[Guide] The 1pt smiter guide to Uber Tristram v 1.0.

laxa

Diabloii.Net Member
Thanks for this guide, made a mix of second poor gear with mid-gear, even if my resists were a bit short and my HP pool was really low (1300), I manage to die only once on Izual, and the reste went smooth !

SunSet

Diabloii.Net Member
Yeah, doing ubers is not hard, even with low-mid gear.

BTW, look at the views of this thread^^ usefull guide!

Aceyannick

Diabloii.Net Member
Hi guys, i just restarted the game and made a smiter, following this great guide. only question that i have is this:

I see some people talking they have resists over 75 (like over 100)... i already have most of the gear but my resist are all around the max 75. which gear described in this guide expands the max resists then?

thx for the reply (if i get some that is) :whistling:

Have fun all !!:coffee:

SunSet

Diabloii.Net Member
Max resistances are capped at 95%. 100% would be immune. You must look for items like Guardian's Angel templar coat, wich gives +15% extra to all res. Anyways, in Uber Tristam this is useless, against Mephisto at least

magicrectangle

Diabloii.Net Member
If they're talking about resists over 100 they are most likely referring to overstacking resists. You put on, for example, enough gear to be at 200 resist lightning in hell difficulty, but the game caps you down to 75. However, when you are effected by conviction, it subtracts form the 200 FIRST and then looks at the cap, so 200-125 = 75, so you're still at the resist cap, even through conviction.

You can also increase max resists as sunset says, but I don't think that's what "people" are talking about, certainly not if they're talking about being over 100.

I don't agree with sunset that increasing max resists is useless. I've used guardian angel to good effect against ubers. Even at 75 resists under conviction the elemental damage can be quite substantial there. With guardian angel last aldder I was able to reliably not die, to spite not having CtA for battle orders (early on that is, obviously I got a CtA eventually). I would certainly agree that it is useless if you are not able to hit resist cap under conviction though, that being the case you're better off with smoke, or anything really that has resists.

SunSet

Diabloii.Net Member
If they're talking about resists over 100 they are most likely referring to overstacking resists. You put on, for example, enough gear to be at 200 resist lightning in hell difficulty, but the game caps you down to 75. However, when you are effected by conviction, it subtracts form the 200 FIRST and then looks at the cap, so 200-125 = 75, so you're still at the resist cap, even through conviction.

You can also increase max resists as sunset says, but I don't think that's what "people" are talking about, certainly not if they're talking about being over 100.

I don't agree with sunset that increasing max resists is useless. I've used guardian angel to good effect against ubers. Even at 75 resists under conviction the elemental damage can be quite substantial there. With guardian angel last aldder I was able to reliably not die, to spite not having CtA for battle orders (early on that is, obviously I got a CtA eventually). I would certainly agree that it is useless if you are not able to hit resist cap under conviction though, that being the case you're better off with smoke, or anything really that has resists.
That's why i talked about Mpehisto in the end :) ofc extra resistance is usefull with the other ubers or other monsters. But under meph's conviction you need an armor with +res :p

magicrectangle

Diabloii.Net Member
That's why i talked about Mpehisto in the end :) ofc extra resistance is usefull with the other ubers or other monsters. But under meph's conviction you need an armor with +res :p
No, no. It is great against mephisto too, if you can get enough resists to actually make use of the increased max. For example the pally I mentioned using GA before getting good gear, I rocked the GA with salv aura and had 90 resist all under conviction against meph. Very helpful.

Once you get better gear you want to be able to rock the fanaticism and kill him faster of course, but that is a separate issue.

Barth

Diabloii.Net Member
Same here. With non-maxed fire and cold resists after conviction, somewhere in the 30's to 40's, I always felt safer with fanaticism to leech faster than with salv. Lightning resist was always maxed though, not sure if I'd change my mind if I tried running with 40 light resist.

Alkajak

Diabloii.Net Member
Seeing as how we only need a 1x3 space for the torch itself, what other charms other than lifers/resist do we need? There's a whole lot of space. Do we need any skillers? A gheed's isn't important seeing as how we're not really mfing, unless it's for the keys itself. Anni, yes. Torch, no since you want to pick it up.

magicrectangle

Diabloii.Net Member
I have about 5-10 ists to spend on a uber smiter.
Suggestions on gear?
g's face
dracul's
gores
ravenfrost
shael'd the redeemer
um'd HoZ
tgod's
mara's (or rare/magic resist all/light/cold)
rare/magic resist ring
smoke or ebug prudence

treachery for fade prebuff, stand in the fire just north east of the red portal when you zone into tristram, then switch back to your regular armor once fade goes off.

fix resists with charms as needed, life charms for the rest of the slots.

hubb

Diabloii.Net Member
Dexterity needed goes up as you level. The difference between levels is usually 2 dex points (maybe sometimes 3?) so you can just add to dex as you level up :)

chenw

Diabloii.Net Member
It is entirely possible to have +100 res Sanctuary in a PALADIN shield, since they come with an inherent resist (up to +45), so rolling a +100 resist shield is actually quite easy with a 40+ res shield

elborrador

Diabloii.Net Member
So I see a lot of talk here about Grief, but I haven't made one yet and I am about to do my first ever uber run this week. Was wondering what your guys' thoughts were for my pally.

Weapon - Last Wish BA
Armor - Duress AP
gloves - Draculs
Belt - Dungos
Helm - Vamp
Shield - Sanctuary pally shiedl (105 res)
ammy - 3 combat skill with tele charges
ring 1 &2 - dwarf star (working on getting 2x BKs)
boots - gore riders

switch -
weapon - CTA
shield - non upped HoZ
merc -
tals armor
guillames
insight ethCV

notes
i went with vamp. gaze instead of guillames bc i'm more concerned about my survivability and wanted more LL. I am still around 80-90% CB, As I have not tested it yet, am I really going to notice the 10% difference to CB? The flip side is my merc has no LL on him,will having LL on him keep him alive against the ubers, or is it pretty much a forgone conclusion that he'll die

so thoughts? I feel this is a decent build, I can solo anywhere I want, but I've never done the ubers so looking for feedback. I'm lvl 87 in case anyones wondering.

chenw

Diabloii.Net Member
LL doesn't work with Smite (only life tap will), which is why Guillame's face has been pretty much a staple for any uber smiter (there are no other helms that offer as much power or even survivability). It's fine for killing the mobs BEFORE you get to the organ bosses (Lilith, Duriel and Izual), but it's nigh useless against any of the bosses (Lilith especially since most of her attacks are Poison based, which your Vamp will provide nearly no protection).

If it was me, I'd switch Duress for something else, possibly something that offers high resistance. CoH does nicely. It seems to me that your resistance isn't high enough to counter Uber Meph's Conviction.

Switch your HoZ on your weapon switch with a Spirit Shield, HoZ doesn't increase your BO from CtA. For the same reason, I'd replace your amulet with a Mara's Kaleidoscope, for the same reason. (in fact combat skill levels are rather moot for a Zealot).

I have never used a merc with my zealot, because he doesn't give any utility save for holy freeze and dying. I have never used Mercs for Ubers, and none of the uber guides I have seen even have it listed, so I assume it's of no importance. I built my uber zealot without touching my mercenary, and didn't notice any need for one.