Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

[Guide] The 1pt smiter guide to Uber Tristram v 1.0.

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by kingdryland, Feb 11, 2006.

1. sorcguy

sorcguy Diabloii.Net Member

What I would recommend is to go around the edge of tristram counter clockwise. Skeletons will probably start popping up on the east side of town. Don't stop and kill skeletons, just keep going north around the edge of town. When you get a chance to lock in on meph without tons of skeletons around him move in and just try to hold the attack button down. I usually have one row of reds, one of blues, and two rows of full rejuvs.

Use the full rejuvs when you get a little low prior to life tap kicking in if you aren't using a wand.

The mana pots are for when you fight baal. Don't use full rejuvs for mana because he'll probably take all your mana when he hits. The mana pots will keep filling your mana for several seconds even if he drains you completely 2-3 times.

You never have to worry about IM (iron maiden) in uber tristram, only when collecting organs.

You do have to worry about PI's(physical immunes). There are whiches and ghosts. I use gimmershread on switch and zeal with it against physical immunes.

I usually head back to town between ubers to refill pots. Make sure there aren't a bunch of monsters chasing you when you go back via the red portal. Town portals don't work in uber tristram...

Excellent job choosing equipment!

Good luck!

2. Spagge

Spagge Diabloii.Net Member

Thanks alot for the solid advice, very helpful! :thumbsup:

I don't have the time to get gimmershread atm, but I'll look for it in the future!

Thanks again :prop:

Edit: UT was a piece of cake, although I targeted pit lords for quite some time before I realised my mistake :) It went alot smoother than I thought it would

I was also wondering if it's possible to pick up several unidentified torches, has anyone tried it out?

Last edited: Mar 10, 2008
  3. Alc

Alc Diabloii.Net Member

You don't need to kill PIs if you're just running uber trist. The sooner you can save and exit after the torch has dropped and you've grabbed it, the better - less chance for connection failure. Intuitively, it might feel like quitting sooner might let the game "forget" the torch in your inventory, but in truth it's the opposite - if the game crashes after you've picked up the torch, there's a very good chance bnet won't have updated its records on your char in that time. By quiting you are forcing the game to save your inventory contents.

That said, it's worth having a means of killing PIs and IMs, and Gimmershred does ok at both. Having just picked up Azurewrath over the last couple of days, I can say without question that it's a far superior means of destroying PIs, but it takes up three times as much space as Gimmershred and IM casters are still lethal.

4. Bjam

Bjam Diabloii.Net Member

You cannot have multiple torches on a single character. It doesn't matter if they are not ID'd. The same is true for Gheeds and Annis.

5. Spagge

BTW, when you powerlvl another char from lvl 1-~90ish, is the way to do it to just kill spawns over and over again?

6. Copilot

Copilot Diabloii.Net Member

That is the only way you do do it.

http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=571733

There is the guide for uber leveling.

7. Alc

Alc Diabloii.Net Member

If you mean uber leveling, there's a guide here, just scroll down a bit. It's not a one-man job.

EDIT: snap

8. Spagge

Thanks for the help once again :)

9. paul leung

paul leung Diabloii.Net Member

with this guild,just did my very first mini uber and uber solo,easily.thx ,man.
    only die twice,once to im and other by lilith by carless.
    got a ama torch 19 20 though,guess not too for first time

10. paul leung

paul leung Diabloii.Net Member

i spawn baal and diablo same time,drop baal so fast,almost even didn't notice he was there until my mana drop zero
    eq:grief 381 ,4pdiamond pally shield,fort,back bone equiment,highlord

11. Spagge

Another question: Is it possible to have multiple organsets in stash/inventory at the same time?

12. Copilot

Copilot Diabloii.Net Member

Yes, they aren't unique charms so yes you can have multiple.

13. Stormcryer

Stormcryer Diabloii.Net Member

Shield Questions

Deleted as the topic is best as standalone

Last edited: Mar 14, 2008
  14. sorcguy

sorcguy Diabloii.Net Member

You can have all the organsets you want. You can only have one torch and one anni on any character at one time. It doesn't matter if they are identified or not.

I'm glad things went well for you. :)

15. Spagge

Got it, thanks

Yeah, me too :)

16. UberB

UberB Diabloii.Net Member

Has anyone ever tried uber trist with a Death? I can do it with my Grief pb no problem but I think a Death would significantly speed ubers up. I noticed your calculations were based on a 20 point smite and it's only 1k damage. So I downloaded Enrir's smite calculator and got 1191 average smite damage with fanat and 714 average smite damage per hit without fanat (i.e. running salvation). This is BEFORE the physical resistances of the three are factored in. In reality you will only do about 500 average smite damage to the three after resistances are taken into account. This means you will only leach about 250 hp per hit. I don't really think that's enough leech to keep you alive by itself. But I've never tried Death so if someone who has confirm whether or not they leech enough and post their gear?

17. Zathy

Zathy Diabloii.Net Member

Hi!

I see this thread is started in 2006 and I was thinking if it was still a working build today or did someone came up with something better meanwhile? I didnt have the patience to read all 225 pages of replies :)

ty!

18. RequiemDeath

RequiemDeath Diabloii.Net Member

Yes, Death has been tried and it's awesome... It works just fine...

BTW, were you talking about Life Tap, or life leech? You keep saying "leech", and I'm not sure if you know it or not, but you can't life leech from bosses, including the ubers, which is why Life Tap is such an important factor...

Zathy, we're still talking about the build, so in short, yeah, this is the fastest/cheapest build still...

*Requiem_Death

19. AnimeCraze

AnimeCraze Diabloii.Net Member

You can leech from bosses, just at some reduced rate, and not vs Meph (hell or uber). At least that's what Arreat Summit says anyways.
    I actually have a hammerdin to run them now. However, all the gear swaps and what nots for ubering are still based upon this thread. Zealot's are still a bit faster, but I am not complaining about my hammer.

20. Zathy

Zathy Diabloii.Net Member

nvm this post

Last edited: Mar 17, 2008