Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

The Amazing Valkyrie...

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by OU Fiji, Jun 15, 2005.

1. OU Fiji

OU Fiji IncGamers Member

The Amazing Valkyrie...

Okay, according to Chippysdip's skill calculator, a fully synergized Valkyrie (Valkyrie- 20 pts, Decoy- 20 pts, and Penetrate -20 pts) will have 3,520-4224 Life, +475 % Damage, +1600 Attack (I'm assuming this means to attack rating?), and a Defense bonus of +190%. Now, this is an incredibly powerful ally...but I was wondering, would be possible to form a build around this? The 20 pts in Decoy would also be a nice distraction while your Valkyrie did her damage. Add a nice Mercenary of your choice outfitted with powerful gear and you'd seemingly have much of the work cut out for you. Another question I have is exactly how much damage would this Valkyrie be doing? Any input would be appreciated.

2. Wmeredith

Wmeredith IncGamers Member

The Valkyrie zon is definitely a cool build. You will want a Harmony bow for even more revives and a super speedy army, plus valk prebuff. Throw a Faith on your merc and you have a Vigor/Fanatic army :thumbsup: . Then you are free to sit in back and take out strategic targets with your Guided Arrow or maybe FA to freeze the baddies.

As far as your valk's damage is concerned that is different on every cast. Her gear gets randomly generated. Once you get her to lvl 27 she has a full kit of RARE Jewelry/RARE ELITE armor and weapon. A powerful ally indeed :p . Try to recast until her spear is black, that means she rolled it with a Cruel mod. Oh, and avoid the bright orange armor. That means it's main mod was attacker takes dmg of xx, which is useless in hell. Other than that, barring hacks you'll be mostly in the dark about her damage, etc.

Good, luck.

3. Dacar92

Dacar92 Community, Amazon, DH Moderator & Inc Clan Officer

Good answer. This sounds like a cool zon. I keep forgetting about this build. I would like to try it. But I don't have the runes on East to make a Faith so I would have to do it SP. But you could do it without Faith. You just wounldn't have the fana mod. It would still be fun.

4. phatskat

phatskat Banned

i tested this on sp with all perfect gear
    3 to passive circ
    3 to passive ammy
    hoto
    spirit
    nigma
    2 sojs
    arach
    3 to passive gloves
    treks
    10x passive gcs
    Anni

i think with bo and command i had a lvl 54 or 55 valk and she was absolutely invincible. With a good merc she did just fine, the only problem was the valks terrible attack speed. when doing baal, if she got decrep...it was agonizing to watch her frame by frame

5. Wmeredith

Wmeredith IncGamers Member

Another tip: If the Faith route is too pricey, jusy go with a Might merc. The Harmony is the really important thing for me, so you get more revives.

6. nepeta

nepeta IncGamers Member

How's she pulling without prebuff gear? I imagine you yourself want to do some damage too as well :p I'm working on a similar build (SP), so I won't have Enigma, anni and some charms, but a Level 40 should be doable I think. How would she roll then? Daren't ask, almost :p but could you test that for me? P1 Hell would be really sweet.

regards,,

nep

7. Sokar Rostau

Sokar Rostau IncGamers Member

IIRC the Valk is not fully kitted out until level 27 when she upgrades her rare tiara to a rare Diadem.

Valkyrie is also one of those skills that can't be fully synergised (Valkyrie + Decoy + Penetrate + Critical Strike + Dodge + Avoid + Evade = 140), but you of course don't need to give her too much D/A/E, she does need more than pre-reqs to be at her strongest though. My Palazon's Valk (20 Valk, 20 Dodge, 20 Avoid, 20 Penetrate, 16 Evade (?), 5 Decoy, 5 Critical Strike (?) is deadly but slow. She has killed Lister solo and has even killed Paladins (in one hit! I wish I knew what her gear was...) and Barbs. With only a level 5 Decoy she usually only dies to Iron Maiden as it is, and rarely takes any damage other than that because of her D/A/E, but with level 20 Decoy she would probably never die.

8. nepeta

nepeta IncGamers Member

My valkyrezon has been put on ice for a while, need to complete my windmaster for the MFO first. Thanks for the input, think I'll restrict the valks synergies to 10 decoy and what of the passive skills the char has use for herself, after all, who's boss? :p