Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Thanksgiving in Diablo 3?

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by Flux, Nov 26, 2014.

1. Flux

Flux Administrator

Flux Submitted a news story

Thanksgiving in Diablo 3?

[​IMG]The Thanksgiving holiday is tomorrow in the US, and while our traditional celebrations include gluttony in food, televised gladiatorial violence, and commerce (making it the most American of holidays).

Littered amongst those main courses is a bit of introspection or reflection (both very un-American traits) and people sometimes take a moment to think what they have to be thankful for this year. (This part of the ceremony is especially amusing to apply towards spoiled children, who will look up from stuffing a second slice of pie into their face and insist they've got nothing to be thankful for since Daddy wouldn't buy them the newest iPhone.) Assuming those of you reading this aren't quite as spoiled as that... what do we have to be thankful for this year in the realm of Diablo 3?

For me, the game is vastly improved over where it was at launch, we've got regular new content patches, the PTR is in swing with a community buff worthy of any T-Day gluttony, Jay Wilson and Bashiok live on only in jokes and rueful memories, and there's hope for the next expansion announcement coming in the new year.

What do you guys feel thankful for in regards to Diablo 3 or the overall Diablo community? Or will you live up to the true spirit of the Internet, and be thankful only for a fresh opportunity to offer complaints and negativity?
    Continue reading the Original Story

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2014
  2. Raventiger

Raventiger IncGamers Site Pal

I'm thankful for all the improvements in the game. The new items, the class improvements. Mostly I'm thankful for all the fun and enjoyment I have playing the game.

3. DemonScumby

DemonScumby IncGamers Member

Well now that I think about it, I do have plenty I am thankful for in the past year of Diablo 3. Like you said, the game has improved a lot, as so have I as a player. I am thankful for all the new friends I have made. One particular that has stuck by my side for quite some time now. Most have come and gone. I see a lot of that. We had quite the clan there for a while, now we are the only 2 that seem to log in. (We will be branching off and making our own). I am thankful that the devs seem to actually want to give us new content and make adjustments accordingly. I am thankful for the Diablo Inc Podcast, as it is my remedy for boredom. I have a lot of Diablo plans set for the next year, so thank all of you for being such a kickass group of people!

4. MegaKurono

MegaKurono IncGamers Member

I am thankful that the game has evolved radically and most importantly, that the Diablo team is INCREDIBLY patient with the constant whining and complaining, and instead seek to turn the negative to positive.
    I appreciate that they actively seek to incorporate our feedback into the system in the best possible way without breaking it (which would it it was left only to our feedback).
    I am also grateful that there have been several community buffs throughout the year.
    I would like to thank the team for bringing back the franchise to the consoles since it is a huge effort all in itself.

5. Katniss

Katniss IncGamers Member

Thankful for Reaper of Souls. It's a clear marker of when things started to change for the better and it also introduced my favorite class, the Crusader. :)

6. altermaven

altermaven IncGamers Member

I'm thankful for the changes leading up to Reaper of Souls that snared my interest in the game again. Seriously, Loot 2.0 was what really got me interested in Diablo 3 again.

7. Mithron

Mithron IncGamers Member

I'm thankful for Adventure Mode and Rifts. No more quest farming! I'm thankful for Loot 2.0 and no more trading. Actually self finding good gear!

But I miss attack speed builds and generating resource through primaries. I hate this cool down reduction meta; CDR builds are boring to me. Don't want them nerfed, just want attack speed and primary resource generation buffed.

8. Felis

Felis IncGamers Member

I'm thankful for the seasons or, to be more accurate, for the small content patches that come with them. Even if it's a few new items, new tile set or new monster it's always something exciting to look for.
    It goes without saying that I'm grateful for all the improvements since the D3V launch.

9. Haywire

Haywire IncGamers Member

I am thankful for one turkey out of the oven and one ready for the fryer. Ready to feast and turn in early. Happy Thanksgiving one and all. Also happy for my new comp for D3.