Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

[Guide] The 1pt smiter guide to Uber Tristram v 1.0.

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by kingdryland, Feb 11, 2006.

1. hypper

hypper Diabloii.Net Member

Nothing wrong with your damage, you will do very well.

2. Copilot

Copilot Diabloii.Net Member

Ok thanks guys thats all I needed to know, I remember something saying that the character screen was lying but I just wanted to be sure.

3. sorcguy

sorcguy Diabloii.Net Member

AHHH!! NEVER HEL A GRIEF PB!!

I have a +340 and it's still a killing machine! Have you tried it?!?!

I've done ubers and organ runs at least 10 times. I use a griz shield too.

You seem to understand what's involved. I predict you will do great.

I suggest you run salvation until meph is dead. I go around town counter clockwise on the very edge. I usually hit mephs minions on the east side of town. Keep running so you can lock in on meph without a big swarm of minions. BTW, killing the minions is pointless because they will just get re-spawned by meph. Maybe a couple here and there if they are annoying you....

4. Leether

Leether Diabloii.Net Member

I was just wondering, on your first post you said Sanctuary with an elite palladin shield is best for smiters, but wouldn't you think Phoenix is better with an elite palladin shield?

Also, what's such a big difference between Grief PB and Grief Berzerker Axe?

5. Copilot

I won't be running salv with meph, my resists are stacked, plus the 75 from treachery will be easy.

Why would you want phoenix? It basically has no resists, costs 4 HR's just to make, while sanctuary only costs 1 if you combine the mal and the 2 KO's and has 100 resists.

And as for the pb or zerker, PB grief gives you the IAS you need so you don't have to get it anywhere else.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2008
  6. RequiemDeath

RequiemDeath Diabloii.Net Member

I guess Phoenix would be okay assuming that it was made in an elite pally shield with top notch resists... It wouldn't be any different than those that choose to use Exile in that regard... However, Phoenix doesn't offer much for this build where as Exile and Sanctuary both do... Exile has the chance to cast Life Tap, and Sanctuary has crazy resists, both of which are very necessary to the build...

So, in short, if you can stack your resists elsewhere, and get no less than 30 resist all in an elite pally shield, then Phoenix should do fine... But considering what Phoenix costs, I'd just make an Exile... Same price for the most part, with exception for the need of an ethereal elite pally shield...

If you have the wealth to spare, then I'd say give it a try and tell us if it works well or not... You could always trade the Phoenix for something else if it doesn't work... ^_^

*Requiem_Death

7. Sephron

Sephron Diabloii.Net Member

Zerker also costs a fortune to repair where as PB is Indestructible.

8. Spagge

Spagge Diabloii.Net Member

Hi, Im now at lvl 80 and have filled every to-max-skill, and also 1pt in salvation.
    What other skills are good to put one or more points in? I know the guide says defiance/blessed aim but do they give passive bonuses? anyhow, Im in need of guidance :p

9. Spectrus

Spectrus Diabloii.Net Member

Defiance is a synergy for Holy Shield, so you get more defense. I'm actually not quite sure exactly what happens though, because if you cast Holy Shield, then put a point in Defiance, your defense goes up?

I dunno. But Defiance gives you a bonus to defense via Holy Shield, so "passive" in the sense that you don't have to have Defiance active. I don't recommend Blessed Aim... I don't think it's needed. Lots of weapons out there with ITD, and Smite doesn't care.

10. Spagge

Oh, yeah, I forgot about that :)

Is it a good idea to invest points in smite? Or is this build soley for zealing?

11. Spectrus

It's a zealot. The point is that you can really get away with just 1 point in smite. I've never had any problems with the single point. If you want more damage, then I guess you can raise Smite.

12. Holy Slaughter

Holy Slaughter Diabloii.Net Member

Great guide mang, I'm actually working on making one atm and plan to use the " rich gear " set up. Had a question about this setup, and i was wondering which base is recommended for fort?

13. hypper

hypper Diabloii.Net Member

No its not a good idea because you wont feel any difference, believe me. Find a way to test and you will see.

14. Spagge

Okay, Im taking your word for it :)

Im starting to give up on finding a 3os Zakarum Shield.. How much does Griswold's go for?

15. Copilot

They are pretty cheap, just check out the trading forums.

16. sorcguy

sorcguy Diabloii.Net Member

Okay, just remember, it's 60 from Fade, not 75... (LEVEL 15)

Level 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
    Resist All +% 19 27 33 38 42 45 47 50 52 54 56 57 58 60 60 62 62 63 63 64

Can you tell me what you're wearing/using? I'm using a very similar set-up to you and I don't think I hit max resist without using Salvation (which is about +85)

17. nerdly

nerdly Diabloii.Net Member

Defiance is a synergy to holy shield, and gives a nice defense bonus. Blessed aim will give a passive bonus to your attack rating.

18. Leether

I have a very important question. If I do what you told me to do and Max Zeal, Max Sacrifice, Max Fanaticism, Max Holy Shield and 1 point in prerequisites and 1 pt in salvation, then I will have 23 skill points left assuming I get to lvl 99 or 13 skill points if I just get to lvl 90.

My main attack is Zeal and Smite and I will have Fantacism aura, However I am already maxing out Sacrifice and Zeal adds 5% to sacrifice damage. So should I just invest all my other skill points in redemption because redemption gives 15% to Sacrifice damage per lvl, so I will have 3 major attacks with my palladin, Zeal, Smite and Sacrifice.

Or should I just put the rest in Defiance?

And why would I put any extra points into Blessed Aim, when my aura will be Fantasism?

Or should I just scractch sacrifice and defiance and put whatever skill points is left into Smite?

I want to know the best one.

Another question. If I am a smiter and zealer should I have 2 weapons and 2 shields. One my first weapon slot, should I have ebotd berserker axe for my zealer and a hoz and on my second weapon set, a grief pb and a hoz for my smiter, so I can switch whenever I want to?

19. Spectrus

The extra points in smite is not particularly useful. And you really won't be using sacrifice, because it mostly isn't very good. Go with the extra points in Defiance to raise the defense bonus from Holy Shield. I wouldn't raise Blessed Aim, and I definitely wouldn't raise Redemption.

I've never had a problem with Grief for Zeal. If it makes you happier to use the ebotd zerker, then do what you want. I prefer to just keep the Grief phase blade/hoz on one set, and cta/spirit in the other.

20. Leether

But isn't grief just to give attributes so smite does much more damage and helps make it useful for ubers, it doesnt do much actual attack?