Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Test your D2 knowledge: Trivia Game

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by In the name of Zod, Apr 24, 2008.

1. In the name of Zod

In the name of Zod IncGamers Member

Test your D2 knowledge: Trivia Game

1. Of the Lesser Evils, who is Azmodan?
    2. Where will you find thanks to Isaac Asimov?
    3. What does Diablo mean in Spanish?
    4. What was the official release date of Diablo 2?
    5. From which Act (and area) do Paladins come from?
    6. What is the attack range of Baal's melee attack?
    7. What level does Leap need to be to jump the rocky walls in the desert area of Act 2?
    8. Do the bolt's of lightning created by the skill Thunder Storm gain frequency as the skill increases?
    9. On an 800x600 screen, what is the width of the screen in game yards?
    10. Can an assassin switch weapons when doing a finishing move in order to benefit from the items mods? Example: some staves have 100% mana steal, would you get that?
    11. Does Smite benefit from weapon ranges?
    12. Is lifetap affected by the drop in Life Leech you get from monsters in Nightmare and Hell?
    13. Which monsters were in Diablo 1? (not including hellfire because I can't remember)
    14. Does an amazons Lightning Fury benefit from Lightning damage charms?
    15. Do the elements spells of a sorceress benefit from charms of the same elemental school?
    16. Can the paladins sanctuary aura be used to remove physical immunities from undead?
    17. Who has the fastest block in the game and how many frames does it take?
    18. Is there any non-quest items in the game that can't be gambled for?

2. NagisaFurukawa

NagisaFurukawa IncGamers Member

Re: Test your D2 knowledge: Trivia Game

1) ...can't even come up with a guess.
    2) The manual.
    3) Devil.
    4) 2000.
    5) Act 4.
    6) 3.
    7) 6.
    8) Yes.
    9) 15.
    10) No.
    11) Yes.
    12) No.
    13) ...?
    14) No.
    15) No.
    16) Yes.
    17) Holy Shield, 2 frames.
    18) Yes.

For the love of Zod, I failed. Lots of guesses in there. ;).

3. Ikeren

Ikeren IncGamers Member

1. Of the Lesser Evils, who is Azmodan?
    Azmodan and Belial --- Belial is the Lord of Lies, but I don't remember who Azmodan is.
    2. Where will you find thanks to Isaac Asimov?
    The Arcane Sanctuary?
    3. What does Diablo mean in Spanish?
    Devil
    4. What was the official release date of Diablo 2?
    I don't care to search
    5. From which Act (and area) do Paladins come from?
    Paladins have a headquarters in Lut Gohelain according to the second Diablo book
    6. What is the attack range of Baal's melee attack?
    7?
    7. What level does Leap need to be to jump the rocky walls in the desert area of Act 2?
    7?
    8. Do the bolt's of lightning created by the skill Thunder Storm gain frequency as the skill increases?
    7?
    9. On an 800x600 screen, what is the width of the screen in game yards?
    7?
    10. Can an assassin switch weapons when doing a finishing move in order to benefit from the items mods? Example: some staves have 100% mana steal, would you get that?
    Yes?
    11. Does Smite benefit from weapon ranges
    Yes?
    12. Is lifetap affected by the drop in Life Leech you get from monsters in Nightmare and Hell?
    Yes?
    13. Which monsters were in Diablo 1? (not including hellfire because I can't remember)
    I played a lot of diablo 1, so;
    Zombie, Ghoul, Rotting Carcass, Black Death (?), Fallen One, Carver, Devil Kin, Dark One, Skeleton, Burning Dead, Horror, Skeleton Archer, Burning Dead Archer, Horror Archer, Fiend, Gloom (Became Gloombat), Maybe Blink's or Familiars (not sure), Flesh Clan, Night Clan, not sure about stone or fire, I think you could find Flesh Clan archers in some version of Diablo 2, Acid Beast, Poison Spitter, Pit Beast, Lava Maw, Balrog class monsters made it but changed names, Viper's made it with name changes, Succubi made it with some name changes/classes missing/added (Hell Witch from Hell Spawn and Snow Witch), Demon Mages made it but name and style changed, Diablo Made it, and some hellfire stuff too, but I'd need to do some replaying to make it.
    14. Does an amazons Lightning Fury benefit from Lightning damage charms?
    Sort of. The initial strike would include it, and pierce from that shot would as well.
    15. Do the elements spells of a sorceress benefit from charms of the same elemental school?
    If they make melee attacks.
    16. Can the paladins sanctuary aura be used to remove physical immunities from undead?
    Yes
    17. Who has the fastest block in the game and how many frames does it take?
    Someone else, I'm not looking it up
    18. Is there any non-quest items in the game that can't be gambled for?
    Tons;
    Potions, Scrolls, Keys, any crafted item, gems of any quality, runes of any quality.

A little more information for whoever wants to try to complete it :)

4. pharaoh

pharaoh IncGamers Member

I believe Azmodan was the Lord of Sin. Duriel was the Prince of Pain, and Belial was the Lord of Lies.
    No idea, so I'm gonna say 'the manual', same as NagisaFurukawa.
    Devil.
    Act III, Kurast.
    Yes.
    Just under 17.
    Yes. However, that's not 'some staves', it's only the Serpent Lord unique staff. The weapon type needs to be compatible with the finishing move used; in game terms this only affects Dragon Claw, so your switch would need to be dual-claw.
    No.
    No. It is, however, affected by physical resistance in that less physical damage is inflicted, which reduces how much life Tap returns.
    Succubi, skeletons and kin (horrors, burning dead, corpses, including archers, but no skeletal mages of any flavor though), fallen type monsters (no shamans), balrog-type monsters, goat men, goat archers, scavengers, doom knights and kin, mages, poison spitters, overlords, vipers, gargoyles, fiends and kin, horned demons and kin, and zombie-type monsters. I think that's it. Ones in italics are also in D2. Scavengers, vipers, and fiends are also in D2 in altered form.

However, you should have excluded Hellfire not because you couldn't remember, but instead because it wasn't an official Blizzard product. :)
    No. In v1.07 (maybe v1.08) and earlier, gear-based elemental damage was carried by LF and the bolts it released. Crushing blow, open wounds, and other such effects also were carried by LF and its bolts. However, as elemental damage charms did not exist back then, the answer remains no.
    No. When using a bow or crossbow with the 'fires exploding arrows' mod, or a bow with charges of Exploding Arrow, fire damage from charms, gear, and Enchant stack with the fire damage from the arrows (including splash damage). However, the sorceress spells receive no direct bonus.
    Yes, in current versions at least. I'm not sure about older versions.
    The paladin can hit a one-frame block with Holy Shield and the right gear.
    Staves, orbs, wands, runes, gems, jewels, potions, scrolls, and tomes cannot be gambled for. The Cow King set cannot be gambled for either (well, not successfully).

5. Asmodeous

Asmodeous IncGamers Member

Hows that for not looking up a single answer?

6. In the name of Zod

You're doing well and as far as I can see most questions have been answered correctly, just not by everyone. This should narrow it down a bit :smiley:
    1. Of the Lesser Evils, who is Azmodan? Very close Ikeren but pharaoh got it after you. Lord of Sin.
    2. Where will you find thanks to Isaac Asimov? Yes the manual or the game manual is good enough.
    3. What does Diablo mean in Spanish? Devil = True. Well done, another point if you got that.
    4. What was the official release date of Diablo 2? According to wikipedia and mobygames it was the 29th June 2000.
    5. From which Act (and area) do Paladins come from? Its Kurast as far as I know. The Knights of Westmarch decended from Kurast.
    6. What level does Leap need to be to jump the rocky walls in the desert area of Act 2? 18 = Yep that sounds right. I'll have to go and check that again later.
    7. Do the bolt's of lightning created by the skill Thunder Storm gain frequency as the skill increases? Most of you got this, yes is the answer. However I can't find any tables to show by how much. Sorry bout that.
    8. On an 800x600 screen, what is the width of the screen in game yards? No one has this correct yet. Pharaoh is very close.

That's almost half of them so I'll be back within 24 hours to complete it. Enjoy and thanks for taking the time. :wink:

7. sirpoopsalot

sirpoopsalot IncGamers Member

... in the meantime, here's a filler question that someone's sure to know.

Name an item that:

1. Will sell to the vendors for less than the "maximum" amount (i.e. 35k in Hell, 30k in Nightmare, 5k-25k in Normal, depending on the act).

and

2. Can be sold for the same amount as a 'cracked' item as it sometimes will as a 'rare' item. (In other words, if it sells for exactly 5 gold as a cracked-quality item, sometimes it'll sell for exactly 5 gold as a rare-quality item).

8. waflob

waflob IncGamers Member

Both no idea (great start !)

Devil

Can't remember - never really seemed important. 2001 ish?

Gonna guess act 2, as one of the NPCs intro speech to pallies starts 'Welcome brother Paladin'

No idea - never needed to know.

No idea - never played a char that used it.

Something in the region of 20 isn't it?

Not a great player of this type of char, but my gut instinct tells me that the mana steal is only dependant on the physical damage, so I doubt that there would be a big benefit. Only real use I can invisage is to charge up on the fast weapon and finish with a slow one

Wouldn't have thought so, as smite uses the shield. However, game mechanics aren't always what you'd expect ...

Don't think so, but not 100% sure.

Those star shooting witches, various skeletons and goatmen. Griswold was in D1, but not as a monster. Also, don't forget the Secret Cow Level - IT WAS THERE :)))

Wouldn't have thought so. I think charms only get added to physical damage. However, if the javelin also does its physical damage, then yes.

Don't think so, for the same reasons as above.

I think this is the case

No idea - a zon with a sword it ain't ! Dual wielding Assassin maybe?

Yes, let me think ...
    Gheed's charm, Anni, Torch, necro heads - probably more

I'm glad I didn't know them all - would have worried me if I did :)

DelBoy

9. waflob

waflob IncGamers Member

I think I know this ! Is it throwing knives?

DelBoy

10. neumein

neumein IncGamers Member

>> Waflob, OP:

Ethereal throwing knives to be particular?

11. bassano

bassano IncGamers Member

Of the Lesser Evils, who is Azmodan? -
    Where will you find thanks to Isaac Asimov? -
    What does Diablo mean in Spanish? I think that devil
    What was the official release date of Diablo 2? -
    From which Act (and area) do Paladins come from? actIII-travincal
    What is the attack range of Baal's melee attack? 8
    What level does Leap need to be to jump the rocky walls in the desert area of Act 2? lvl 14
    Do the bolt's of lightning created by the skill Thunder Storm gain frequency as the skill increases? no
    On an 800x600 screen, what is the width of the screen in game yards? 20
    Can an assassin switch weapons when doing a finishing move in order to benefit from the items mods? Example: some staves have 100% mana steal, would you get that? no
    Does Smite benefit from weapon ranges? no
    Is lifetap affected by the drop in Life Leech you get from monsters in Nightmare and Hell? no
    Which monsters were in Diablo 1? (not including hellfire because I can't remember) I never played D1
    Does an amazons Lightning Fury benefit from Lightning damage charms? no
    Do the elements spells of a sorceress benefit from charms of the same elemental school? no
    Can the paladins sanctuary aura be used to remove physical immunities from undead? no
    Who has the fastest block in the game and how many frames does it take? wolfdruid or wolfbarb-3frames
    Is there any non-quest items in the game that can't be gambled for? I think that keys to ubertrist in 1.11 patch

I do not know many of this questions some of them I try tip. :smiley:

12. AluminumKnight

AluminumKnight IncGamers Member

-Azmodan and Belial are the 2 lesser evils not shown in the game. Belial is the Lord of Lies I believe, but I can't remember Azmodan.
    -Don't know this one
    -Devil
    -Oh man, it was I believe May 25th, 2000?
    -Act 3, Kurast.
    -Hm, no idea. I'm going to guess 3.
    -Probably around 3.
    -No
    -Wow, no clue. 10ish?
    -Yes, but if you switched to a staff, your damage would be pitiful.
    -I don't believe so.
    -I would tend to say no.
    -Um, a lot? Skeletons, Fallen, Zombies, those little flying guys I think they were Imps, Hidden, Pit Monsters? (Spitter guys), Inferno winged guys (like Venom Lords, forget what they were called), Succubus (of course!), Serpent things that exploded weird when they died, Death Knights, there was also some sort of teleporting mage guy like the Ghoul Lords. I'm missing a bunch too.
    -Yes. Question is a bit confusing, but either way I interpret it, yes.
    -If you mean charms like "Adds 1-2 Cold damage," then no. If it's somehow something like "+10% Cold skill damage," then yes.
    -I think so, actually.
    -Don't know, but I'd guess Paladin.
    -Well, it used to be that you couldn't get a SoJ without having Manald Heal and Nagelring already, but they got rid of that. With all the mods I've been playing, I'm not sure what's allowed in gamble or not anymore :laugh: . Jewels are not, though, and neither are any of the potion items or gems. Other than that, I think everything's in there.

13. In the name of Zod

Some more answers
    On an 800x600 screen, what is the width of the screen in game yards? 16.7 yards to the dot.
    Can an assassin switch weapons when doing a finishing move in order to benefit from the items mods? Example: some staves have 100% mana steal, would you get that? Yes.
    Does Smite benefit from weapon ranges? Yes.
    Is lifetap affected by the drop in Life Leech you get from monsters in Nightmare and Hell? No. Its based on your damage.
    Which monsters were in Diablo 1? (not including hellfire because I can't remember)
    This one is undoubtably opinionated as some of the monsters that were in D1 seem to be graphically but they've been either Upped or given different names. Some monsters have the same name, so here goes:
    Zombie variety
    Skeletons variety
    Fallen variety
    Goatmen variety
    Gloom/BatDemon (almost identical)
    Cave/Claw Viper variety
    Megademon/Barlog (almost identical)
    DoomGuard/DoomKnight (except no spells in D1)
    Succubus (almost identical)
    Since nothing is truely identical 'almost identical' is the closest.

14. Jaago

Jaago IncGamers Member

1. Of the Lesser Evils, who is Azmodan? - The fat one?
    2. Where will you find thanks to Isaac Asimov? - On a fan site of his?
    3. What does Diablo mean in Spanish? - Devil
    4. What was the official release date of Diablo 2? - 29. June 2000
    5. From which Act (and area) do Paladins come from? - Act 3, Kurast
    6. What is the attack range of Baal's melee attack? - 10
    7. What level does Leap need to be to jump the rocky walls in the desert area of Act 2? - 10
    8. Do the bolt's of lightning created by the skill Thunder Storm gain frequency as the skill increases? - lol. Never used it.
    9. On an 800x600 screen, what is the width of the screen in game yards? - Not enough
    10. Can an assassin switch weapons when doing a finishing move in order to benefit from the items mods? Example: some staves have 100% mana steal, would you get that? - Haven't tried
    11. Does Smite benefit from weapon ranges? - I guess so.
    12. Is lifetap affected by the drop in Life Leech you get from monsters in Nightmare and Hell? - No.
    13. Which monsters were in Diablo 1? (not including hellfire because I can't remember) - Many
    14. Does an amazons Lightning Fury benefit from Lightning damage charms? - The part of it when the javelin physically hits.
    15. Do the elements spells of a sorceress benefit from charms of the same elemental school? - No.
    16. Can the paladins sanctuary aura be used to remove physical immunities from undead? - Yeah.
    17. Who has the fastest block in the game and how many frames does it take? - Paladin with Holy shield. 2 Frames, IIRC.
    18. Is there any non-quest items in the game that can't be gambled for? - Non-assassin class-specifics and Cow King's set

15. In the name of Zod

Roughly so far the score is:
    11 - Pharaoh
    9 - Asmodeous
    7 - Nagkoafurukawa
    7 - AluminiumKnight
    7 - Jaggo
    6 - Ikeren
    4 - Waflob
    3 - Bassano

In hind sight some question were poorly worded and I'm sorry about that and that Leap question (q7), well I can verify. Don't judge your scores out of 18 that all I'm saying.

Some questions only needed to be attempted like 'monsters from D1'. I'll give a point if most are correct. Second attempts are welcome.

Baals melee attack is 4. Forgot to answer that earlier.

The answers to all the questions.

1. Of the Lesser Evils, who is Azmodan? Lord of Sin
    2. Where will you find thanks to Isaac Asimov? The Game Manual
    3. What does Diablo mean in Spanish? Devil
    4. What was the official release date of Diablo 2? 29th June 2000
    5. From which Act (and area) do Paladins come from? Act 3, Kurast
    6. What is the attack range of Baal's melee attack? 4
    7. What level does Leap need to be to jump the rocky walls in the desert area of Act 2? Above 14 (needs to be checked as mentioned earlier)
    8. Do the bolt's of lightning created by the skill Thunder Storm gain frequency as the skill increases? Yes
    9. On an 800x600 screen, what is the width of the screen in game yards? 16.7
    10. Can an assassin switch weapons when doing a finishing move in order to benefit from the items mods? Example: some staves have 100% mana steal, would you get that? Yes
    11. Does Smite benefit from weapon ranges? Yes
    12. Is lifetap affected by the drop in Life Leech you get from monsters in Nightmare and Hell? No
    13. Which monsters were in Diablo 1? (not including hellfire because I can't remember). Already answered above. Get most get the point.
    14. Does an amazons Lightning Fury benefit from Lightning damage charms? Yes
    15. Do the elements spells of a sorceress benefit from charms of the same elemental school? Yes
    16. Can the paladins sanctuary aura be used to remove physical immunities from undead? Yes
    17. Who has the fastest block in the game and how many frames does it take? Paladin with high level holyshield. 1 Frame block.
    18. Is there any non-quest items in the game that can't be gambled for? Yes is all you needed. So the cow kings can't be, never knew that, thanks.

Don't know the answer to sirpoops question. :smiley: All new attempts are welcome and I'll keep the scoreboard up to scratch. Thanks! :afro:

16. pharaoh

pharaoh IncGamers Member

This question was ambiguous. I interpreted it to mean the released bolts, but as the first thrown javelin benefits, I can accept being wrong.
    Are you sure of this? I'm certain that, for example, a charm with the 'of the icicle' suffix will not help cold spells. The same goes for other elements.

Charm-based fire damage might lead you to think it does, since it will be cumulative with Enchant. Remember, however, that this is not a case of Enchant receiving a bonus; it is instead a case of the character receiving fire damage from multiple sources. To put it another way, the character would receive the same charm damage with or without Enchant, and would receive the same Enchant damage with or without the charm.
    Wirt's Leg. Since it cannot be sold, one can argue it 'sells for zero gold', and this holds true whether or not it's been imbued. :)

All kidding aside, has anyone ever seen a low-quality Wirt's Leg?

17. In the name of Zod

Pharaoh your right about the charm and spells for sorceress. I've gotton my wires crossed with the amazon splash damage. Thanks, I'll go back and correct to scores again later. :smiley:

18. slayer37

slayer37 IncGamers Member

I didn't know Smite's range is affected by your weapon. Are you sure about this? I thought the range is always 1.

19. stephan

stephan IncGamers Member

This is not entirely correct. The blocking speed is independent of the level of HS. A Paladin with HS active (any lvl) blocks at 2 frames initially and at 1 frame with 86% FBR.

Smite indeed depends on weapon range.

20. DeathMaster

DeathMaster IncGamers Member

I had no idea over half of the answers. But I was very surprised that how many got the smite range wrong. I think it shows not many do PvP or at least not many do smiter PvP. I thought the reason why the weapon of choice of PvP smiter is zerk axe, is partly because it is range 3 weapon, the longest one hand weapon can reach.