in cows. Since you have a pack of 20+ cows you're killing, you get 100-200 mana per herd with this equipped. If your Javazon has 100 in energy and you're lvl 80+, and if you have IAS gear to throw your lightning furys at 10 fps, you will see a net effect of a slight decrease in your mana pool. You will have to pot occasionally, but you would be able to clear cows by herding and LFing without ever having to pick up a pot.

I use Sigs shield with Goldwrap, so I have 9 spaces for mana (3 for life), and I pot after LF attacking 4 or 6 times (2 or 3 seconds of attack with 9 fps javs). That means, I'm running through pots like crazy. I wish I could equip eyeless, but then I'd loose the 50% mf on sig boots and the max block. (You get hit a lot more with eyeless - you may need to invest more in the evade tree)

But, if you go with a slower jav build (10, 11), you can go eyeless w/o mana probs.

13. WarlockCC

You could cast your valk and decoy faster. Or cast inner sight or slow missiles faster. But on a javazon, I don't really see those skills in the requirements list. :)

14. Monzee

Monzee IncGamers Member

Yea, I know the mana per kill is extremely effective but the faster cast rate isnt..

15. quadeddie

Uh, crap - looking at the quote I originally thought you were talking about WoE.

Yes, FCR is completely utterly useless on a zon - they're all IAS.

16. WarlockCC

No, a zon van use FCR, in fact, it has been noted on several occasions that casting Inner Sight and Slow Missiles takes a long time during which you are vulnerable. Just not on a java since they usually don't have those skills. :)

Would be fun if the latter worked on FoH. You would slowly see the bolt approaching your head.