Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Thats annoying (a random story)

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by Matt, Apr 4, 2005.

1. Matt

Matt IncGamers Site Pal

Thats annoying (a random story)

Thats really annoying.. I decided to do some hell andy runs. So, I go down, kill everything around her, static her, toss some orbs, she dies. The only drop worth noticing was a Gheeds... now, I've got a Gheeds, but I figure I might as well ID this one, so I drop my 39%mf one in town and go back down. Apparently, I dragged a unique tainted type thing to the portal, and it was waiting for me when I came back down... I proceed to kill it, and it dropped a rare (some elite item) and a rare ring. If only I'd had my gheeds on.... grrrrr

Oh... what else is annoying, is when people want RIDICULOUS amounts for some things (my friends list heard this one)
    So I'm hitting up the trade channels looking for 15 max jewels... someone's got a 15, and a 14 with 10%ED (good for my sword), so I offer him Pul+Lem, which is quite a bit more than 2 jewels are worth... he refuses. I also offered him stuff for them 2 nights ago, but I had to leave before we finished, though he did refuse some pretty good offers then too. I belive I offered him a Shako for 4 of them (3 15's and the 14/10ed) Which again, is more than theyre worth, he refused, and I paid I think UM for 2 15's.

God I hate trading... I always overpay because I get REALLY bored and impatient sitting in channels. Oh well, I end up with what I want, its just annoying when I go to overpay, and they still wont accept my offer.

-Matt

2. Christor

Christor IncGamers Member

Heh, I thought you stopped playing? ;)

I got completely fed up with trading back when I played, so I just stopped doing it. I can imagine how much worse it is now.

Oh, and I know exactly how you feel when it comes to "if I just had a little bit more mf..." syndrome. I've seen enough rare shakos drop to understand that annoyance. :p

3. Matt

Matt IncGamers Site Pal

Yeah, I did, but I stopped because I was bored, not because I played 6 hours a day and needed to quit or something, I didnt try to make myself not play, I just sorta stopped playing. Now that I've been gone a while, its not boring, and I'll play till it is :)

Yeah, finding rare shakos and monarchs and whatnot (or the dimensional shard I found in the ancient tunnels yesterday) is bad enough, but when you not 5 seconds ago dropped a 39% gheeds in town... ahh, thats annoying :)

Nice to see you around again Christor!

-Matt

4. MoUsE_WiZ

MoUsE_WiZ IncGamers Member

Think of it like this:
    If you hadn't taken the trip to town to drop your gheed's that monster wouldn't have died in the same spot at the same time that it did. Bonefarming implied heavily that the spot a monster dies in is factored into the drop calculation, and time might be as well for all we know.

As such rather than thinking like "o noez!!! I just lost teh ring of jodan!!1" think more positively, along the lines of "yay! that trip to town got me a chance at a good rare ring!"
    I assume you wouldn't have been posting if the ring had turned out good, but a chance at a good rare is better than no chance.

5. Palm

Palm IncGamers Member

I always get bored too then come back.

6. sonikki_

sonikki_ IncGamers Member

Atleast in europe, 15 max jools are worth mucho. I believe you could easily get ist for like 4 of em

7. ADSL

ADSL IncGamers Member

I get mine for a pul each.

8. sonikki_

sonikki_ IncGamers Member

i never buy em. i recall selling er for ist/4x or so.