The best CoH?

jcmandiablo

Diabloii.Net Member
The best CoH?

Hey everyone,

Just a quick question. What is the best armor to make a CoH with? The CoH will be a for a 1 pt Smite Uber Build.

Thanks

Anti-Life

Diabloii.Net Member
comes down to ur build...

u want to invest less strength?

go with the dusk

if your going to have the strength with items to use AP...make it out of AP

also depends how u want ur pally to look. personally i prefer AP for appearance...but thats my opinion based on cosmetics, not in game functionality

Bladewind

Diabloii.Net Member
AP looks good but too generic. If you want to be cool, use a boneweave, it looks like a Shaftstop :badteeth: !

Eilo Rytyj

Diabloii.Net Member
It's just that Boneweave looks sexier than Archon. Archon makes you look like every other paladin on bnet. Especially bad is the fact that you look like a hammerdin... :vomit:

Dusk Shroud, Wyrmhide, Scarab Husk and Archon Plate are the best possible options statistic-wise. They require 77, 84, 95 and 103 strength respectively. Just work out what strength you will have, whether you meet any of the above requirements and go from there.

The next best up from Archon is Hellforge Plate, which you probably wont want to be using... the strength requirement is crazy, 196. NTY!

Maccat

Diabloii.Net Member
Kraken shell all around is my personal favourite for looks. I think great hauberks show some style points, no one uses them and it's close (if not exact) 20 points less than upgaded HoZ :D.

skDynasty

Diabloii.Net Member
STYLE BEFORE EXILE!!!! :rolleyes:
You cant run into battle witout lookin perty, GO FOR THAT HIGH STR REQ AND SHINY ARMOR!!!!! LOL

Bladewind

Diabloii.Net Member
It's just that Boneweave looks sexier than Archon. Archon makes you look like every other paladin on bnet. Especially bad is the fact that you look like a hammerdin... :vomit:

And it does not cost too much str wise and it certainly pays to stand out of the crowd. Just some extra str charms for those glitch whores.

Boneweave goes with a paladin fullstop. Just like how a wirefleece works for a zon. :grin:

safetypro

Diabloii.Net Member
Wire Fleece also looks great on a Paladin however, I agree with Eilo on the Boneweave for appearance. Really though it doesn't matter what armor you use as long it it has low str requirements and high defence. BTW don't build CoH in superior armor = high repair costs.

Eilo Rytyj

Diabloii.Net Member
BTW don't build CoH in superior armor = high repair costs.
Start collecting Ral runes and keep them in your stash.

Currently my Pally's Fort Boneweave (+14% dur I think) costs 660k+ to repair, and it's on 27/51 durability. There's NO WAY IN HELL I'm going to collect all that gold just to fix my armour.

In other words, superior durability is good, it gives you a little more time before you have to Ral it up.