That hurt or how can anybody survive that?

quintrix

Diabloii.Net Member
That hurt or how can anybody survive that?

I wanted to make a cleansweep of the Quests in NM before I moved on to hell. So I wanted to see how though Nihlathak really was. So I take the WP down to lvl 2 and fight my way to the stairs without any problems.

I go down the stairs and take two steps and BAM - My merc is dead I have have like 10 hp left. To my luck I attack the monsters when I moved so my zeal took care of the monsters (Claw Vipers) and I leeched some life back.
But d*** that was close.

How much poison damage do those Vipers deal. My merc has 1200hp og 75res all and I have 900hp and 75res all. It was all gone in a second. That is a lot of damage. Something like 4000 per second. Who could live through that.

My char is a lvl 71 Zealot Paladin and I have an act2 Holy Freeze Merc
 

STINGER

Diabloii.Net Member
Well those guys are there to kill you, plain and simple!

There are some things that you really shouldnt try solo or without some life boosting things like druids or barbs if you want to give yourself a good chance to live.

I did Nith in Hell on all my characters but two so far, and had Bo each time. So far I only finished him with a full team once, the rest of the times everyone gave up! i continued with bo but would of left if it ran out before finishing as those vipers are just nasty bastards regardless of your build or gear.
 

TheDarkSide

Clan Officer - US East Hardcore
I came across a rather nasty pack of conviction enchanted gloams in NM plains of despair the other day . Needless to say - 80 + resists on my lvl 48 Zealot was not enuff to avoid the deeds screen ...
 

lfd

Diabloii.Net Member
quintrix said:
How much poison damage do those Vipers deal. My merc has 1200hp og 75res all and I have 900hp and 75res all. It was all gone in a second. That is a lot of damage. Something like 4000 per second. Who could live through that.
There's been discussion of the poison-javelin-throwing vipers on other forums; concensus appears to be that these guys, like the gloams, are bugged and actually do their physical melee damage with each frame of the poison attack that strikes you. Which, er, hurts a lot. ;-)
 

Duffman

Diabloii.Net Member
I got my level 70 Fishymancer killed off by a boss pack of the poison vipers down at Nihlathak's. I hit one of those boss urns and POW I'm dead. I didn't even have time to react. I had about 1000 hp and around 65% poison resist.
 

nebby

Diabloii.Net Member
same story

I lost my trapsin to that same thing, earlier on in 1.10. I thought: my trappers got near max DS, the CE shouldn't be a problem. I'll never know, since as soon as I stepped onto the level, there they were. Deeds before I knew what even happened. I don't remember her resists, but they were pretty near, if not maxed, due to a high level fade- which has inherent DR, IIRC. Also was wearing SoE, and had pretty reasonable claw-block level. Of course, none of it matters when it don't work....

And here I thought I was the only one stupid enough to go down and play with Nihli. Ever since that one, I keep a healthy distance from those stairs down to level 3...screw that noise. Hey Anya, babe. He doesn't have the relic anyway. And you can keep your stupid little naming trick. Bah.
 

Omikron8

Diabloii.Net Member
Duffman said:
I got my level 70 Fishymancer killed off by a boss pack of the poison vipers down at Nihlathak's. I hit one of those boss urns and POW I'm dead. I didn't even have time to react. I had about 1000 hp and around 65% poison resist.
The killing power of the tomb vipers (poison version of claw vipers) makes moon lords look like quill rats. They seem to do thousands of points of poison damage with each poison glob but the poison rate seems to be accelerated to some insane rate, resulting in losses of 1k or more HP in a fraction of a second.
 

det

Diabloii.Net Member
nebby said:
And here I thought I was the only one stupid enough to go down and play with Nihli. Ever since that one, I keep a healthy distance from those stairs down to level 3...screw that noise. Hey Anya, babe. He doesn't have the relic anyway. And you can keep your stupid little naming trick. Bah.
:lol: Good one...

Yeah, it was down there where KTA lost his Necromancer in Hell to exactly one of those guys. ! Hit, 3/4 life, next hit deeds. Sorcs panicked and tp'ed to town. A wonder that nobody else died. That was in a 7 ppl party with BO and Oak on, but since we played with only the items we found, nobody had any DR or even maxed res.

Call that game not Diablo, but "GLOAMS" "DOLLS" or "PIT-VIPERS".
 

Syxx

Diabloii.Net Member
Hi,

Yup Det, toasted my cookies in the blink of an eye... those %&¤@$ vipers :)

Regards Syxx
 

strijdje

Diabloii.Net Member
i swapped a venow grip on instead of my LoH and those did the trick just fine for my zealot.. 85% poison res and maxed DR helps alot.. but yeah, theyare quite nast, srry too hear about the deaths guys
 
Top