The A.D.D. Tournament (Sign-up & Progress)

ElMiko

Diabloii.Net Member
The A.D.D. Tournament (Sign-up & Progress)

The A.D.D. Tournament

Basically, the idea behind this tournament is that your character just doesn't have the patience to learn higher level skills. Practically, it means that your character will be focussing on an elementary skill. What is an elementary skill? Well, I'll get to that. But first, the basic rules.

1. Hardcore only. Naturally, you can create a Softcore character, but once you're dead, you're out. Muligans if dead in the first 2 Acts? We'll see.

2. Untwinked. No muling on or off. All your character can use is what he/she can carry.

3. 1.10 and 1.11 only. RRM and RWM allowed as long as you only use runewords allowed on standard single-player.

4. Any player setting is allowed and can be altered whenever you feel it's appropriate. Please don't abuse this, because that's just gross.

5. Re-running areas: you have A.D.D., you haven't the patience to do things more than once. No re-running... Sort of...

5a. You may do a second run of all act bosses and the countess, provided that you defeat them and their minions on /players8. Eg. clear Chaos Sanctuary on /p8, clear 3rd lvl Durance of Hate /p8, clear 5th lvl Forgotten Tower p/8, etc. Second clears of act bosses on /p8 score you an extra 2 points, so please post if you've done so.​

5b. For every subsequent act boss re-run and any reruns of areas not mentioned in rule 5a, you will subtract 5 points from your score. So, if you run Diablo 4 times, that's minus 8 (+2-5-5) from your score; if you run the Pit 3 times, that's minus 10 (-5-5). Capiche?​

6. Townfolk interaction: only to collect quest rewards. This means no Atma auto-heal, NO REPAIRING EQUIPMENT, and no identifying with Cain, NO SELLING ITEMS TO VENDORS. And yet, townfolk interaction has some exceptions, too. I'm gonna come clean here. Lots of tournys limit NPC contact, but I'd like to give people a reasonable incentive to pick up gold, so...

6a. You may gamble, except with Jamella.​

6b. You may buy red and blue potions (provided that you are at full health and mana when you buy them).​

6c. You may BUY identification from Cain (if you choose not to rescue him in Act I).​

6d. You may buy two tomes as soon as you can afford them. However, you may never buy scrolls of any sort.​

6e. You are allowed one merc resurrection per difficulty. Merc resurrections are not cumulative. If you do not resurrect a merc in Normal, that doesn't mean you can resurrect a merc twice in Nightmare.​

NOTE: Remember, you're only allowed to pick up gold, not sell stuff for it (you dont have the patience for all that negotiation).

7. Mercenaries: You are allowed to redeem each of your mercenary rewards at any time during a given difficulty level. You are also allowed to resurrect one of your mercs ONCE during a given difficulty level. Following the Rogue merc, you will need to pay for these rewards with your own gold. However, if you opt to have a merc, subtract 15 points from your total. You only calculate this penalty once.

8. With the exception of Mercs, you cannot revisit acts to collect quest rewards.

9. Reward: I'll take my IndianaJones barb out of retirement for some MF. You'll be getting a personalized and socketed excpetional unique (if i'm feeling especially generous/lucky,it may be elite) or set item. Probably something like, "Distracted_Champ's *blank*"

---

Scoring:

-1 for each character level.
+1 for each WP.
+2 for every quest completed (that means it's grayed out!).
+2 for going back to kill an Act boss on /p8.
See Rule #5 for scoring rules on re-running areas.
-15 for deciding to use a merc.

---

Skills

Every character will have a few skills to choose from as his/her primary skill. This skill must be maxed by level 40. No other skill levels may have more than 10 hard points in them. With a couple of exceptions, level 12 and 18 skills will be limited to 8 hard skill points, and level 24 and 30 skills will be limited to 5 hard skill points (this is to encourage synergizing while not providing a way to ignore your primary skill). For the sake of balance, and in trying to keep in the spirit of this tournament, some skills are banned. That is to say, you may put points into them according to guidelines just mentioned, but you may not use them. Sorry.
Onto the class specifics:

Amazon:
Primary skills to choose from: Fire Arrow, Cold Arrow, Multiple shot. Inner Sight, Critical Strike, Dodge. Jab, Power Strike, Poison Javelin, Lightning bolt.
Banned skills: Fend, Lightning Strike, Lightning Fury, Plague Javelin, Charged Strike. All Passive Skills not listed as possible primary skills are limited to 5 hard skill points, and Valkyrie is banned. With the exception of Strafe, all Bow & Crossbow skills not listed as possible primary skills are banned; Strafe is limited to 3 hard skill points.

Assassin:
Primary skills to choose from: Tiger Strike, Dragon Talon, Fists of Fire, Dragon Claw. Claw Mastery, Psychic Hammer, Burst of Speed. Fire Blast, Shock Web, Blade Sentinel.
Banned skills: Phoenix strike; Claws of Thunder and Blades of Ice are limited to 5 hard skill points. Shadow Master. All Traps not listed as possible primary skills are banned.

Barbarian:
Primary skills to choose from: Except Find Potion and Find Item, any Warcry can be selected as your primary skill*. All Weapon Masteries. Bash, Double Swing, Double Throw.
Banned Skills: Find Potion and Find Item (NO GRUMBLING!). All non-weapon Masteries are limited to 3 hard skill points. Leap, Leap Attack, Concentrate, Frenzy, Whirlwind.

*NOTE: If you choose a warcry other than War Cry or Grim Ward as your primary skill, then you may only use that warcry which is your primary skill, the rest are banned. (PLEASE, SOMEBODY, CHOOSE GRIM WARD AS YOUR PRIMARY SKILL. I WOULD RESPECT YOU IMMENSELY, FOREVER).

Druid:
Primary skills to choose from: Firestorm, Molten Boulder, Arctic Blast, Cyclone Armor. Werewolf, Lycanthropy, Werebear, Maul, Feral Rage. Raven, Poison Creeper, Oaksage, Spirit Wolf, Solar Creeper, Spirit of Barbs.**
Banned skillls: All Elemental skills not listed as possible primary skills are banned; however, there is no hard skill point cap in this tree (so if you're gonna be elemental, Sin-ergize). All Shape Shifting Skills not listed as possible primary skills are limited to 5 hard skill points. Dire Wolf, Grizzly; again, however, there is no syngery skill point cap in this tree.

**NOTE:You may choose one and only one minion skill to use. This means that you may not summon any minions other than the minion you select as your primary skill.

Necromancer:
Primary skills to choose from: Raise Skeleton, Skeleton Mastery, Clay Golem, Golem Mastery, Skeletal Mage.*** Teeth, Bone Armor, Poison Dagger. Except Confuse, all Curses are fair game.++
Banned Skills: All Summoning Skills not listed as possible primary skills are banned; however, there is no synergy skill cap. Corpse Explosion is limited to 5 hard skill points; all other Poison & Bone Skills not listed as possible primary skills are banned. Confuse.

***NOTE:You may choose one and only one minion skill to use. This means that you may not summon any minions other than the minion you select as your primary skill.
++NOTE: Any curses not selected as a primary skill are capped at 5 hard skill points.

Paladin:
Primary skills to choose from: Resist Fire, Resist Cold, Resist Lightning, Defiance, Vigor, Salvation. Might, Holy Fire, Blessed Aim, Concentration, Holy Shock, Sanctuary. Sacrifice, Holy Boly, Smite, Blessed Hammer.
Banned skills: Prayer, Cleansing, Meditation, Redemption. Thorns, Holy Freeze, Fanaticism, Conviction. Charge.

Sorceress:
Primary skills to choose from: Ice Bolt, Frozen Armor, Frost Nova, Ice Blast, Shiver Armor, Chilling Armor. Charged Bolt, Telekinesis, Lightning, Energy Shield. Fire Bolt, Warmth, Inferno, Blaze, Fireball, Enchant.
Banned skills: Glacial Spike, Blizzard, Frozen Orb. Static Field, Nova, Chain Lightning, Teleport, Thunderstorm. Firewall, Meteor, Hydra. All Elemental Masteries are limited to 3 hard skill points.

---

Please post updates in the following manner:

Forum Name: ElMiko
Character Name: ChangeTheTopic
Character Class: Druid
Primary Skill: Poison Creeper
Level: 1 (-1)
WP: Rogue Encampment (+1)
Quests: 0 (+0)
Act Boss /p8 kills: 0 (+0)
Re-run Penalties: 0 (+0)
Total: 0

---

I've tried to be careful with designing these characters, but if you see something that you think is patently unfair, post a nice, restrained reply saying why you think so, and I promise I will carefully consider it. With this in mind, let's hold off on starting the tourny for a week or so.

---

Code:
Forum Name     | Character Name    | Class   | Primary Skill    | Lvl | Act | Waypoint     | Score |
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ElMiko           ChangeTheTopic      Druid     Poison Creeper      1    A1    Rogue Camp         0

GooberGrape

Diabloii.Net Member
LOL, good idea for a tourney. The rules are a little tough, but that's what makes it fun. I won't be participating due to lack of time, however it is a good concept.

Reminds me, I need to get the rules together for my O.C.D. tourney, where you have to run Bone Ash 100 times, Countess 100 times, etc...

-GG

Wolron

Diabloii.Net Member
Looks like fun. I am currently in six tournaments and that is my limit. However, I am going to enter this one in about two weeks when I finish the Quest for Knowledge tournament (sooner if I croak!) I am going to study those skill limits closely, but I have already eliminated the sorceress and the amazon. Hmmm, maybe all of them are too difficult! We shall see.

ElMiko

Diabloii.Net Member
Wolron said:
Hmmm, maybe all of them are too difficult! We shall see.
GooberGrape said:
The rules are a little tough, but that's what makes it fun.
Egad! I think if you look em over, the rules are complicated, but not too hard (all those Banned skills/Primary skills lists make my eyes hurt; wish there was a better way to format).

So here is a note to the wary:
-All characters have primary skills availabe that can be synergized, often in multiple trees.

-You're not expected to rely entirely on primary skills. For Amazon, 20 pts in multiple shot and 10 points in cold arrow and fire arrow would make for a feasible -albeit challenging- offense. And you'd still have 60 skill points to assign to synergies and passive skill!! Can life get any better? I submit that it cannot!

-Also, think outside the box! Since all the uber(shudder)-skills are off limits, you may be reluctant about making an offensive character. So make a defensive character! Focus on Bone Armor and synergize, baby! Focus on Energy Sheild and synergize, baby! Focus on Grim Ward and... well, okay, you got me on that one.

More than anything, the reason I made this tourny is so you (and I) can build a character that we might otherwise not build. I'm in a tournament right now who's limits make the only really feasible druid character a Hybrid. I've never made one before because, frankly, Hybrids aren't particularly efficient. but i've always wanted to because, hey lookit at me I'm Wolf! Bear! WOLFBEAR! Whooo! I coulda gone with a Barbarian in that tourny and had any easier time of it. In fact, i'll be surprised if i make it much past the 1st Act of Nightmare. But most of you have been playing long enough and know you're good enough so that winning is secondary to simply playing.
Buh-member, I am very open to questions, comments, suggestions, personal anecdotes, dirty limericks, etc. if you think there's something i should change, let me know and I'll consider it (except the Find Potion and Item bans... those are absolutely final:angry: ).

Quickdeath

Diabloii.Net Member
What about Magic Arrow - its a lvl 1 skill? Why is it not allowed as a primary skill?

Would you clarify whether I understand the skill rules correctly?

Chosen Primary Skill - must invest 20 pts by lvl 40
No other skill can have > 10 hard points
Lvl 12 & 18 skills are limited to 8 hard points
Lvl 24 and 30 are limited to 5 hard points

Other than Pallys, all classes have some special limitations on investing skill points and using skills (read the fine print!)

Primary skills may be used directly and/or for synergy.
Banned skills may not be used directly but in general may be used for synergy.

Hamburger

Diabloii.Net Member
Great idea, Miko!!!! ("El" is a pronoun, so I'll just guess you are "miko" and speak spanish just like me :grin: )

I do have a suggestion though.....

I think Necros and Pallys are a bit unbalanced.

It seems not so difficult to build something similar to a fishy(RS,SM,CE) (meh, even though summon resist seems banned, maybe diablo would kill such a char?). I'm just thinking out loud....

And regarding pallys, you could build a semi standard hammerdin.....

Maybe I'm wrong, like I said, I'm just thinking out loud......

Good luck everyone, and nice going Miko!!!!!

Quickdeath

Diabloii.Net Member
I think I'll play a Firestorm Druid. Can't play during the next week, so the timing is good for me.

Hamburger's point is good. Hammerdins and Skellimancers will be somewhat weakened by the cap of 10pts on all non-primary skills (and the even lower caps on the higher level synergies such as Concentration) but they will be very easy builds to play in normal and NM.

Edit: Just realized that skellimancers would not be able to summon a Clay Golem. That would limit them a bit, especially against act bosses.

ropepaelgen

Diabloii.Net Member
I think I'm going to make a necro with Teeth as the primary skill. We'll see if I remember that this tourny is starting in a week though, as guild wars tends to pull me in from time to time.

Forum Name: Ropepaelgen
Character Name: HappyPants
Character Class: Necromancer
Primary Skill: Teeth

and a couple of questions, as I am still a little confused as to your rules:

1. Now that I chose teeth as my primary, this means I can still put points into other skills that can be used as primary and use them I just can't max them right?

2. I'm new to these point scoring tournies, so when getting the free merc in act one, to grey out the quest, you still get -15 for using a merc? or can you kill her off and have it not count, since technically you didn't use her to kill anything? Or is it that I should just skip over the quest entirely since I would be getting -13 total in the end?

Edit: and now I just realized that you banned all synergies for teeth. So basically for a necro its teeth, bone armor, corpse explosion, poison dagger ( all unsynergized), all curses except confuse, and one of my choise of summon skills, which makes them all unsynergized? When you said that you wanted us to take advantage of synergies, well where is that advantage? Or maybe I'm not understanding completely...

Edit2: I'm dumb... surprising I graduated college. Ignore my first edit and first question all together. I READ GOODER THAN YOU!

ElMiko

Diabloii.Net Member
In order:

Quickdeath said:
What about Magic Arrow - its a lvl 1 skill? Why is it not allowed as a primary skill?

Would you clarify whether I understand the skill rules correctly?

Chosen Primary Skill - must invest 20 pts by lvl 40
No other skill can have > 10 hard points
Lvl 12 & 18 skills are limited to 8 hard points
Lvl 24 and 30 are limited to 5 hard points

Other than Pallys, all classes have some special limitations on investing skill points and using skills (read the fine print!)

Primary skills may be used directly and/or for synergy.
Banned skills may not be used directly but in general may be used for synergy.
You understand the rules poifectly. The reason I didn't allow Magic Arrow is because I want to make amazons suffer just like everyone else. Magic Arrow would make finding arrows irrelevant. Their weapons never break! At least they should sweat over this!

Hamburger said:
It seems not so difficult to build something similar to a fishy(RS,SM,CE) (meh, even though summon resist seems banned, maybe diablo would kill such a char?). I'm just thinking out loud....

And regarding pallys, you could build a semi standard hammerdin.....
I feared thusly. Coupla things just to clear up for future reference. Summon Resists, as a 24-30 skill is limited to 4 hard skill pts. I shoulda been clearer about this since it's a passive and so "banning" it can be vague. Thanks for pointing it out.

With a little creativity, I think there are a few semi-standard builds available. I had hoped that 10 pts skill cap on would make things like SM+RM and GM+CG a little less sturdy. I also thought that with the area re-run penalties, farming skeletons when one was facing Big Red (or any act bosses, really) would be... well kind of balanced out. You can go get more skeletons, but you lose 5 points from your score. Also, i couldn't really think of a way to allow the Necro's Summoning Tree without throwing skellies out there as an option. If you've got a solution, lemme know, because I definitely understand where your coming from.

As for paladins... I've got confession to make. I know close to nothing about them. I've made a handful of em, but nothing to really test their potential, if ya know what I mean. I had sort of hoped that the other skill point limits would also help balance out the strength of a Hammerdin. However, ultimately you're probably right, so if there are no objections, I'll take that off the primary skills list, but leave it as an allowed skill (with a max of 8 hard skill pts). Yeah?

Quickdeath said:
Edit: Just realized that skellimancers would not be able to summon a Clay Golem. That would limit them a bit, especially against act bosses.
In the words of Lo Pan, "Indeed!!"

ropopaelgen said:
2. I'm new to these point scoring tournies, so when getting the free merc in act one, to grey out the quest, you still get -15 for using a merc? or can you kill her off and have it not count, since technically you didn't use her to kill anything? Or is it that I should just skip over the quest entirely since I would be getting -13 total in the end?

Edit: and now I just realized that you banned all synergies for teeth. So basically for a necro its teeth, bone armor, corpse explosion, poison dagger ( all unsynergized), all curses except confuse, and one of my choise of summon skills, which makes them all unsynergized? When you said that you wanted us to take advantage of synergies, well where is that advantage? Or maybe I'm not understanding completely...
answer to number 2: the way not to incure the 15 point penalty is to not speak to Kashya. Then she will not give you a merc! Complete the quest, and I'll let that count towards your points (even though it's not grayed out). How's about dat?

answer to your edit: "Banned" does not mean you cannot invest skill points. "Banned" simply means you may not actively use the skil. So, synergize to your hearts content (well, with the skill pt caps).

And just in case others are wondering, ropepaelgen's first question was correct. you can choose a primary skill that you don't necessarily use, as long as you aren't using a banned skill.

See Quickdeath's summary of skill rules. Much more coherent than anything I've said up to this point!

Whew, did I miss anything?

ElMiko

Diabloii.Net Member
As it turns out, I cannot edit any of my posts. how do you like them apples? So, hear ye, hear ye.

RULES EDIT: Blessed Hammer is No Longer a possible primary skill. Also, if you Kill blood raven , but don't redeem the quest reward, you may still count that quest toward your score!

ElmoCorruptsChildren

Diabloii.Net Member
I have more O.C.D than I do A.D.D, but this tourney looks like fun nonetheless. I'm not currently enrolled in any other tourneys, so I think I'll join. I'll wait a bit before I decide my build/skills (give me a chance to plan ahead before I just jump in), but expect me to be in soon, even as early as later tonight.

And as a side note, I have never been in a tourney where talking to NPCs is banned/restricted because I usually don't like those limitations... but I think I can survive for a while in this one. :badteeth:

A couple thoughts, though. First, is there an official start time or can we begin ASAP? Second, is there an official end date or a provisional reason to end the tourney? (ie, all dead, no updates in a month...)

Good luck, all!
-ECC

ElmoCorruptsChildren

Diabloii.Net Member
Double Post. In the words of Mario, "I'm-a-sorry."

OK, I've decided. It'll be a Holy Fire Ranger (we'll see how we do w/out a merc...). And as the usual for me, I've used an anagram program to determine my name using the "Holy Fire Ranger" description above. The name? Quite applicable, if I do say so myself: General_Horrify. :grin:

Forum Name: ElmoCorruptsChildren (ECC)
Character Name: General_Horrify
Character Class: Paladin
Primary Skill: Holy Fire
Code:
Forum Name     | Character Name    | Class   | Primary Skill    | Lvl | Act | Waypoint     | Score |
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ElMiko           ChangeTheTopic      Druid     Poison Creeper      1    A1    Rogue Camp         0
ropepaelgen      HappyPants          Necro     Teeth               1    A1    Rogue Camp
ECC              General_Horrify     Paladin   Holy Fire           1    A1    Rogue Camp
edit: forgot to mention, I'm going SC. If I die at an early enough level, I'd like to turn this character into a full-fledged HF Ranger w/max synergies. But I'm good for my word. ...Trust me... :rolleyes: j/k

ElMiko

Diabloii.Net Member
ElmoCorruptsChildren said:
Double Post. In the words of Mario, "I'm-a-sorry."

OK, I've decided. It'll be a Holy Fire Ranger (we'll see how we do w/out a merc...). And as the usual for me, I've used an anagram program to determine my name using the "Holy Fire Ranger" description above. The name? Quite applicable, if I do say so myself: General_Horrify. :grin:

edit: forgot to mention, I'm going SC. If I die at an early enough level, I'd like to turn this character into a full-fledged HF Ranger w/max synergies. But I'm good for my word. ...Trust me... :rolleyes: j/k
Welcome aboard. I, too, have been wary of "No-NPC-Contact" tourneys. But after trying it a couple of times, I've found it's kinda neat. I also added the Gold Use provisions so that the game might not seem so lonely to our characters.

answers:Start/End Dates. You may start whenever you'd like. However, ideally, i'd like people to hold off for at least a few days. The reason is (as you can see from only a handful of posts), the rules are in some degree of transition. I doubt there'll be anything major, but it would be cruddy if you'd decided you wanted to be a hammerdin moments before i posted the message saying Blessed Hammer had been removed from the Primary skills list. ya dig? still, like i said, it's up to you.

Oh dear God, when does it all end??? well, i guess the standard guidelines can be applied: Everyone is dead and/or there is a clear winner or, there have been no posts in a month. In the unlikely case of a tie, surviving characters will face off with non-re-rollable Ancients until there's a winner.

No worries on the SC. There are a few tourneys where I wish I'd done that, too *cough* Jekyll&Hyde Tourney. Dying in HC is always an emotionally shattering experience for me, especially when I'm thinking this would be an interesting character to play out.

ElMiko

Diabloii.Net Member
I have decided to practice as I preach. A second look at the Poison Creeper Druid build has me thinking it's nearly your standard Rabies build. And the whole point is to throw standard out the window, right?
So here goes:

Forum Name: ElMiko
Character Name: ChangeTheTopic
Character Class: Sorceress
Primary Skill: Energy Field

Code:
ElMiko           ChangeTheTopic      Sorc      Energy Field        1    A1    Rogue Camp         0
ropepaelgen      HappyPants          Necro     Teeth               1    A1    Rogue Camp
ECC              General_Horrify     Paladin   Holy Fire           1    A1    Rogue Camp
i expect this will be an interesting, albeit short lived experiment.

ropepaelgen

Diabloii.Net Member
quick question: If you clear an area, only have the previous waypoint, then exit the game and come back, what is your ruling on going through the area again? Do you have to just run through without killing anything, as seen in previous ironman-ish tournies, as this can be exploited if this is not the case? Or do you just get the same penalty for rerunning the area if you do decide to kill mobs?

Saucy

Diabloii.Net Member
Ok I'll get in on this.

Forum Name: Saucy
Character Name: FoulKrack
Character Class: Assasin
Primary Skill: Tiger Strike

Code:
ElMiko           ChangeTheTopic      Sorc      Energy Field        1    A1    Rogue Camp         0
Saucy            FoulKrack           Assasin   Tiger Strike        1    A1    Rouge Camp
I better read the rules a couple more times before we start. Lots o rules!

ElMiko

Diabloii.Net Member
ropepaelgen said:
quick question: If you clear an area, only have the previous waypoint, then exit the game and come back, what is your ruling on going through the area again? Do you have to just run through without killing anything, as seen in previous ironman-ish tournies, as this can be exploited if this is not the case? Or do you just get the same penalty for rerunning the area if you do decide to kill mobs?
Honor system here. Try to get into the next area as efficiently as possible. Stick to paths if possible. You may kill a monster who you cannot avoid and but please don't pick up drops, open chests, activate shrines, etc. These kills will not count against you in the form of a re-run penalty

@Saucy: welcome aboard and good luck!

Just something I thought of: +skills equipment and Chance-to-Cast. All +skills equipment is allowed, even if it is adding to a banned skill. However, the ban on the skill still stands. CtC equipment is also allowed, even when a there is a chance to cast a banned skill. This means all 1.11 runewords are in play! Also, i consider the unique bow, Witherstring, which fires Magic Arrows, to be CtC. That's the only unique i can think of where this little issue might crop up, but hey... just thought i try and cover the bases.

ElmoCorruptsChildren

Diabloii.Net Member
Oops. I got antsy and started. If I have to remake General_Horrify, so be it.

I rushed through A1 all at /p1, except to double-run Andy on /p8 both times (in order to get the +2 point bonus, you have to run it on /p8 BOTH times, right?). Not much to report, except that I'm destroying everything without hardly trying. Also found a pair of unique boots, a TC3! It's my first pair, and since we can't mule off it looks like General_Horrify is holding onto them until death! I'll miss those 4 extra spaces...

OK, update. I can slow down if we want to attract more participants if you'd like, but I like to run hard and fast when I play this game! :grin:

Level: 17 (-17)
Merc: None (0)
WP: Lut Gholein (+10)
Quests: 6 (+12)
Act Boss /p8 kills: 1 (+2)
Total: 24 - 17 = 7

Code:
Forum Name   | Character Name | Class   | Primary Skill | Lvl | Act | Waypoint     | Score |
ECC            General_Horrify  Paladin   Holy Fire       17    A2    Lut Gholein    7
ElMiko         ChangeTheTopic   Sorc      Energy Field     1    A1    Rogue Camp     0
ropepaelgen    HappyPants       Necro     Teeth            1    A1    Rogue Camp     0
Saucy          FoulKrack        Assasin   Tiger Strike     1    A1    Rouge Camp     0
Might I also make a suggestion about the table? I believe that the most important statistic we all need is our overall score... and it's hidden way over on the right! How about we slide it somewhere closer to the middle? I made a few spacing changes to try to alleviate it myself, but there's too much info to fit into a non-sliding table... but this is MHO, so do what you feel, ala the Simpsons.

ElMiko

Diabloii.Net Member
Some More Rule Clarifications n Stuff

ElmoCorruptsChildren said:
Oops. I got antsy and started. If I have to remake General_Horrify, so be it.

I rushed through A1 all at /p1, except to double-run Andy on /p8 both times (in order to get the +2 point bonus, you have to run it on /p8 BOTH times, right?). Not much to report, except that I'm destroying everything without hardly trying. Also found a pair of unique boots, a TC3! It's my first pair, and since we can't mule off it looks like General_Horrify is holding onto them until death! I'll miss those 4 extra spaces...

OK, update. I can slow down if we want to attract more participants if you'd like, but I like to run hard and fast when I play this game! :grin:

Level: 17 (-17)
Merc: None (0)
WP: Lut Gholein (+10)
Quests: 6 (+12)
Act Boss /p8 kills: 1 (+2)
Total: 24 - 17 = 7

Might I also make a suggestion about the table? I believe that the most important statistic we all need is our overall score... and it's hidden way over on the right! How about we slide it somewhere closer to the middle? I made a few spacing changes to try to alleviate it myself, but there's too much info to fit into a non-sliding table... but this is MHO, so do what you feel, ala the Simpsons.
Yeep, you raise a lot of important points that need addressing.

Foist, the /p8 slaying only needs to be done on the second run, but it should be done with one act of the first time you kill the act boss. So, if you kill andy /p1, and you want the xtree two points, you need to kill her a second time, this time using /p8, BEFORE you kill Duriel. Elsewise, consider it a five point penalty. anyhoo, props on the double /p8 kill.

Segundo, when i say "no muling off," i'm not limiting your personal item aquisition. That's not my place! I simply meant that you could neither twink, nor put aside nice items for your A.D.D. character using a muling program (read: ATMA). If you want to add those boots to your personal collection (i take TC means Treads of Cthon??), feel free to mule off. However, if you want to use them for this character, and are saving them for later, you need to keep em in the inventory. Am I making sense here?

Dreite, no worries on the early start. Because there's no set end date, i don't think that an early and agressive start will put other players at a disadvantage. The only conceivable disadvantage would be to you. If you'd bitten the dust trying to do two act boss p/8 kills instead of just one, that woulda been unfortunate. Fortunately you seem to be breezing through it, anyway (holy fire against Andy musta been nice).

And, zhongyu, good call on the table. I'm also gonna remove the waypoint column because the posts will give that information anyway, and it's not absolutely essential info. Also did some major scrunching on the table and hopefully "ropepaelgen" is the longest forum name we'll have on that list!!:wink3:

Code:
Forum Name | Character Name | Class|Primary Skill|Lvl| Act |Score|
------------------------------------------------------------------
ECC          General_Horrify  Pala   Holy Fire     17   A2   7
ElMiko       ChangeTheTopic   Sorc   Energy Field   1   A1   0
ropepaelgen  HappyPants       Necro  Teeth          1   A1   0
Saucy        FoulKrack        Assas  Tiger Strike   1   A1   0

Wolron

Diabloii.Net Member
Well, I have never (ever) put a point in the smite skill, even to use as a prereq. I think that was a good decision, but that must change. This should be different and short-lived. Here goes nothing!

Code:
Forum Name | Character Name | Class|Primary Skill|Lvl| Act |Score|
------------------------------------------------------------------
ECC          General_Horrify  Pala   Holy Fire     17   A2   7
ElMiko       ChangeTheTopic   Sorc   Energy Field   1   A1   0
ropepaelgen  HappyPants       Necro  Teeth          1   A1   0
Saucy        FoulKrack        Assas  Tiger Strike   1   A1   0
Wolron       Sir_Smitey       Pala   Smite          1   A1   0