Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

The 4 amazons project

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by INSANE, Jun 14, 2005.

1. INSANE

INSANE IncGamers Member

The 4 amazons project

Hi all

Me and 3 friends are going to start 4 amazons and (try to :D ) finish the game possibly going through all the zones and doing all the quests. We will be starting once our college classes finish. The idea is not to use uber builds but instead builds that will make the game a lil bit more difficult than the usual (but not impossible) and of course, have some fun.

Currently this is the setup:

FA
    IMO
    jabber
    lightning striker (dont know if there is another way to call this one :p )

note that we are planning to use only items we found, so it will be a legit pack of zons with absolutly no trades and of course probably no high runes, enigmas, faith...

Feel free to post suggestions on either changes in the setup and items like some easy to find runewords that would help all the zons...

2. Dacar92

Dacar92 Community, Amazon, DH Moderator & Inc Clan Officer

I am glad to see you're going untwinked. Do you have a strafer in there?

Keep us informed as to your progress.

3. Tarantella

Tarantella IncGamers Member

With 4 mercs and hopefully 4 valks in the party Id recommend someone maxing innersight :D

GL!

4. INSANE

INSANE IncGamers Member

no strafer =)

also important to say that the jabber wont use the common titans/ss combo...instead shes gonna go the spear way ^^
    i know its gonna be hard but...thats what we want =)
    currently we got an +4 arioc for her
    dunno if thats gonna be her weapon but thats the best we have for her by now

im gonna play the FA, and for her i currently have found a 194 buriza, 2 ravens, a bow gc (that i may give to our IMOzon) and a nice +2bow 20ias ll rare gloves

5. YogiRat

YogiRat IncGamers Member

Ahh, so these are specialized builds rather than untwinked. Points for not going with strafe or multi. Big points for having your jabber be a spearie. She would be a good candidate for your singer,max her innersight. She should have a ranged attack for the IM places. Hmm, throwing knives or axes?

Also an Insight merc right of the bat, mana worries gone. Also someone, even if it's a rouge should have a Harmony bow. Vigor is a very team friendly aura.

6. INSANE

INSANE IncGamers Member

nice suggestions, thanx!
    specially the harmony on a rogue, havent thought of that before
    was thinking of having it as a alternate weapon but that sounds much better

the insight is planned for the FA, since mana is usually an issue for this kind of zon

what do u guys think of the lightning striker?
    im thinking she may be too powerfull
    she probably will also go with spear instead of titan/ss

7. Wmeredith

Wmeredith IncGamers Member

Is your team roster already full? I volunteer, if not. If so: good luck, sounds like fun! :thumbsup:

8. INSANE

INSANE IncGamers Member

roster is full :(

but the original idea was 5 zons, so maybe i can talk with the other ppl and they accept that... it would be nice to have 1 more zon

the main problem i think it would be the time difference cause we 4 are brazillians and there is a difference of 2 or + hours from usa (you american right?)

yet i dont know what time we are going to play because the other guys are going to be working during the morning / afternoon... (i wont, just leaving job for some well deserved vacation heh)

9. Wmeredith

Wmeredith IncGamers Member

That's cool, tlak to yer buds and if they say a 5th is OK let me know a time you'll be playing. Time differences might not be a factor, who knows.

10. GargonCerlan

GargonCerlan IncGamers Member

Sorry if this is a bit OT, but I love the idea. I think that having an untwinked all common char team would be fun! If anyone is interested and can play during the afternoon/evening on east time, perhaps another team can be made and the two sets of teams can post their problems/concerns/findings to report back with the success of the idea??

11. Dacar92

Dacar92 Community, Amazon, DH Moderator & Inc Clan Officer

I would love to play on another team with some other people. Why don't you start another thread, with some ideas for builds and let's see who can play.

12. GargonCerlan

GargonCerlan IncGamers Member

Will do, as soon as I get home from work. I'll take the day thinking of using other "offensive" skills than the ones previously mentioned, or at least variants of them. Should prove to be very hard, but fun. ***Wonders about the viability of impale on an idestructible/self-repair item...***

Until 4:30 eastern or so...

GargonCerlan :drink: :buddies:

13. phatskat

phatskat Banned

ill take part in that for sure
    ill make my specialty strafer, or a melee zon

oh and um, what realm, sc/hc, and l/nl will this be?

14. INSANE

INSANE IncGamers Member

=)

glad u guys like the idea
    in the future there could be projects to other classes to
    been thinking of druids (bear, rabies, fissure...)

15. Sokar Rostau

Sokar Rostau IncGamers Member

I suggest you are your Jabber with a Passion warpike, this will give you Zeal (rather than Fend) and Berserk for Iron Maiden.

I brought up the idea some time ago of a virtually immortal team of eight Zons, somewhat similar to what Paladins can do with 8 auras. 1 Passion Palazon, 1 Beast Battlemaid (was a Kingslayer Palazon but the new runewords makes that a bit redundant and Beast has Fanaticism), 1 Jab/Impale Spearie, 1 FAzon, 1 Strafer/Sniper (guided/MA), 1 Immozon, 1 each of Plague and Lightning Javazons. This is a highly twinked team making the most out of all the skills available to an Amazon such that the Immozon uses HoJ, Plague Jav girl uses Bramble/Trang gloves, FA zon would use Ice now (meaning no need for HF merc). This covers all forms of attack with Physical, Magic, Cold, Fire, Lightning and Poison damage. You could have virtually all the auras now available in this team between the mercs and the players. The only problem is keeping that damn Fury zon in check (so she doesn't kill everything before anyone else can do anything) which is why I listed an order of attack. I'll have to do a search for my original post with all the info...

I have recently moved part-time to West (and am thus far poor) with the hope that I may be able to arrange a group like this in the future.