Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

tempering?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by MFdoom, Mar 16, 2004.

1. MFdoom

MFdoom IncGamers Member

tempering?

ive just seen the weapon tempering recipe in the cube section andam wondering if this actually works? if so can you do it before socketing/imbuing a white item- or can you do it on ethereal?????

2. strijdje

strijdje IncGamers Member

never done it or tried it, i tried it in the beta but it didnt worked there, i will try it when i get home and have some playtime :)

robin

3. ULTIMATER

ULTIMATER IncGamers Member

IIRC the Tempering has been disabled in 1.10final. Didnt try it in beta myself, havent tried it in final either, but i do recall it beeing disabled. :)

4. Cauthon

Cauthon IncGamers Member

Tempering is disabled in 1.10 final. Don't know why, but there it is.

5. whomhead

whomhead IncGamers Member

i think they disabled it because it could be used as a potentially quite nasty source for duping... imagine tempering something 100's of times. you could have a GF with >700% ED. ^-^

6. Hakai_no_Tenshi

Hakai_no_Tenshi IncGamers Member

All tempered cube recipes were disabled but they are still in 1.10 final cubemain.txt. They are

1)r08 + *** + superior armor -> tempered armor 100 3 "armo,hiq,nos" *** r08 "useitem,tmp" 0

Ral Rune + Jewel + Superior (non-socketed) Armor -> Tempered Armor. This creates a tempered armor of the original armor i.e same properites. This was the first step in creating a tempered item which you could add more properties to.

2) r08 + *** + superior weapon -> tempered weapon 100 3 "weap,hiq,nos" *** r08 "useitem,tmp" 0

Ral Rune + Jewel + Superior (non-socketed) Weapon -> Tempered Weapon. This creates a tempered weapon of the original weapon. This was the first step in creating a tempered item which you could add more properties to.

3) r08 + *** + magic ring -> tempered ring 100 3 "ring,mag" *** r08 "usetype,tmp" levelreq 3 3 0

Ral Rune + Jewel + Magic Ring -> Tempered Ring. This created a tempered ring with an additional +3 to the required level of the tempered ring.

4)r08 + *** + magic amulet -> tempered amulet 100 3 "amu,mag" *** r08 "usetype,tmp" levelreq 5 5 0

Ral Rune + Jewel + Magic Amulet -> Tempered Amulet. This created a tempered amulet with an additional +5 to the required level of the tempered amulet.

5) r01 + gcv + tempered weapon -> +30-50 ar 100 3 "weap,tmp" r01 gcv useitem levelreq 2 2 att 30 50 0

El Rune + Chipped Amethyst + Tempered Weapon -> Upgraded Tempered Weapon. This adds additional AR (30-50) to an existing tempered weapon. It also adds an additional +2 to the required level of the tempered weapon.

From what I see, the resulting tempered items were not super powerful or anything unless there was some internal function that added tempered-specific properties to these tempered items when they were created. I could ask around for the details on them.

--T

7. i_marsolek

i_marsolek IncGamers Member

I thought that if tempering was allowed that it also increased the level requirements by some percentage, making it impossible to wield something with so much ED%. does anyone know if that is true?

8. Hakai_no_Tenshi

Hakai_no_Tenshi IncGamers Member

Read my post just above yours. Besides, no tempering recipe

1) Adds ED
    2) Works with uniques

--T

9. whomhead

whomhead IncGamers Member

just goes to show, i'm only interested in things that actually made it into the game. :bonk:

10. MFdoom

MFdoom IncGamers Member

thanks for clearing that up for me people.