Tension in the Moor! A Challenge!

Liquid_Evil

Diabloii.Net Member
Tension in the Moor! A Challenge!

Ok here's the deal. As most know, kabal has a pretty mean dueler. TUB, arguably the most versatile dueler in SP land with an impressive track record, was bragging up his l33tness in an MSN convo. Tempers flared, ego's grew, and feelings were hurt. Long story short, kabal CHALLENGED myself and the friendly neighborhood Zhao_Yue to a duel to the death. Duels in Hell with anything allowed (minus potions, etc). The losers hafta do something embarassing (help us decide what).

Here's a dramatic rendition of what happened via MSN.

Liq: And that's why cults are so dangerous...
Zhao: Well at least the Kool-Aid is delicious
kabal has joined the conversation
kabal: Yo yo! What's up room?? *gives a dozen red roses to all the ladies* lol
Liq swoons
Zhao whispers to Liq: I thought this was a private conversation
kabal: Seriously guys, I'm the best dueler in the world. Most other duelers aren't fit to wipe the sweat from my groin!
Liq: Okay....
Zhao: :rolleyes:
kabal: So, I am challenging you to a crazy 2v2 fight to the death. I'll bring Totally Ugly Briefs, or TUB for short, my barb of destruction and fight you two.
Liq: Hmmm, I've been out of the game a while now, wrestling with my own personal demons, I'm not sure I'm up for it anymore. Maybe twenty years ago, but now?
kabal: No pots, anything goes, prison rules, cage match! You and Zhao against me and some shlub I'll probably choose at random in a drunken stupor.
Liq: Bah, I'll do it. Everything inside of me is screaming this is bad news, but I have my trusty sidekick riding shotgun to watch my back.
Zhao: Gee golly Liqqy, are you sure you don't want at least a half decent dueler on your team?
Liq: Positive. Having you as an anchor will only sweeten the victory when kab's corpse tumbles to the ground...along with what's left of his ego.
kabal: So, do you accept my challenge or what?
Liq: Oh, the gloves are off kab, the gloves are off.
Zhao: My pants are off.
Liq: Come Zhao, to the Liq-mobile!

So that's the story folks. We need your ideas on what should happen to kabal and his teammate when they lose. Oh, and we are also open to ideas about what characters we should pit against kab and his nublet. Best 3 of 5 takes the cake.

sirpoopsalot

Diabloii.Net Member
IIRC, no one's gotten around to singing/recording the SPF song that Spludge wrote (based on The Eagles - Hotel California). I figure a duet of horrid singers seems appropriately embarassing. Of course, the results must be published for all to laugh at.

SkaMan

Diabloii.Net Member
sirpoopsalot said:
IIRC, no one's gotten around to singing/recording the SPF song that Spludge wrote (based on The Eagles - Hotel California). I figure a duet of horrid singers seems appropriately embarassing. Of course, the results must be published for all to laugh at.
I know the song, but have no way to record something of that length (the windows sound recorder maxes out at 2 minutes or so). If you know of any programs I could use, then I can record the song and get it hosted :)

And Liq, sounds cool :) Perhaps one of the participants (with the superior computer, probably the host) could use fraps or something similar to record the fight? Then it can be immortalised in SPF history!

kabal

Diabloii.Net Member
I'd record it, but there are potentially two problems with that:

1) I've heard that running fraps in the background makes the FPS plummet during MP games.

2) IIRC the free trial version of fraps only records 30 seconds at a time and my calculations indicate that I'll need 37 seconds to win. If I actually play with my eyes open and my mouse and keyboard connected I might be able to get that down to the 33 second range but we'll still be missing most of the action since I anticipate the first 32 seconds of the duel will be Liq and Zhao running away screaming like school girls.

If anyone has a better method of recording D2 gameplay please let me know.

Flamearrows

Diabloii.Net Member
Run D2 windowed from daemon tools with a h4x0rzed version of FRAPS, and you're sweet.

Also, use Audacity (audacity.sourceforge.net) for all your sound recording needs. With LAME installed (lame.sourceforge.net), you can export the .wav as an mp3 AND ALLOW THE WORLD TO HEAR IT. I really want to hear Liquid and Zhao crooning into the mic.

Zhao_Yue

Diabloii.Net Member
What nonsence is this? Of course liquid embelished the conversation, it was mostly cussing throughout the wholething.

However, parts of what liquid was somewhat true, Kab stroking his ego, "Duel wielding, I can never be beaten, ever!", and Liquid's poor rendition of 'Wind Beneath My Wings'.

XDoomasX

Diabloii.Net Member
Its gona be hard as hell, zhao and liq. But just look at he's major weakness, he's dual wielding....

If zhao will be with his pants on, I think its gona be allright:wink3:

edit: I wonder who will be that shlub

"Kabal- You and Zhao against me and some shlub I'll probably choose at random in a drunken stupor."

jrlafrance

Diabloii.Net Member
The unknown is the unknown partner of kabal's. Could make it very interesting. My money is on kab though. :king:

corax

Diabloii.Net Member
OCAU_MIKLE said:
Ill volentier to join this duel if you lad's dont mind. I might even pwn some arse on the way :)

- ocau_mikle

I laugh at you foolish mortals.

Twoflower should be your minion of choice Kab. not this silly Ocau.

that said. GG liquid_yue