The best bow? HOJ

Yossarian

Diabloii.Net Member
The best bow? HOJ

Has this been discussed yet? But to me Hand of Justice looks to rock as a bow.

100% Chance To Cast Level 36 Blaze When You Level-Up
100% Chance To Cast Level 48 Meteor When You Die
Level 16 Holy Fire Aura When Equipped
+33% Increased Attack Speed
+280-330% Enhanced Damage
Ignore Target's Defense
7% Life Stolen Per Hit
-20% To Enemy Fire Resistance
20% Deadly Strike
Hit Blinds Target
Freezes Target +3

About 120 fire damage thats all right
IAS and ED are nice
ITD rocks
7% LL
20DS

But the big 2 are at the bottom. Blind and Freeze your targets. Basically nothing should ever hit you. And you can kill quite well.

Is it just me, am I missing something? But I'd take it over BOTD (the extra 27 IAS is the only thing to think about to me).

Edit
Actually I don't think the IAS means anything really. I can put HOJ is a Shadow Bow (nearly same dam as Hydra) and gain 10 IAS or a Spider and gain 20 IAS. Plus you save a lot of points in STR.

sunbearie

Diabloii.Net Member
I think its a perfect bow for a vamp magazon. Use it on a +3bow skills Grand matron bow. Massive fire damage (-fire resist, lvl 16 aura) and the hit freeze target makes sure the monsters stand in your firewalls. ITD etc helps since you wouldn't have much ar without penetrate.

Comparison with BoTD though, its hard to beat the +30 to all attributes. Also, strafezons might not like the fire aura, attracts too much attention :)

MithrandirX

Diabloii.Net Member
Maybe there's a fire mageazon build in there somewhere. A +3 HoJ bow would be pretty sweet in my opinion. Throw in some fire facets for more damage and a holy freezer merc with reaper's toll to cast decrepify. Should hold the enemies still and keep them chill for your fire skills. Sounds intriguing.

Mith

Freyas

Diabloii.Net Member
That bow would be great for a fire mageazon. The thing I really like about the elemental skills is that they will spread fire damage from other sources you have with their blast damage. Since holy fire gives you a nice boost to your fire damage with your attack, using exploding or immo arrow will add the fire damage from the holy fire to the damage spread through the blast. When you pierce and hit several monsters several times per arrow, that boost to damage really stacks up. The -fire resist is extremely useful as well. The only drawback, which has been pointed out, is that the holy fire aura will wake up more monsters and have them target you, since you're doing damage to them, rather than just the closest target, such as your merc or valk. The freeze target and blind mods will help keep them away, however, if you're not fighting too far above your level.

HardyZ

Diabloii.Net Member
Yossarian said:
Edit
Actually I don't think the IAS means anything really. I can put HOJ is a Shadow Bow (nearly same dam as Hydra) and gain 10 IAS or a Spider and gain 20 IAS. Plus you save a lot of points in STR.

you wouldn't gain 20 ias on spider, but 15, as spider is speed [5] ;)

still, HoJ looks like quite a good bow, and cheaper than BotD(anyway, i personnaly consider a waste to use a zod rune in a non-ethereal item, but that might be just me)

Aldragon

Diabloii.Net Member
Hi a there.
I have a HOJ MAT BOW on Ladder 313% and for PvM it rocks (better than WF and BOTD got them both also.
And for PvP is really good for Low def chars ( All chars except pallys and BABAS)
ALDRAGON

Broncobiv2

Diabloii.Net Member
Yossarian said:
HardyZ said:
you wouldn't gain 20 ias on spider, but 15, as spider is speed [5] ;)
Well you're not gaining IAS, you're just making the base bow speed faster, which can translate to a lot more actual IAS savings. For instance, to get to 8/2:

Hydra (20 speed) - 147% IAS
Spider (5 speed) - 125% IAS
Shadow (0 speed) - 105% IAS
Great (-10 speed) - 75% IAS

Base speed is not IAS. Look at the difference between Hydra and Great. It's a difference of 30 base speed, but a difference of 72% IAS.

Broncobiv2

Diabloii.Net Member
This bow may be better than a BotD bow (not debating that), but it's also going to be a lot harder to complete (and more expensive if you're trading). As far as the top tier runes go, BotD uses Zod and Vex. HoJ uses Cham, Sur, and Lo.

Zod - most rare
Vex - 8th most rare

Cham - 2nd most rare
Sur - 5th most rare
Lo - 6th most rare

lextalionis

Diabloii.Net Member
Broncobiv2 said:
This bow may be better than a BotD bow (not debating that), but it's also going to be a lot harder to complete (and more expensive if you're trading). As far as the top tier runes go, BotD uses Zod and Vex. HoJ uses Cham, Sur, and Lo.

Zod - most rare
Vex - 8th most rare

Cham - 2nd most rare
Sur - 5th most rare
Lo - 6th most rare
But zod is 81 times more rare than a Cham. HoJ is cheaper still.

GenXCub

Diabloii.Net Member
Passion has Hit Blinds Target +10 which is better because the HBT roll is affected by ranged weapons. It has decent mods for being a low level runeword. Keep it on weapon switch, blind the monsters, then deal with them how you will.

leeye84

Diabloii.Net Member
i'm currently looking to make a HoJ bow (+2 10ed grand matron bow). I guess my question is, is it worth it. for the current ladder, 3 high runes is a lot to spend, and my WF is not doing too bad by itself. how big is the difference between HoJ and WF in terms of killing speed cuz i never seen a HOJ in action.

thx.

Omikron8

Diabloii.Net Member
If you want killing speed stick with windforce as nothing can contest its absurd maximum damage. HoJ seems to be more suited to a bowazon hybrid consisting of physical + cold/fire damage instead of pure physical damage.