Testladin question

amishamigo

Diabloii.Net Member
Testladin question

I started a testladin a week or so ago. (holyshock/zeal) And he is currently level 40. So far he's exceeded all of my expectations. I can drop normal baal like a fly and can easily kill nightmare mephisto.

Unfortunately, I'll soon have both holy shock and resist lightning maxed. From there I'm not sure if I should max salvation (holyshock's third synergy) or go with sacrafice for the zeal damage on the physical side. I don't use conc/fanat at all, but I am considering a might mercinary. My end of game weapon will either be a Bstar, a Lightsabre, or a Crescent Moon phase blade depending on which one I can get. If I want to maximize my effectiveness in hell, which should I max out- salvation or sacrafice?


About two seconds after I posted this, I found a grand scepter with 238 ED, 30 IAS, and plus two to holy shock. It's natural level req is 39. Can anyone tell me what the req would be if I upgraded it to exceptional?
 
amishamigo said:
I started a testladin a week or so ago. (holyshock/zeal) And he is currently level 40. So far he's exceeded all of my expectations. I can drop normal baal like a fly and can easily kill nightmare mephisto.

Unfortunately, I'll soon have both holy shock and resist lightning maxed. From there I'm not sure if I should max salvation (holyshock's third synergy) or go with sacrafice for the zeal damage on the physical side. I don't use conc/fanat at all, but I am considering a might mercinary. My end of game weapon will either be a Bstar, a Lightsabre, or a Crescent Moon phase blade depending on which one I can get. If I want to maximize my effectiveness in hell, which should I max out- salvation or sacrafice?


About two seconds after I posted this, I found a grand scepter with 238 ED, 30 IAS, and plus two to holy shock. It's natural level req is 39. Can anyone tell me what the req would be if I upgraded it to exceptional?
Max salvation.. it gives bonus max resist. That way my tesladin has 90 all resist now without GA. If i encounter LI i just change to smite and bash away until they all die tho it takes long it's fun
 

Ossar

Diabloii.Net Member
Salvation doesn't give bonus to max resist! Or? Isn't it only cold, fire, light resist aura that does?
 

amishamigo

Diabloii.Net Member
Ossar said:
Salvation doesn't give bonus to max resist! Or? Isn't it only cold, fire, light resist aura that does?
That's what I thought. And besides, I'll have 75/75/85/75 resist in hell easy, the salvation's resists aren't part of the equasion for me. I wanna know if it'd be worth maxing out sacrafice for the extra leech, or if I'm better off sticking with holy shock's synergies.

What about using holy freeze, what kind of damage does that aura get?
 

Any1

Banned
Where is Wurmer? This is his department. ;-)

There are at least three ways to go. One is to concentrate on more defense and leave your physical damage on the low side:

Zeal: 5-20
Holy Shock: 20
Light Resist: 20
Salvation: 20
Holy Shield: 20
Go with a Defiance Merc.

The second way is to boost physical damage and leech, at the expense of defense:

Zeal: 20
Sacrifice: 20
Holy Shock: 20
Light Resist: 20
Salvation: 20
Go with a Might Merc. Use Guardian Angel and a shield of "deflecting" to get max blocking.

The third way is sort of a hybrid, with some physical damage and defense:

Zeal: 5-20
Sacrifice: 20
Holy Shock: 20
Light Resist: 20
Holy Shield: Rest
Might or Defiance merc.

Your Grand Scepter will become a Holy Water Sprinkler (str: 76, Dex: none, clvl: 25). The next upgrade will be a Seraph Rod (str: 108, Dex: 69, clvl: 57). The only proble being that this weapon has a WSm of 10, meaning it will be a little slow even with 30% IAS.
 

amishamigo

Diabloii.Net Member
Any1 said:
Where is Wurmer? This is his department. ;-)

There are at least three ways to go. One is to concentrate on more defense and leave your physical damage on the low side:

Zeal: 5-20
Holy Shock: 20
Light Resist: 20
Salvation: 20
Holy Shield: 20
Go with a Defiance Merc.

The second way is to boost physical damage and leech, at the expense of defense:

Zeal: 20
Sacrifice: 20
Holy Shock: 20
Light Resist: 20
Salvation: 20
Go with a Might Merc. Use Guardian Angel and a shield of "deflecting" to get max blocking.

The third way is sort of a hybrid, with some physical damage and defense:

Zeal: 5-20
Sacrifice: 20
Holy Shock: 20
Light Resist: 20
Holy Shield: Rest
Might or Defiance merc.

Your Grand Scepter will become a Holy Water Sprinkler (str: 76, Dex: none, clvl: 25). The next upgrade will be a Seraph Rod (str: 108, Dex: 69, clvl: 57). The only proble being that this weapon has a WSm of 10, meaning it will be a little slow even with 30% IAS.
Well I'm also using death's gloves/belt for another 30 ias. That seems to give me a decent speed, and I'll get another ten once I get my stealskull.

Assuming the best shield I'll be able to get is a low ed herald, would a high level of holy shield be worthwhile? 700 extra defense doesnt' seem like all that much to me.

And is there any way to tell what the level req on the upgraded scepter is? (exceptional)
 

eatbeef

Diabloii.Net Member
Zeal: 5
Salvation: 20
Holy Shock: 20
Holy freeze: 20
Light Resist: 20
Holy Shield: Rest
Might or Defiance merc

My fav.
 

Dire_Wulf

Diabloii.Net Member
You will absolutly need ITD if you plan on venturing into hell. My build that is working very very well is:

20 Resist Light
20 Holy Shock
4 Zeal
20 Sacrifice
10 Holy Shield
Prerequisites
Might Merc

If you are going to make a crescent moon... dont get a phase. Make either a zerker axe or a war pick. This lends its self to a much greater degree of success vs' lightning immunes and gives you greater leech.

I put 10 points into holy shield only to get max block. I deal with defence in other "secret" ways.

If you can afford it use beast runeword.
 

Any1

Banned
amishamigo said:
Assuming the best shield I'll be able to get is a low ed herald, would a high level of holy shield be worthwhile? 700 extra defense doesnt' seem like all that much to me.

And is there any way to tell what the level req on the upgraded scepter is? (exceptional)
Well, obviously if you go the defense route you'll need to pick up a higher defense shield.

The clvl requirement on a Holy Water Sprinkler is only 25. The prefix and suffix requirements do not increase with an exceptional or elite version. Whatever the current clvl requirements on the weapon are, will probably stay the same through the upgrade.
 

amishamigo

Diabloii.Net Member
Any1 said:
Well, obviously if you go the defense route you'll need to pick up a higher defense shield.

The clvl requirement on a Holy Water Sprinkler is only 25. The prefix and suffix requirements do not increase with an exceptional or elite version. Whatever the current clvl requirements on the weapon are, will probably stay the same through the upgrade.
Wonderful, thank you so much, that's exactly what I needed to know.

Methinks I'll go for sacrafice.

Yeah, I plan to have ITD, which is why i'm looking at, as my weapon choices, lightsabre, CMPB, or Bstar (If I use angelic ammy/rings for the ar bonus, is it calculated in the 300% ar bonus?)

About the zerker axe, remember I'm not using fanaticism at all. How much IAS would it take to get that axe to a 5 frame zeal?

Wouldn't resist cold give much higher returns on the holy freeze damage? And is pumping holy fire/resist fire any good if I use some sort of exploding bow? How much damage can I expect the holy fire to get? (enough to be effective?)

Pardon the questions, just trying to figure this out :)


Edit: I just upgraded the scepter and it's level req is 44... I'm currently 43.... time to go punch some nightmare zombies :D
 

goldenfrog

Diabloii.Net Member
Zeal with zerker and no fan needs 65IAS for 5 frames


amishamigo said:
About the zerker axe, remember I'm not using fanaticism at all. How much IAS would it take to get that axe to a 5 frame zeal?
 

amishamigo

Diabloii.Net Member
goldenfrog said:
Zeal with zerker and no fan needs 65IAS for 5 frames
If I used a warspike instead of a zerker, how much ias would I need for 4 frames? (I currently have 30 (death's sash/gloves) + 20 from crescent moon)

Also where is the ias calculator ><
 

SPIDERfrank

Diabloii.Net Member
Yo, what I did w/ my tesladin was

20 HS
20 LR
1 into salvation for the time being (around 50 or so)
then i proceeded to
20 sacrifice
10 zeal
10 holy shock
level 89 and salvation is almost at 10 (i think)-rest of points go here

its' always good to have good physical damage too, thats why i worked on sacrifice and zeal for a while. my paladin has level 32 holy shock total, 75% chance to block, uses a mythical sword CM, might mercenary, maxed resists, only 20% dr (took off the upgraded Umed shaft and gave to merc so I could wear CoH Boneweave), and almost 2k life if I have my oak sage out (nature's peace)

he's rocking in hell baal runs without too much trouble (IM casters big pain)
for burning souls, switch to LR aura. for lightning immunes, i weapon switch to another hoz with um and azurewrath. with this switch i have slvl base 1 fanatacism, but from + skills its at 16 when i switch (6 off aura charms, 1 anni, +2 andy's visage, +1 highlords, +2 coh, +2 hoz, and +1 azure)

i'm loving this type build and i'm thinking of doing the holy freeze type when the ladder reset comes around. let me know if you have anymore questions
 

amishamigo

Diabloii.Net Member
SPIDERfrank said:
Yo, what I did w/ my tesladin was

20 HS
20 LR
1 into salvation for the time being (around 50 or so)
then i proceeded to
20 sacrifice
10 zeal
10 holy shock
level 89 and salvation is almost at 10 (i think)-rest of points go here

its' always good to have good physical damage too, thats why i worked on sacrifice and zeal for a while. my paladin has level 32 holy shock total, 75% chance to block, uses a mythical sword CM, might mercenary, maxed resists, only 20% dr (took off the upgraded Umed shaft and gave to merc so I could wear CoH Boneweave), and almost 2k life if I have my oak sage out (nature's peace)

he's rocking in hell baal runs without too much trouble (IM casters big pain)
for burning souls, switch to LR aura. for lightning immunes, i weapon switch to another hoz with um and azurewrath. with this switch i have slvl base 1 fanatacism, but from + skills its at 16 when i switch (6 off aura charms, 1 anni, +2 andy's visage, +1 highlords, +2 coh, +2 hoz, and +1 azure)

i'm loving this type build and i'm thinking of doing the holy freeze type when the ladder reset comes around. let me know if you have anymore questions
LOL, now if I only had something worth more then an um rune I could build up to this insanely time consuming setup. Unfortunately I can hardly even get an um for my crescent moon x.x

Cansomeone point me to an ias calculator please?
 

amishamigo

Diabloii.Net Member
Any1 said:
I luv u :-*

Edit: Looks like the zerker axe wins. The phase blade requires 75 ias and I'm not gonna bother with the extra 25. The phase blade also has pitiful damage, both avg and max as compared to the zerker.


I think I'm also gonna do sacrafice. I have pleanty of AR and most of my weapons have ITD anyway.

If anyone has an um rune or puls that they'd trade away cheap on useast ladder, wisper me x.x

*amishamigo
 
amishamigo said:
I luv u :-*

Edit: Looks like the zerker axe wins. The phase blade requires 75 ias and I'm not gonna bother with the extra 25. The phase blade also has pitiful damage, both avg and max as compared to the zerker.


I think I'm also gonna do sacrafice. I have pleanty of AR and most of my weapons have ITD anyway.

If anyone has an um rune or puls that they'd trade away cheap on useast ladder, wisper me x.x

*amishamigo

Phase is much faster than Zerker... I don't know what you were looking at...
 

DistortedRiff

Diabloii.Net Member
On a tesladin you want to get in as many attacks as possible, not have as much damage as you can, jek made a great table but it got deleted in the crash.
 

amishamigo

Diabloii.Net Member
Eh, well here's how I look at it. With the zerker, I hit 5 fpa with 65 ias, that's basically what I have now and an IAS jewel. With the phase, I need two ias jewels to hit 4 fpa. With the 5 fpa zerker I'll leech around twice as much, which is especially useful if I have sacrafice maxed for the zeal damage. And my gear already gives me around 18% live leech without compromising anything.

Meh, it'll still be a while before I manage to get an um so I guess i"m in no rush. It just seems like double the leech would be somewhat useful in hell.
 

amishamigo

Diabloii.Net Member
I was gonna let this thread die but it got some nice attention earlier. Right now i'm looking to make a holy thunder scepter to optimize my damage (hoping for one with plus six). Is there anywhere I can go to shop this and if not, where should I hunt for white scepters with a max of four sockets?

Also, what about the black runeword (thul io nef) on switch in a scorge? The cold damage would be nice and the knockback would be great for crowd control. Between black and gore riders, I'd have 55% crushing blow, not the best, but respectable.
 
Top