Thank you Scotty!

ffejrxx

Diabloii.Net Member
neat, next we need transporter and wrap engines

if we have the ability to transport do we need engies at all?
(build a transporter and just transport yourself and the transporter)

ffejrxx

Diabloii.Net Member
im sure id put ups out of business if it absolutley has to get there in the next several miliseconds

it would also make the space shuttle almost useless if you could just beam your new satellite into orbit

Dondrei

Diabloii.Net Member
How do we know he didn't invent the thing? Ah, temporal loops in movies, wonderful stuff.

Why? So you can be de-materialized into nothingness and some guy who looks and thinks like you will come out the other side and live your life?

No thank you. ^_^
What are you, a philosophy major? Get back in the dole queue!

Stoutwood

Diabloii.Net Member
Star Trek and Terminator never were able to make up their minds as to how time travel is supposed to work.

Actually normal aluminum is transparent under the right conditions, it works with quantum tunneling to make the light particles go through the metal.

Pretty neat stuff.

Yaboosh

Diabloii.Net Member
I have some sort of clear aluminum. I think my girlfriend calls it Seran Wrap or something? I dunno, I don't know what is so special about the stuff.

Dondrei

Diabloii.Net Member
I'd love to have majored in Philosophy, but unfortunately, it's not a very practical degree. :laugh:
I never wanted to do a philosophy major for the same reason a lot of computer whizzes don't want to do an I.T. degree. And also because of the whole latte-sipping, poetry-quoting, no-job-having thing.

BlueDogAnchorite

Diabloii.Net Member
In a June 2004demonstration, an ALONtm test pieces held up to both a .30 caliber Russian M-44 sniper rifle and a .50 caliber Browning Sniper Rifle with armor piercing bullets. While the bullets pierced the glass samples, the armor withstood the impact with no penetration.

Sweet.

Unchosen

Diabloii.Net Member
I never wanted to do a philosophy major for the same reason a lot of computer whizzes don't want to do an I.T. degree. And also because of the whole latte-sipping, poetry-quoting, no-job-having thing.
Goddamn it. I'm doing a double major in Philosophy and I.T.....