Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Teslafroster

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by hackedagainanda, Dec 16, 2018.

1. hackedagainanda

hackedagainanda Diabloii.Net Member

I have a dream helm and sacred targe, and was wondering could I reasonably do 20 holy freeze/resistcold/resistlight/salvation and use a heaven's light with cold facets or maybe a crescentmoon.

I know tesladins are viable but was thinking about a neat hybrid with holy freeze for extra safety( I don't like relying on the merc for HF)

2. PhineasB

PhineasB Diabloii.Net Member

Give the merc Infinity, and your pally will be in business! I made a bear-din with dual dream and holy freeze as his primary aura, and he was a powerhouse.

3. Kitteh

Kitteh Diabloii.Net Site Pal

For sure! I’m planning fanazealot with all elemental auras, eventually...

4. jonnyphive

jonnyphive Diabloii.Net Member

As for damage output, the Infinity would be a nice bonus but certainly not needed - that build will do plenty of damage! My Tesladin only had level 26 Holy Shock with only one synergy (but Zeal/Sacrifice for more physical damage) and he still killed reasonably well in /p5 A5 Hell. Some other thoughts:

-With your build, either Infinity or Crescent Moon (for ITD) is probably needed to hit at a reasonable rate (AR issues). --The big question is whether you want Holy Shock to slaughter everything including broken immunes (Crescent Moon) or if you want more physical/cold damage (Heaven's Light).
    -The Heaven's Light also makes reaching the last Zeal breakpoint a little more restrictive with your gear, especially considering you're locked into two items already (dual Dreams). Edit: I believe you'll need a Faith-wielding Rogue to reach 4FPA Zeal with Heaven's Light. That, combined with -33% Target's Defense from the weapon, might be another way to solve AR issues, but killing speed wouldn't compare to the Infinity/Crescent Moon setup.
    -After maxing the 4 skills you listed, I would suggest 1 point each in Zeal (assuming you can get +4 skills) and Holy Shield, and the remainder in Sacrifice for more physical damage.
    -Drac's would be very helpful if you don't need the glove slot for IAS since your physical damage won't be great either way.
    -Ideal merc setup might be Infinity/Delirium/CoH, since even with Holy Freeze your crowd control still won't be fantastic without any minions or other CC skills.

Personally, I would go Infinity merc + Crescent Moon Phase Blade + Treachery + Highlord's + Drac's for 4 4FPA zeal, good leech, and massive killing power.

Regardless of what route you go, this build is going to be very fun and a real killer. Can't wait to see a write-up when you're done! ;)

Last edited: Dec 16, 2018
    galtwish and Zyr like this.