Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

th5418's USWest Ladder Party Thread

Discussion in 'Player Matchup' started by Dredd, Jan 28, 2004.

1. Dredd

Dredd D3 Off Topic Moderator

th5418's USWest Ladder Party Thread

th5418 - Necromancer (Zookeeper) *th5418
    Oranite - Druid (Werebear) *Oranite *Orangwhoit
    dop_obo - Barbarian (?) *dop_obo *dop_obo5
    Dredd - Assassin (Trapsin) *Planewalker03
    calgary's_finest - Paladin (Hammerdin) *beerj-69
    SilentScream666 - Amazon (Bowazon)
    frozenmagic - Sorceress (pure cold) *frozenmagic9
    aznanarchy6969 - Sorceress (Lit/Cold)

Channel: op th5418
    Play Time: 7-10pm PST

Hey guys, something happened to dii.net while I was sleeping and many of the threads on all the forums seem to have been lost. This is our new thread. Unfortunately, my notes for the ladder party are a bit outdated as you can see.

I would be grateful if everyone would check their information on the list and post if I made any mistakes. SilentScream666 and aznanarchy6969, I'm sorry but I never had a chance to take down your account names, could you post them please?

Unfortunately I'm on a little vacation from the game right now while I take care of some personal business. I've always got an eye on the forums though so you guys can count on me to keep everything all nice and organized. :)

2. aznanarchy6969

aznanarchy6969 IncGamers Member

I was wondering when I checked into the forums where our thread had gone. My account names are *aznanarchy and *aznanarchy3. By the way, I thought I was going for a fire sorc. I can build a lit/cold sorc if you guys want me to.

3. SilentScream666

SilentScream666 IncGamers Member

*SilentScream666

4. Dredd

Thanks for the prompt posts guys, I've got it all written down now. :)

Aznanarchy, no you don't have to make a lit/cold sorc, that was a mistake on my part. I was trying to recreate the changes to our ladder list from memory. Pure fire sorc is perfectly fine.

5. aznanarchy6969

Hey guys, my internet has been bugged lately so I'm getting it fixed. I might not be on Diablo 2 for a little while, but I'll check back on this thread from time to time.

6. dop_obo

dop_obo IncGamers Member

Well, losing their database sure cleaned up our thread nicely anyway. :p

Update: Silent and I are still going strong with our new characters. Finished act 3 last night at around level 26ish, going to start act 4 tonight. Duriel was tough, even using battle cry on him; everything else went pretty smoothly, except the odd time we got ganged up on. We're both starting to feel the pain of playing untwinked though...monsters are getting tougher, whereas our damage and defense isn't getting better fast enough. Just having a barb and a javazon isn't the best party, but we're getting along...have to start gambling for better gear soon though. Silent traded his act 2 merc in for an act 3 cold merc, that helped a lot...might do that myself tonight. Having a blast playing the game 'properly' though.

Dredd: found a 3 socket aegis if you still need it, /w me next time you get on bnet.

Have fun all!

7. Dredd

Thanks for the aegis, dop. My werewolf just needs a few more levels and he'll be considered 'done'! And good lord, you guys are in A4 all ready? Lol, I'm not sure if I can catch up to that or not. :p

I'm going to put together another roll call for sometime next week to make sure we're all still in this. Not sure on the day yet but it will probably be after Tuesday. I remember from our last thread that frozenmagic said he had yet to meet everybody, so I hope everyone can make it. :)

8. Oranite

Oranite IncGamers Member

Are you guys starting does new characters from scratch i.e. {not having them be affected by an outer scource giving them good items or any help ?}

9. Oranite

Oranite IncGamers Member

th5418 - Necromancer (Zookeeper) *th5418
    Oranite - Druid (Werebear) *Oranite *Orangwhoit
    dop_obo - Barbarian (?) *dop_obo *dop_obo5
    Dredd - Assassin (Trapsin) *Planewalker03
    calgary's_finest - Paladin (Hammerdin) *beerj-69
    SilentScream666 - Amazon (Bowazon) *silentscream666
    frozenmagic - Sorceress (pure cold) *frozenmagic9
    aznanarchy6969 - Sorceress (fire)

10. dop_obo

dop_obo IncGamers Member

Oranite: we jumped to our finished characters to help my friend Skepsis catch up to us. She's going to level up today, and join us in act 4 this evening....hopefully you can do the same, as we could really use your necro in the party. Either way, we're going to continue on tonight (no set time, but around 6-7pst). By the way, I saw your /w to me, but by the time we cleared the area and I could stop to /w you back, you'd logged off. See you all tonight!

11. morkahn

morkahn IncGamers Member

Hi I was reading through posts and saw that you folks are in my time zone...I ply hc ladder and am looking for some peeps to do some gaming with....Do you guys play Hc ladder..if so do you have a usual time?...I would be interested in some non pub team gaming.

Morkahn

12. aznanarchy6969

Sorry morkahn, but I think we're doing softcore ladder next season. Some of us might have hardcore characters to play with (I personally don't). I think there's some other threads out there with West Coast HC people.

13. Dredd

Hey morkahn. Yeah, we're all softies here I'm afraid; otherwise you'd be welcome to play with us any time. If you're looking for some HC partners, start a thread. There are plenty of people out there who'd love to hook up with you. :)

14. aznanarchy6969

I was wondering about my fire sorc and I definately know that I'm going to use Fireball as an attack. I can't figure out if I'm going to use Meteor or Hydra. Meteor is good against bosses and all but Hydra requires less synenergies and with the preqrequisite of enchant, that means I can enchant our tanks. Also, our tanks might kill all the monsters before meteor has a chance to fall. :(

15. Dredd

Well, it's a tough choice. Meteor is absolutely awesome when you have tanks who can keep the monsters in one spot while you cast. It's an expensive skill to maximize with all the synergies and such, but for group play it's definately worth it. Saves the tanks a few potions too. :)

I used Hydra extensively in 1.09. It's a great skill to have while soloing and dealing with scary boss packs (like the now defunct MSLEs). Hide and spam it as fast as you can around a corner, then just sit back and wait. :D
    The damage is crap though in a high count game -- takes forever to kill anything, so it's not the greatest party skill in the world. They also have an annoying tendancy to "wake up" inactive monsters from off-screen too. Hydras have a good ROF but when their shots are spread thinly across a dozen different monsters, they'll barely do any damage.

16. th5418

th5418 Banned

*twitches* Im back!!! WHoo! Thx gaile if you read this. Ill be a good little kid now.

17. Dredd

It's FEARLESS LEADER!

/me salutes th5418

Welcome back! :clap:

18. dop_obo

dop_obo IncGamers Member

welcome back th5418!

19. aznanarchy6969

Blarg, I would've said welcome back before anybody, but my internet shut down for some time, and I forgot. That being said, Welcome Back th5418

20. calgarys_finest

calgarys_finest IncGamers Member

my bro said it would be kinda cool if we put somthing in front of our new names kinda like a clan.... like th- or somthing