Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Tesladin Question

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by necro34, Jan 28, 2004.

1. necro34

necro34 IncGamers Member

Tesladin Question

I'm the in process of making a Tesladin, but before I invest too much time into it, I was wondering how effective this build would be in hell.

How effective would the holy shock aura be in hell assumuing the skill is maxed as well as its synergies with around +10 to all pally skills?

What do you do about Iron Maiden?

Any insight woud be cool

2. ZephyrPelgun

ZephyrPelgun Banned

I had a fairly decent tesladin. I can tell you that this pally doesn't even have to swing a fist to kill anything in normal and nightmare. His aura damage did around 2k lightdamage itself, and 10k on attack.
    He was really fun and easy until i hit hell. The reason? Lack of resistance and life. I realized i've invested too much str for equip like ik boot and belt, and also i had nearly 0 to almost all resist.

I can still solo act 1 hell naked (yes i've actually done it)
    but it gets harsh when u get hit by a FE/LE/CE monster.

If u get decent gear like:

cresentmoon phaseblade//Um'd hoz//um'd shako//um'd and upgraded viper//raven//carrion wind//lavagouts//waterwalks with perf life//all anya quest//highlords or cats

every single monster without LI will die in an instant.

Just don't get close to monsters with IM, or use a fast bow like i do (some crap bow with 40%ias // 1-400 lit damage bow). It's really fun to snipe doom knights with it... just a couple of arrows and they fall.

Basically what i'm saying is if you've got the gear, you'll be very strong.

3. DistortedRiff

DistortedRiff IncGamers Member

I have a pretty good one going, can solo most all of hell other than act 4-the Grand Vizier of Chaos always kills me, him and his pack are all light imm+other mods. Everything else goes down in a "flash!" [/lame pun]

4. Loboleal

Loboleal IncGamers Member

Use a Bone Wand of Piercing (3-7 physical damage with ITD mod.), like I do. You can get one in 5 min doing Akara runs.

5. Wurmer

Wurmer IncGamers Member

Tesladin are certainly viable in hell but you have to plan on having a backup attack of some sort or enough physical damage to deal with the lightning immune monsters.

6. Killfrenzy

Killfrenzy IncGamers Member

passion sword for the +1 zerk perhaps?

7. Jek

Jek IncGamers Member

Get level 8 fanatism (if you use a Cresent Moon phaseblade, which you should) and boost sacrifice instead of Salvation and you will do fine in hell against all kind of monsters. :)

8. chubbypuppy

chubbypuppy IncGamers Member

My plan

Yeah I just made it into nightmare and I kill monsters with just my passive odor I mean static shock :)

I plan to use holy freeze as my backup. Since I will already have Salvation maxxed as a synergy, my holy freeze will get the benefit as well.

BTW I'm using crescent moon phase blade (so fast. just a little more ias and I'll hit 4fps). I do have a newbie question about Ignore Target Defense:

Does this mean my chance to hit is 95% (max)?

Does the % to hit number that shows up when I hover over the character menu attack rating take this into account?

Thanks.

9. Loboleal

Loboleal IncGamers Member

Not always but in most cases. If your level and your enemy's level are rougly the same or yours is greater, yes you will have 95% CTH

No, this number doesn't take into account ITD. That number shows your CTH taking into account full monster's defense.

10. chubbypuppy

chubbypuppy IncGamers Member

Thank you VERY much. I've been asking this question all over the games but no one has been able to give me a straight answer. This validates my strategy because I have only 1 base pt in zeal since I was planning on using Zakarum's Hand and Crescent Moon Phase Blade, both of which are ITD.

11. Rockguykev

Rockguykev IncGamers Member

Mine does quite well in hell but I have 90/95/80/65 resists.

I use maxed fanat and some points in sacrifice for light immunes.