Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

That sound you hear is the Democratic party bursting into flames d

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by MatMan, Apr 6, 2004.

1. MatMan

MatMan IncGamers Member

That sound you hear is the Democratic party bursting into flames

US business confidence at 20-year high.
    Further proof that Bush will win the economy vote in November.

Richard Clarke's recent statements undercut by Clinton report.
    Current kangaroo court slowly but surely being exposed for what it is.

Yet another desperate attack from Stewed Kennedy.
    I can't believe the Democratic party hasn't put a muzzle on this guy yet. Every time he opens his mouth, something ridiculous comes out. He's turned into the Dems' Jesse Helms. Thanks goodness most of the Republicans' embarrassments have died of old age. Heh.

2. Anakha1

Anakha1 Banned

Except for the, uh... president. :rolleyes:

3. maccool

maccool IncGamers Member

You mean the Sept. 11, 2001 commission? The one hand chosen by Bush? Why must you use an ad hom attack against a panel set up by our administration?

As for the economy, I'll share a secret with you, but you have to promise not to tell. Ready?

The economy has nothing to do with this president; in fact, I don't reckon there are more than a handful of presidents who have actually affected the economy. Bush wasn't at fault for the economy tanking and he can't take credit for the recovery - though the typical, drone voter may think so. However, the economic policies put in place by this administration ensure that, without proper spending cuts and/or additional revenue, we will be boned in the future.

4. llad12

llad12 IncGamers Member

Polls, polls, polls ... how about this findings of this one :

http://people-press.org/reports/display.php3?ReportID=210

Take it all with a grain of salt and wait for the November election results like everyone else.

5. Freemason

Freemason Banned

Don't forget the accusations of voter fraud by Democrats in Democrat run districts!

6. tydon

tydon IncGamers Member

I really think the Republicans have done nothing to win this election, to the contrary actually, however bad a president Bush has been though, the Democrats have managed to do something or say something worse. If the Democrats could just keep their traps shut, and wait until the election, then maybe they would win, but if they keep getting in trouble and bashing bush this early, people are just going to ignore them around election time.

7. MithrandirX

MithrandirX IncGamers Member

I agree. The dems have so concentrated on Bush-bashing that they have neglected to put forth any real ideas or positions. If you don't believe me, just read Kerry's website! Like most campaign sites (including GWB's, by the way) it's just a bunch of meaningless platitudes. Their decision to make the election a referendum on Bush, and not an ideological debate will come back to bite them, I think. They did the same thing in 2002 and were SLAUGHTERED at the mid term elections. You would think they would have learned their lesson.

Oh well, guess we'll have to wait and see.

Mith

8. MatMan

MatMan IncGamers Member

You're absolutely correct. But I wasn't trying to give Bush credit for the improving economy...simply demonstrating that the Democratic party has one less issue to run on. And you're also right about typical drone voters...the GOP will use the economy as an issue for the same reasons the Dems want too...because it's a campaign slogan that works. "I rebuilt this economy!" and "He ruined this economy!" are both meaningless as far as presidential campaigns are concerned. But they're convincing to the average voter. Unfortunately.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot:
    Again, I wasn't trying to defend the current administration's stance on terror. I was labelling the "investigation" for what it is: an opportunity for both parties to grandstand in an election year. The Dems asked for the panel so they could bash Bush; The GOP agreed so it could publicise it's own political agenda.

And a statement isn't "ad hominem" if it's an accurate description of an event or motive. Ad hom refers to an attack on a person's character, background or other irrelevant information when that person's stance on an issue is inarguable. The 9/11 panel is a publicity circus for both sides, and nothing more.

And Richard Clarke is lying to sell more books. (That's not ad hom either.)

9. Bakerking31

Bakerking31 IncGamers Member

but war does have to do with the president, and it has been shown that war boosts the economy because of increased government spending, so in effect president bush has effected the economy :drink:

10. maccool

maccool IncGamers Member

Good call Matman. I couldn't think of the appropriate term so I copped out and used ad hom. Boo on me.

Oh well, at least the voters will be fooled.

11. SuggestiveName

SuggestiveName IncGamers Member

No, I think that sound is MatMan posting another pro-Bush thread with a over-exagerated title.

12. IDupedInMyPants

IDupedInMyPants Banned

You're right, that's not an ad hom, that's a begging the question.

Premise: Richard Clarke is lying to sell more books
    Conclusion: Richard Clarke is lying to sell more books

13. SaroDarksbane

SaroDarksbane IncGamers Site Pal

Great!

One down, one to go, hehe.