Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Tested skellies

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by WackenOpenAir, Mar 25, 2004.

1. WackenOpenAir

WackenOpenAir IncGamers Member

Tested skellies

Might be done or proven another way before, but i wasn't sure. Since hate not being sure i tested it.

necro casts skelleton at lvl 35. friend comes to wack the skellie with a low damage weapon. Needs 6-8 hits every time i try it again.

necro casts skelleton at lvl 20. friend with same equipment wacks it in 2-3 hits now.

necro casts skelleton at lvl 35. Removes all + skill items, takes town portal to town, chats a little while, goes back trough portal. Friend comes and wacks skelleton in 7 hits.

So, when removing + skill items (arm of leoric on weapon tab) although the number of the skelletons will decrease, their strength will remain.

2. jmprockstar

jmprockstar IncGamers Member

It's called "buffing", and it is a very, very good thing.

3. goofycaca

goofycaca IncGamers Member

It's the reason why you hit the skill shrines and resummon all of your skellies.

Life is better that way.

4. Roach

Roach IncGamers Member

Not to mention Battle Commanding before you raise your army not after :)

5. Lawful Evil

Lawful Evil IncGamers Member

Thanks for answering this definitively. I know people said buffing worked, but since your skellies disappear when switching out Leoric, I wasn't sure. Interestingly, removing a +3 summon amulet does NOT cause the extra skellie to disappear. Not sure why this is different. But good to know for certain that pre-buffing works for the skellies that remain.

6. gvandale

gvandale IncGamers Member

100% sure here is the way this works. It's been answered MANY times before this post, in a much more accurate way:

Regular Setup:
    Shako (2)
    Mara's (2)
    Hoto (3)
    Homo (2 all / 2 curse)
    Enigma (2)
    2x soj or bk ring (2)
    arachnid mesh (1)
    anni (1)

Total + skills = 15

Summon Gear:
    Shako (2)
    +3 ammy (3)
    Enigma (2)
    Arm of King Leoric (+5)
    Darkforce (+3 summon)
    2x sojs (2)
    arachnid (1)
    5 summon gc's (5)
    1 anni (1)

Total + skills = 22

So with regular gear on your skel's are summoned at (assuming 20/20 base warrior / mastery) level 35.

Which gives them a life / dmg / warrior total of: 994 life (h) / 443-447 dmg / 13 summoned warriors

And with summon gear on your skel's are summoned at (assuming 20/20 base warrior / mastery) level 42.

Which gives them a life / dmg / warrior total of: 1197 (h) / 667-671 dmg / 16 summoned warriors.

Now if you summon your crew with all the summon gear mentioned, and switch out those pieces that are not on the list of regular gear, you will lose 3 warriors, but those remaining 13 will have the stats: 1197 (h) / 667-671 dmg.

To boot, this same thing applies for the skills summon resist / golem / golem mastery.

g

7. GenXCub

GenXCub IncGamers Member

Extra skellies DO disappear when you remove enough +skills gear, but it doesn't occur immediately, it's kinda like a paladin aura, it makes a check every X seconds.

That's why you can take advantage of being a MF necromancer. I can summon 12 skellies and 7 mages buffed, and only have 10 skellies and 5 mages with my Ali baba/rhyme combo, but if you just switch barely before you kill bosses or open chests, you can still have full use of your army. You will lose them on occasion, but not very often. I've gone 10-15 seconds without losing extra skellies at times (average is about 5-6 seconds)

8. memememe173

memememe173 IncGamers Member

My skeleton number dosn't drop when I switch from full Trang's to Naj's staff

9. gvandale

gvandale IncGamers Member

you lose them when you go to town through wp or tp. that's a definate thing. i'm not sure of a 'counter'.

g