Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Tesladin's Holy Shock Aura doesn't stack with Merc Holy Freeze Aura?!

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by XtremeTiramisu, Jun 20, 2008.

1. XtremeTiramisu

XtremeTiramisu IncGamers Member

Tesladin's Holy Shock Aura doesn't stack with Merc Holy Freeze Aura?!

Please excuse me if this question has been covered, but it seems that my level 70 Tesladin's Holy Shock aura does not seems to do any damage to the surrounded crowd when my Merc Holy Freeze aura freezes the enemies. I cannot be entirely sure if the Holy Shock aura is less potent when the Holy Freeze aura kicks in. When I observed the health bar of the enemies that got frozen by Holy Freeze from my merc. and compare the amount of damage shown on the health bar of one enemy with just Holy Shock damage outside of my Merc. Holy Freeze range, It seems the enemy health bar does go down quicker, but not by night and day difference. My Holy Shock aura hasn't reaches its full potential yet as my Tesladin has his Holy Shock + Light Resist max out and Salvation is only at level 4.

I was afraid about "offensive" auras not stacking well. I know for certain that "defensive" auras stack well. I'm not sure if this is just happening between your merc and your character or just Paladins or the new 1.12a patch...

If the Offensive aura doesn't stack well, I might I've to forgone the route of giving my Tesladin runewords gear such as Dragon/Hand of Justice for Holy Fire or Dream for Holy Shock, etc.

Another couple side questions, (1) - the offensive auras "granted" by Rune words such as Dream + Dragon or Hand of Justice on a Paladin will let him gain additional light or fire damage from Paladin's Light or Fire resistence defensive skills? (2) - Plus skill points to Paladin's defensive aura such as Light or Fire or Cold resistance DOES NOT add additional damage to your Paladin's Holy Shock, Fire or Freeze aura? (I've tested this in game with a +2 to Light Resistance scepter versus a regular melee weapon and the Holy shock damage DOES NOT increase by additional defensive skill points "granted" from a weapon??

Thanks very much for reading my questions,

XT.

2. Jaedhann

Jaedhann IncGamers Member

Re: Tesladin's Holy Shock Aura doesn't stack with Merc Holy Freeze Aura?!

1)The offensive aura's from the items will be synergized from points put in the resist light/cold/fire aura's

2)No +skills from items will count for that synergy, only hard points (points put into the skill

Really cant help you with the first part though.

3. kavlor

kavlor IncGamers Member

Holy shock has very low minimum so its possible you just observed it at its lowest.To be absolutely sure I would run a whole area without a merc then with.

4. prion

prion IncGamers Member

the merc's pulse damage will max out at around 32.

I think it more likely that merc is doing nearly no damage and you are seeing your own damage in each case :D

5. XtremeTiramisu

XtremeTiramisu IncGamers Member

Thanks to everyone who shared your inputs.
    As my Tesladin gets to higher level, 70 and higher, I can see the damage more easily becouse his holy shock damage is higher than his merc's holy freeze. It's especially pleasant to see the holy shock works beautifully with holy freezes when you sit back and watch the surrounded frozen a dozen crowd all got "popped out" at the same time.

However, I must say Tesladin really sucks in hell difficulty without absolutely top tier equipment for himself AND his merc, which is Infinity. It's impossible to make the Tesladin do solo real well and efficiently in the first week of ladder....He is severely struggling in hell level becouse right now he's kinda doing a "half ***" job in both physical damage and light damage.....In hell difficulty, you'll most likely see either light immune or physical immune but rarely both. Now either when he's versus a single light or physical immune, he kills rather slow....When there are more than 2 people in the game, and you're facing groups and groups of enemy gang packs...he'll die quite easily along with EVERY other players in game...sigh.

Why do I must insist in making this type of pally? That's becouse I'm EXTREAMLY sick and tired of playing hammerdin as one class for paladin. Sure he's the best choice for starting out but probably becouse I've being playing this game OVER and OVER again for years so I must try something new to keep me playing. I don't want to play non-ladder becouse it's no fun. I've more than enough wealth and godly runes words to accomplish every type of characters in this game but where is the fun in that?

For now I might have to force myself to come up with a diff type of build that actually works in solo hell and avoid the type of popular builds I've done in the past..

6. Garisdacar

Garisdacar IncGamers Member

i recommend (but of course it's hard to find right now on new ladder) Reaper's Toll for your merc with it's 33% ctc decrep to take away those physical immunities. at least until Infinity becomes affordable. or put a spellsteal on switch and cast decrep yourself. (btw i have no experience or familiarity with tesladin builds at all, but this works for me on my Frost zealot)

7. BlackWinterDay

BlackWinterDay IncGamers Member

You shouldn't need extreme gear to make a Tesladin work. I played one a few ladders ago, and he absolutely melted his way though anything that wasn't Lightning Immune. LI's obviously went down slow though, even with a different aura and weapon switch.

What is your gear like, and you you hitting at least a 5fpa Zeal? What weapon are you using?

8. Smackin

Smackin IncGamers Member

Huh? tesladin is prolly one of the most lazy viable build for poor. max yo skill+synergies, grab yoself 6os pb w/4shaels+2eths, a 2 p dia mosers, whatever scrap u can find for the rest of the slots. Then grab ur holy freeze merc, give him some leech+armor+dmg, walk in cows and go moo moo.

Obviously if u wanna go kaboom throughout hell on ur own from poor, u aint gona build a tesladin.

Builds like tesladin dont require top tier gear to live in hell. Pick ur fights carefully, lol.