Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Thank you for all the work!

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by In the name of Zod, May 8, 2008.

1. In the name of Zod

In the name of Zod IncGamers Member

Thank you for all the work!

Wow, been perusing the new DiabloWiki here and I've got to say what a fantastic place to gather those hidden specs you've been looking for. Although Arreat Summit is still great they're just don't have the same depth.

To get to the point, In case you haven't noticed there's a whole lot of new information on monsters over there at http://www.diabloii.net/wiki and I was quite to suprised to see that they've add 'Rune Drops' in the monster tables. :astonished: Not too sure if every monster does but here's a quick example of what I'm talking about http://www.diabloii.net/wiki/Baboon_Demon

I'm sure that there's a lot more to discuss about the wiki but I thought It'd be a good opportunity to give everyone an opportunity to say thanks to the people who've done all this work.

THANK YOU! It's appreciated -A LOT- :flowers:

2. Flux

Flux Administrator

Re: Thank you for all the work!

Thanks. I'm partial to the monster spell damage info, myself. Took quite a while to sort it out and form it into tables, so appreciate it as you see fit. There will be tons more detailed techy stuff coming, most of it taken from various posts on these forums, thanks to the great work people have done extracting it from the game.

3. Crowd Control

Crowd Control Banned

Well the move to make it a Wiki was a very smart one indeed. Alot of information can now be gathered there that was incomplete or scattered at the Strategy Compendium and Arreat Summit. Now if only some Skill Calculators and LCS alternatives were included we'd never have to switch sites. I have my hopes up in any case.

edit: ooooh that's gooooooooood. Muchas complimentas on that, you're starting to beat the Arreat Summit now.

4. TurbulentTurtle

TurbulentTurtle IncGamers Member

I usually use Arreat Summit for the item database, but this is starting to get a lot more easy to use, and we don't have the separation between the normal/exceptional/unique grade items, so that's a lot more helpful when comparing stats.

5. AnimeCraze

AnimeCraze IncGamers Member

Wow, this would be a nice addition indeed.

P.S. Got some formatting issue of the Oblivion Knight entry fixed. Also, is the entry on OK's bone armor a mistake? Only Abyss Knights cast it, IIRC.

6. Flux

Flux Administrator

Bone armor is listed for both types in the game stats. it's often hard to tell if something is enabled in the game or not, though. hence all the monster types listed on bliz's site that dont' actually spawn, their listing of blocking values for every monster in the game (when only a few non-act bosses have blocking enabled), etc. have you ever just stood there and watched an OK for a while, to see if they do cast it? It might only be situational; if they've lost some hps, etc. they clearly don't fire it up in advance the way Abyss do, at least.

7. Psyrus

Psyrus IncGamers Member

Oblivion Knights do not cast bone armor. The most they do defense-wise is cast decrepify and run away depending on its proximity to another character and/or its mercenary or minion.

The Wiki is indeed growing, but still needs a lot of work, namely the Act Bosses and Superuniques entries which immediately caught my eye. Some entries are misplaced or are completely missing. I would attempt to fix these if I knew exactly what I was doing.

I'll admit that I've never worked on a wiki before, but it looks simple enough to fix.

8. Orphan

Orphan IncGamers Member

That's correct. Oblivion Knights do not use Skill 2 (Bone Armor) and Skill 5 (Bestow). Their AI isn't configured to use them.

9. Crowd Control

Crowd Control Banned

Bestow is a skill? What does it do?

10. Psyrus

Psyrus IncGamers Member

It's a healing skill according to Arreat Summit, probably similar to that of the Zakarum Priests and the Council Members.

11. BobCox2

BobCox2 IncGamers Member

Rune Drop Link shows :
    You've followed a link to a page that doesn't exist yet. To create the page, start typing in the box below (see the help page for more info). If you are here by mistake, just click your browser's back button.

12. Flux

Flux Administrator