Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

The best item I've found yet

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by Silkweed, Mar 11, 2004.

1. Silkweed

Silkweed IncGamers Member

The best item I've found yet

Every now and then, one comes across something so divine that one simply has to gloat about it and make a huge fuss about it. Ladies and gentlemen, for me, that time has come.

The Pit, level 2, I popped the chest. Unique amulet and unique war belt pop out. The belt as we all know is T-Gods, an excellent find, but nothing compared to the amulet, which read as such:

Mara's Kaleidoscope
    Level 67 Required
    +2 To All Skill Levels
    +5 To All Attributes
    +30 To All Resistances

I await your jealousy and hatred eagerly.

:bow:

2. MoUsE_WiZ

MoUsE_WiZ IncGamers Member

I'd be jealous and hateful, but for some reason I've had insanely good luck finding maras, in that I've found more of them than any other unique ammy...and they've all been 27+, never perfect, but I think finding 5x27+ maras and only 1 cresent moon or whatever it's called is enough to make up for that ^_^

3. strijdje

strijdje IncGamers Member

woow, gratz on the perfect mara's :thumbsup:

awesome find ^^

4. himeji

himeji IncGamers Member

Nice find. My best was when mf hell meph, i got pf mara's, ss, titans and arkains (+1) in one evening. The game seems rather unbalanced, sometimes you dont find anything worthy, and the next couple of runs you're being overloaded with most wanted uniques.

5. Herald of Doom

Herald of Doom IncGamers Member

:clap: I wish I found stuf like that, even in softcore :D
    Best thing I ever found in HC (I dont play a lot of HC, none whatsoever in 1.10) was a perfect Gaze in 1.09. To bad my druid then got Pk'ed by a hydra sorc -_-

6. ToRuleEmAll

ToRuleEmAll IncGamers Member

I hate you. :rant: Feeling better now? :lol:

I've had my share and in the same place actually. Clearing level 2 until there was only one of those champion carvers left and I thought "alright let me get some cash". Went for the kill and what drops on the ground with a sounding *CLANK* - Unique Colossus Blade. :yep:

ps. OMG there's a restriction of the ammount of smilies that you can put in a post! What is up with that???

7. LuckyDwarf

LuckyDwarf IncGamers Member

I'd be SO jealous if this game was worth getting jealous over. ;) Anyway, grats on the awesome drop, my best drop from the same thing is a 234% ethereal Reaper's and an 8/7/20/14 Gaze. :)

Lucky

8. Matt

Matt IncGamers Site Pal

Wow, nice find (all of you who mentioned them actually!) My best find (ever mind you) in 3 years of play.. wait for it... Stormshield. Woohoo, go me :scratch: And that was on softcore, 2 years ago. My best hardcore find? Hmm... Yeah, ok, nothing awesome I can think of, maybe shadow dancers? Reapers toll? OH YEAH! (sorry, im brainstorming as I go) I think this was on hc .09.. coulda been SC .09, back in the day, I dont remember which, but i found a shako once...

Hehehe, the point is that I am not blessed with such awesome finds (this ladder season, i have found RARES: 3x monarch, 1 hydra bow, 1 sacred armor, 1 kraken shell, 1 spired helm, countless rings/ammies and, NO stormshields, NO windforci (windforces? Windforci?) No Ik armor or Tyreals might or whatever the sacred armor's are, No leviathian, No nightwings viel, 1 ravenfrost, 1 eye of etlitch.

I dont mind though, I tend to not built high end elite pvmers, but low level, pretty well equipped duelers, and in addition to my high level finds (or lack thereof) I run a lot of normal cows, some nm cows, nm mephisto, normal sewers occasionally, normal counsil etc etc and find a LOT of low level dueling gear, and trade my mid level unique storehouse for carnages, occasionally sharps, paladin shields, life charms and whatnot, so I end up happy :)

Again, good finds all, congratulations!!

-Matt

9. jsiv

jsiv IncGamers Member

That's called chance :)

10. JabberMonkey

JabberMonkey IncGamers Member

My best drop was last week. 2x set Laquered Plates in 2 consecutive pit runs, only had 150 mf at the time too. :evil:

11. Corndog

Corndog IncGamers Member

Nice drop Silk. Perfect Maras in 1.09HC were insanely valuable.

My best find to date on a scale of tough to find items is the unique Caduceus. I think its called Astreons something. Nice weapon. 33%CB, good attack speed. My Dclone Pally uses it.

12. himeji

himeji IncGamers Member

I call it mere luck.
    Several examples:
    - even players with 300%mf and higher, doing endless pit runs, still get crap items
    - Meph sometimes drops items from the same class in 1 drop, or the same item during x consecutive runs
    - after finding a top lvl item, lots of consecutive runs without even a single unique item to be dropped

13. treldonis

treldonis IncGamers Member

I agree, I ran the pit for over a week without any uniques(~50 runs). Then I get shako, tal's belt, bonehew and an SOJ in one evening. And I had 1/3 less mf for it too compared to my drought week.

14. ConnerMacleod

ConnerMacleod IncGamers Member

I've never found a Mara's in 1.10. Not that I'm jealous or anything, I am a person that believes a crafted Caster Ammy would do much better on a sorc/necro etc. Although the level requirement is much higher and all.

Best find to date in 1.10 -
    My 30% Death's Fathom (talk about insanely priced)
    My 14% Nightshade
    My 50% War Travs

15. makia-veli

makia-veli IncGamers Member

I've never found a mara but i found a 33 all res metalgrid at hell meph..

Best found in hc 1.10:
    2x Stormshield
    2x skullder
    Eth Bonehew
    2x shako
    47% war travs(1 week of play nightmare meph ;o)
    Trang-oul visage
    Metalgrid

16. The big "T"

The big "T" IncGamers Member

If I don't find something good soon I'll I'll I'll.....

....probably do another 20 runs.

So far Pit is run,run,run and nada to show. Buuut i'm feelin good today Yeah, the next one is sure to bring home the bacon just one more run Die scum sucking pigdogs Is that all u got My merc smokes your sorry a^# Come to poppa......faaaade to blaaaack..................hey who turned off the lights????? Make it go away!!!!!!!!!!!!

-whoops, NICE FIND!

17. jsiv

jsiv IncGamers Member

You're right, the game works after how lucky YOU are.

Chance is non-existent

18. sohcan

sohcan IncGamers Member

Gratz! Awesome find!