Tesladin Help Please

Phalmos

Diabloii.Net Member
Tesladin Help Please

Well, 2 weeks ago I decided to do what I haven't done in awhile. Do a Melee build that I've never done before. I knew it was going to be a Zealer of some sort, because I've used almost everything but Zeal before. And I also decided that I was going to use an elemental aura. Fire damage was too weak for my tastes, as well as too common an immunity in Hell. Cold was just a slowing effect, no thanks. Lightning had the highest possible damage, and I no longer have a lightning based toon, so I had found my built. And what a build it is!

I have officially found my new favourite paladin, his Holy Shock combined with Zeal has never ceased to amaze me from Day 1. The ease of killing in nightmare absolutely astounded me. But, now I am in Hell and in dire need of a serious equipment makeover, and I was hoping I could get some suggestions. My current gear is as follows:
Helm: So-so rare Hydraskull
Armour: Griswold's Heart
Shield: Spirit Monarch
Weapon: Plague Bearer Rune Sword (I love that 50% poison Nova!)
Boots: Hsaru's Iron Heel
Gloves: Laying of Hands
Belt: Magic Sharkskin Belt
Amulet: +10 AR, +1 Light radius Magical
Ring 1: Lightning res +10%
Ring 2: 72 AR & other not so great mods on a Rare

I have decent resources for trading, I was hoping for some recommendations. I was at first thinking about a full Griswolds, but would the Guardial Angel, Hoz, Shako Unique route be the better bet?

SmiterMcZealot

Diabloii.Net Member
If you have access to a lot of light facets, Gris would be pretty good; otherwise the unique route for sure.

A weapon you should definitely get ASAP is Crescent Moon phase.

Shael-Um-Tir
10% Chance To Cast Level 17 Chain Lightning On Striking
7% Chance To Cast Level 13 Static Field On Striking
+20% Increased Attack Speed
+180-220% Enhanced Damage (varies)
Ignore Target's Defense
-35% To Enemy Lightning Resistance
25% Chance of Open Wounds
+9-11 Magic Absorb (varies)
+2 To Mana After Each Kill
Level 18 Summon Spirit Wolf (30 Charges)

This is pretty much the perfect weapon for a tesladin.

Hide

Diabloii.Net Member
One thing you'll need to focus on is getting your skill lvls up. Because if your holy shock isn't atleast higher than lvl 30 you might as well just us dual dreams. There are lots of different ways to make this build. I've been told though that facets only increase the dmg of the pulse, so it may not be the way to go.

HCKull

Diabloii.Net Member
One thing you'll need to focus on is getting your skill lvls up. Because if your holy shock isn't atleast higher than lvl 30 you might as well just us dual dreams. There are lots of different ways to make this build. I've been told though that facets only increase the dmg of the pulse, so it may not be the way to go.
I have a similar pally with lvl 40 holy shock and he uses the following.

20 from skills
2 from shako
2 from COH
7 from off aura skill gcs
3 from heavens light
2 from shield
3 from amu
1 from boo

could boost by

1 belt
2 soj/bk rings
2 from off aura skil gcs

That would give him level 45 holy shock.

He does pretty good, but dual dreams and conviction aura is much better.

He is my favorite low level rusher. All of the monsters except bosses melt from his aura.

Facets will increase all of the damage you do with holy shock.

koeraokse

Diabloii.Net Member
try to get offensive skillers ( they are cheap) and you should reach 5-6k pure light dmg plus phys :rolleyes:

Ideal helm would be guillaumes face (cb/ds/str) and its very cheap also

boots: goblin toe (very cheap)

rings/ammy: angelic ammy+ring (cheap) +raven for cbf also cheap

sting of ears is a nice belt with life leech and dr

:heart:

:shocked:
*priit2

HCKull

Diabloii.Net Member
Helm: So-so rare Hydraskull
Armour: Griswold's Heart
Shield: Spirit Monarch
Weapon: Plague Bearer Rune Sword (I love that 50% poison Nova!)
Boots: Hsaru's Iron Heel
Gloves: Laying of Hands
Belt: Magic Sharkskin Belt
Amulet: +10 AR, +1 Light radius Magical
Ring 1: Lightning res +10%
Ring 2: 72 AR & other not so great mods on a Rare
I would replace all of your gear except your gloves and shield.

I remember a long time ago when I was doing hell cows and there would be 100+ hell cows on the red portal. I was sitting there dead and watching the red portal seeing guys come thru. All of them died quickly except for a pally who killed them all in 5 minutes. You will be able to do that with the following:

1. Max resists in Hell
  2. 50% or more crushing blow
  3. CTC life tap
  4. Large amount of physical damage
  5. Self Boo with CTA on switch
  6. Max holy shield
You get all of the above and you will rock in hell.

I recommend the following equipment.

COH gives awesome resists, +2 skills and 200% ed for demons.

Guill. face helm, LW, gore rider, heavens light give crush blow u need 50% min

LW, drac gloves, and exile give CRC life tap. You need one of these.

Grief PB/cresent moon PB/last wish/heavens light (+3 and 2 sockets) are all for your build.

CTA will greatly increase your survivablity and you should have on switch with a spirit shield.

If you have another source of life tap then your gloves are great.

Phalmos

Diabloii.Net Member
Thanks for the input all, I knew I needed to upgrade, but most of my toons are casters, the only melee I've ever had was a smiter back in 1.10 and an IK WW barb that I deleted to due never being used. I appreciate the advice, all.

Lord Nyax

Banned
  1. Max resists in Hell
  3. CTC life tap
  6. Max holy shield
You do understand the idea of a Tesladin, right? He's not making...a Zealer...
"Huge Physical Damage"...jesus, I'm having a hard time not reaching out and strangling my dog right now. :angry: *smack* BAD.

Ugh, this post disgusts me...Dracs + Grief + CB...

At least someone already hit the idea of a Crescent Moon Phase. If you can hit a 5-6 frame Zeal with lvl 30+ Holy Shock, you should be in the green.

Phalmos

Diabloii.Net Member
Is there a thread somewhere on frame rates and that sort of thing? I never bothered to get as technical as that with my builds before, they were just fun builds. I want this to be a power build eventually.

Bladewind

Diabloii.Net Member

I remember a long time ago when I was doing hell cows and there would be 100+ hell cows on the red portal. I was sitting there dead and watching the red portal seeing guys come thru. All of them died quickly except for a pally who killed them all in 5 minutes. You will be able to do that with the following:

1. Max resists in Hell
  3. CTC life tap
  6. Max holy shield
TESLADIN = No big physical damage.

Max resist is pretty easy to hit since the only real things that hurt are fire and lightning and teslas have good innate LR. I do agree with CB though. CB can help him deal with light immunes and give the Cresent Moon a easier time to kill them off.

CTC LT is alright but use Dracs only (+bonus to life, OW, CTC Lt etc). It is even effective with the near neligible physical damage of Rift-a-din. A Cresent Moon PB will deal much more damage and help you leech alot more.

As for frames. To zeal at 4 frames without IAS for a PB, you must get 72%.

"Cresent moon" Phase blade = 20%
"Treachery" Armor = 45%

Total IAS = 65%.

Any other source of IAS will easily hit that breakpoint. Be it a IAS jewel in Guil face, Highlords / Cat's eye amulet or Nos coil belt. You will hit that BP and can still use Dracs !

Lastly any spare skill points goes to holy shield and pump dex accordingly. A nice sacred targe with good resists is a good candiate for spirit.

--------------------------------------------

A relatively inexpensive "power" build is:

Helm: Guilimare's face. Stick a nice jewel in it. 35% CB in a neat package.
Weapon 1: Cresent Moon PB (Your toy of choice)
Shield 1: High resist spirit(made in at least 40% resist shield) or Herald of Zak.
Armor: "Treachery" Archon Plate. (when fade triggers its 60% resist all and 15% DR not too shabby at all plus it has 45% IAS... not to mention free venom, just hard to miss)
Belt: IK belt (i just love this "crappy" belt, never mind it gives you 28% resist to fire and 31% resist to lightning !)
Amulet: Highlords. No doubt. It adds another 35% resist to lightning and 20% IAS. You will be pretty immune to gloams soon.
Boots: Goreriders. Another 15% CB. And a source for OW.
Gloves: Dracul's Grasp. CTC lifetap and OW. OW will kill physical immunes as well. + life after kill is another slight bonus u can have. Life tap will help you once it triggers and of course keep that merc of yours alive. :laugh:

Rings: They can be anything ! Just be sure to keep one ravenfrost. Maybe a mana leecher with resist since your gear does not allow alot of ML.

Spare weapon: Gimmershreds. It deals HEAPS of other elemental damage in case you face a LI PI combo. Dirt cheap(as in 1 to 5 pgems). Azurewrath also works superbly well against undead LI PI since it has large cold and magic damage while its Sanctuary aura makes undead PI useless. Pul at most.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Total cost: At most 2 hrs for USWEST. CM pb costs an UM, Treachery a Lem. HL + good dracs = 1 hr AT MOST. Crappy gores = Lem. Ik belt, err 1 to 5 pgems. Same for guil face. Crap Ravenfrost = 10 pgems. Spirit pala shield, you can make those yourself !

Bonuses: 50% CB, 7% CTC Static, 5% CTC LT, ITD, 5% CTC fade, 25% CTC Venom, 60% OW, 60% DS (if your level 80 wearing Highlords), CBF and 105% Faster hit Recovery. (you don't even that much for pvm)

Too many goodies up here.

With your static going off all over the place and CB, you got yourself alittle Stormlash for about a third of the cost. :azn: And you can hit the frame rate much easier and deal more lightning damage ! Of course the downside is less physical but hey, your a tesladin ! :grin:

If LI PI appear to bug you, no fear, there is venom and OW. And you can use Gimmershreds to knock them off too.

For bosses, switch to 1 pt smite and knock him down to 1/10 life in short order. :rolleyes:

HCKull

Diabloii.Net Member
"Huge Physical Damage"...jesus, I'm having a hard time not reaching out and strangling my dog right now. :angry: *smack* BAD.

Ugh, this post disgusts me...Dracs + Grief + CB...
A tesladin uses holy shock aura instead of fanta/bless aim.

If you want life tap to help you need to deal a lot a physical damage. Grief is an easy way to do this.

The only valid reason to not use grief is cost or IM.

It appears your more concerned about style over survival.

sphericalmiracle

Diabloii.Net Member
I used to have a tesladin using a grief/dual dream/coh setup, and he was unstoppable in PvM. But, I think it should be noted that any zealot using grief will be unstoppable...that weapon is just ridiculous. I am currently in the process of remaking a tesladin without all the expensive stuff and crescent moon is the ONLY choice. I will most likely stick a heavens light on switch for bosses/LI's due to its CB, but just saying 'omg use grief' is kind of boring and lame in my opinion. I enjoy using some of the less popular items, if we went grief/coh/shako/maras all the time, life would be boring.

EXPERIMENTATION FTW

etits

Diabloii.Net Member
I used to have a tesladin using a grief/dual dream/coh setup, and he was unstoppable in PvM. But, I think it should be noted that any zealot using grief will be unstoppable...that weapon is just ridiculous. I am currently in the process of remaking a tesladin without all the expensive stuff and crescent moon is the ONLY choice. I will most likely stick a heavens light on switch for bosses/LI's due to its CB, but just saying 'omg use grief' is kind of boring and lame in my opinion. I enjoy using some of the less popular items, if we went grief/coh/shako/maras all the time, life would be boring.

EXPERIMENTATION FTW
quite a bit off-topic but I remember how I started "semi-owning" in pub duels when I got grief on my pally. Smite seems to be beneficial for noobs like me who can only achieve 1176 ar.

koeraokse

Diabloii.Net Member

EXPERIMENTATION FTW
hehe..

first you say: zealot using grief will be unstoppable and then: but just saying 'omg use grief' is kind of boring and lame in my opinion

arent you like talking back to yourself or smth, atleast I find it funny :grin:

*priit2

Phalmos

Diabloii.Net Member
hehe..

first you say: zealot using grief will be unstoppable and then: but just saying 'omg use grief' is kind of boring and lame in my opinion

arent you like talking back to yourself or smth, atleast I find it funny :grin:

*priit2
I think what hey were getting at was the fact that Giving every character the same godly stuff and making them unstoppable would get boring, because there would be no challenge.

sphericalmiracle

Diabloii.Net Member
heres the setup im using right now, inexpensive and deadly:

harlequin crest (um)
highlords wrath
crescent moon pb
vipermagi (15 ias/13 res jewel)
spirit protector shield
ravenfrost
dwarf star
bloodfist
nosferatu's coil
waterwalk

With this my resists are almost maxed in hell, and im getting 4fpa zeal. I notice the difference between 4 and 5 frames, and highly recommend you aim for 4 frames if possible. (read: get 75 ias if using phaseblade)

anyway, he is a success thus far and im not even done yet.