Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Terrible Losses?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Pilchard, Oct 1, 2006.

1. Pilchard

Pilchard IncGamers Member

Terrible Losses?

After creating a pub game to transfer all my old sorc stuff to my new sorc the game got deleted even though i had permed it....

I lost Occu, Skullders Ire, War Travs 39 %, Nice Rare FCR ring, Chancies

Might not seem like much to some on you but i was relying on that gear lol

Next time ill get a friend to transfer lol...

Any major loses in your diablo 2 career?

2. ffejrxx

ffejrxx IncGamers Member

its a good idea to leave and join again before dropping your gear to xfer, just to verify the game is permed

iv lost a bunch of pgems, jewels, some mid runes, and lower gear
    nothing that couldnt be made up for in a couple hrs of playing

3. Gungak

Gungak IncGamers Member

I think Im going to create a new sport. I call it MULING.
    I always say, I never will mule on my own, but sometimes when Im feeling abit bored with diablo, I mule my stuff.:rolleyes:

I once muled my anni in a pubbie what an adrenaline buzz that was.

4. bosoxx

bosoxx IncGamers Member

I'll usually have my wife jump on and make a normal game. Then she'll wander off to go watch TV and i'll do my x-fers. This thread reminds me of a time i did do something rather stupid.

I had a ton of stuff i was dumping off one toon to another. My wife always makes the same gamename/pw so it's stuck in my head. I had just started a game and i was in there for about 1 minute when i dumped everything on the ground from my body and my stash and logged off to bring in the toon i wanted. Then, a bulb went off in my head and as i'm typing my wife's usual game/password i realized i had left everything in a game i created (and can no longer remember) and there was NO way it had permed. I had left a ton of treasure at Wariv's feet and there was no way i was ever going to see it again.

Lesson learned. The hard way. Ouch.

5. TheBhoy

TheBhoy IncGamers Member

the worst I had was losing IK armour and a decent ammy once. Since then, have used a friend to help mule

6. Laarz

Laarz IncGamers Member

Like bosoxx made a game dumped stuff left to transfer forgot game wasn't permed pgems and middle uniques after a while you forget what they were lol

7. BluzMan

BluzMan Banned

It was only one time that I lost something significant to realm down.

439 ed eth rare life leech polearm, that's what. That day I was an evil person.

8. Cooked

Cooked IncGamers Member

The RD spook usually waits until you are transferring something really good before he rears his filthy, mean spirited, ugly self and trips into your so-called life, robbing you of all the time-wasting gear you had your heart set on.

Having two computers I have made obeisance to the pagan gods at Blizzard by opening my moth ridden wallet and buying two copies of this silly game. *walks by all you who have lost gear to Mr. RD and laughs*

Hope you have better luck next time. Sorry about losing the gear, it does bite, blow and suck as it were.

9. BloZ

BloZ IncGamers Member

The only big loss was during my first time playing Diablo II, my only good items were Shako and 3 SoJs. I was about to trade them all for Enigma (I really really wanted one) and turns out I get a Quilted Armor of Warding... Poof all my stuff gone...

After that I stopped playing for awhile.

10. rendo

rendo Banned

I lost some stuff when I got kicked out of b.net once. The game was permed, and it was public, but God only knows how long it would stay permed.... Game wasn't there when I got back on. :/

11. hardnfast

hardnfast IncGamers Member

My worst would be a 19/20/8 self fought anni lost while muling.

12. Voorhees

Voorhees IncGamers Member

I'm not sure that this was my worst lost, but definately the one that left me most annoyed. I made a room, help me xfer.I was muling some good merc gear. I was gonna give the guy a pul for his time. All he had to do was stay in the damn room for two minutes. I dropped my stuff in my favorite out of town location and left. The tard left the game. I lost it all. I messaged him and he's like, yeah right, you weren't gonna pay. Idiot. I was so mad. Oh, well. Lesson learned. Never assume that a random guy on bnet is gonna be anything more than a complete moron.

13. Lord Nyax

Lord Nyax Banned

Yah...people on BNet tend to be a paranoid bunch.

Me, the worst was 2 BP Nigmas in a row. Transfered a BP Nigma to my Necro, then was celebrating by watching TV. Got a C/I and rolled back. Lost it...

Then, I was like, screw it, I want that stupid 'nigma. So I make another one, I'm very careful to S/E after I make it, then I'm transferring it in a game. I wait the requisite 5 minutes, and I leave. I get a temp-ban...yah, after waiting 5 minutes in a game, I get temp banned...it blew.

14. BloZ

BloZ IncGamers Member

OUCH.

You could have prevented that by giving it to me. :laugh: j/k

I got banned today for strictly no reason, and I was xfering as well... luckily, I can change IP adresses so I managed to come back... and it was just a Wizardspike.

15. BLOK45

BLOK45 IncGamers Member

- Lightsabre (it was terrible to me since it was my first "good" item at the very beginning of this season - my first ladder season - and I got a C/I 10 sec after I found it).
    - BK4 ring self-found, and lost during muling.
    - 6 Ists while trading with a scammer...

I've lost more stuff but don't remember (or don't want to remember ;)).

edit:
    - 6os (?)ed eth grand poleaxe (forgot how much ed it was, but good for botd)

16. nthBULL

nthBULL IncGamers Member

hmm
    bout a week ago i made a normal game to mule, dropped a pile of keys and a few good white items. only after i save and exit do i realise i havent brought my mule into the game yet :embarassed:

17. lagalot

lagalot IncGamers Member

Never really lost that much while palying..few uniques ,maybe the worst would have been something like skulders.
    I recall one time in 1.09 finding a rare hydra bow from pindle and stashing it in my cube, then lagged and left game.Next game the bow was gone..rollback and I thought omg what if it was unique...
    Nowadays I use two comps and anything valuable never sees the ground.

18. Clicktoseename

Clicktoseename IncGamers Member

Worst thing ever happened to me was i traded a duped botd for 4 ist, and when saved and exit the game, joined another game to mule, it was gone...