Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

The Archmage

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by Aucon, Mar 28, 2005.

1. Aucon

Aucon IncGamers Member

The Archmage

Hello,
    I have been trying to find the Archmage build and have not had any luck.
    Could someone help me out?
    Thanks,
    Aucon

2. Uzziah

Uzziah IncGamers Member

not sure on specific links but if you do a search on the forum (top right of main forum page) for tri-elemental, archmage, arch mage. you will get plenty of threads on this topic.

From personal experience basic tri-elemental sorcs have 3 common similarities.

1) low stat costing skills (frozen orb, firewall, nova)

2) theme, they tend to stick more with a theme like nova based trielemental sorcs (frostnova, nova, meteor), or cast and forget as a theme (enchant, thunderstorm, cold armors), or bolt skills (ice bolt, fire bolt, charged bolt)

3) usually regarded as low powered builds more of a versitilaty over power.

One of my favorite ways to build a trielemental sorc is by using a "leaf" runeworded staff containing firewall and fire mastery as staffmods; for instance +3 firewall, +2 fire mastery with 2 open sockets gives:

Leaf
    "TirRal"
    two handed damage xx-XX

+5-30 Fire Damage
    +2 mana per kill
    +3 to Fire Skills
    +33% Cold Resistance
    +3 Inferno
    +3 Fire Bolt
    +3 Warmth
    +3 Firewall
    +2 Fire Mastery

With +5 all skills located elsewhere in your build you get a firewall with 1085-1130 damage enough to be usable in Hell. That leave you with only 2 skill trees to deal with, and you have yourself a nice trielemental sorc.

Welcome to the forums

3. Liliel

Liliel IncGamers Member

I think a Firewall/Frozen Orb/Thunderstorm archmage in full Tal's setup works pretty well.

4. Rookeeya

Rookeeya IncGamers Member

:D

I actually have a level 99 Archmage. I built her in Classic and converted her at level 67 to Expansion. She uses the Tal's/Shako/Hoto or Occy set-up. She is Frozen orb/Firewall/ TS with a littlle CL. She may not kill as fast as as single tree sorcy, but? I never have to say.. "Oh, it's immune. I can't hurt it."
    *LOL* She has 725 MF on the switch and has furnishe med with enough to supply all of the other 16 viable characters. I think my one dlaw was with her
    stat distribution. Too much strength. But? When I did that, it was for a Classic armor she had. I use a barb merc to cover the monsters that need to be dealt with physically.

5. Aucon

Aucon IncGamers Member

Uzziah

Thanks for the help Uzziah. I had thought about the "Leaf" Staff but I currently have a "Memory" staff I'm getting my Sorc leveled up for. My first was a FO/CL Sorc and when I got to Hell guess what my first dual immune was? Yep, thats right. Cold and Lightning. It figures. Thanks again.
    Aucon