Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

thanks b-net :(

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by muteownz, Feb 3, 2004.

1. muteownz

muteownz IncGamers Member

thanks b-net :(

i was moving to a new house. i just got back on diablo after not playing for a week.. i decided to do some mf runs and on my 2nd run a 191ed skullders drops i'm like yes!! and the game starts laggin i'm like oh crap i saved the game exited... i couldnt join any games. logged off.. came back in about 10 mins i got back on to check my score AND IT WAS GONE! omg why did this happen? why did the games just shut off like that? i'm not the only one that go screwed i heard people saying the lost stuff x'fering.. what is up with that? so much for a good score. *sigh* could of been worse tho. but still. anyone else get shafted? :(

2. Shadow_247

Shadow_247 IncGamers Member

Technically the game never saved it in your inventory, so the best way to see this situation is nothing gained, nothing lost. BNET has it's problems, but honestly, what can you expect when you pay nothing for the service?

3. Caveman Basser

Caveman Basser IncGamers Member

That has happened to me before. I usually try to get back to town if I am in danger and wait out the lag but if you get dropped all bets are off. If your in town it's best to stay put and wait. Sorry about your loss it's frustrating but part of the game..

4. muteownz

muteownz IncGamers Member

well its not that great of a loss i guess. BUT it doesnt make sence.. i had it for a while.. at least 2 minutes... i found it.. i went threw the tp i looked at it put it in my invitory i'm like hmmm should i id it.. i was like ok i'll id it. i'm like cool 191ED i can get something decent for it.. i start feeling lagg so i press ESC saved and exited.. YET STILL i lost my stuff? wtf... that doesnt make sence. someone said the game saves every 5 seconds. i guess not. kinda a tease tho. i had it. i saw it. i ided it. i saved the game. but nope. and ur right it is free. cus of crap like this that happens. :)

5. Jomero

Jomero IncGamers Member

What really sucks is when BNet decides to do a rollback of characters of about 4 hours. To some people, they may not notice it. Others, may lose a very nice chunk of levels/items that they gained during that time. :(

Good thing it doesn't seem to happen often.

6. gods_pawn

gods_pawn Banned

sounds like a rollback to me. sometimes when you do things and start desynching from the server, you can kill stuff, find items, and even LEVEL (de-leveled from this once) and then all of a sudden a massive lag attack comes on. this almost always ends in "connection interupted" and then sometimes even a "realm down". after this, whatever you did while you started desynching doesn't get saved on the server, only locally so it LOOKS like you're doing it, yet it doesn't happen on b.net, which is what really counts. :/ sorry about your loss - i'd be ticked too.

7. Sam74

Sam74 IncGamers Member

Yeah, just happened to me on useast non-ladder.