Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Temp Restriction..????!~~ Help

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by xuchenxixu, Nov 18, 2006.

1. xuchenxixu

xuchenxixu IncGamers Member

Temp Restriction..????!~~ Help

The last time ive played D2 was 12 hr ago.. this morning i tried to log in and it says your connection is temp restricted. plz log in at another time.

i didnt do anything bad.. wats happening!!!? help plz

Thx

2. Evrae Altana

Evrae Altana IncGamers Member

It's nothing to worry about. Just wait a while and you should be able to log back on soon.

3. xuchenxixu

lol. how long is a while. minutes. hrs. or days

4. bg1256

bg1256 IncGamers Member

Depends. Could be minutes or hours. Shouldn't be days.

5. xuchenxixu

but if you do something bad and Blizz temp ban you.. what does it look like. is it like you can still log on but then it says temp connection restriction.. or does it just say plz check your internet connection(which you cant even type your pass and username)

6. Evrae Altana

Evrae Altana IncGamers Member

The temp ban is the one you have now: "Your connection has been temporarily restricted...."

7. sbn

sbn IncGamers Member

I dont know what equipment you use or your knowledge of computers, so I will just explain in general terms

Depending upon how you connect to the internet this can be an easy solution. If you have cable internet or dial up, disconnect your connection and re-connect. More often this will require physically powering down the cable modem. The idea is to get a new IP address. Most often just doing a DHCP renewal will not fix the problem as you will most likely get the same IP (although it is a much simpler and quicker method to try first). However you go about this, once you have a different IP address you will be able to log in again. The ban is on your IP, not your account.

I got these before and realised this was the case after I would get banned at home, be able to play at work, then get back home to find I am still banned. Sadly I have a static IP at home so I just have to wait it out.

As for doing anythig bad? Well most likely you did not, except Blizzard felt you did :). My assumption is you were probably doing something like Tristruns or something similar to the effect you were entering and leaving games too quickly. Rare, but does happen to some, is that you can get one of these awful bans for absolutelty no reason at all. A while ago after being in a game for some time doing quests, I switched characters to do more quests. The new game I tried to make timed out, then I got immediately logged out of Bnet. When I tried to log in again I was temp banned for 15 hours. Why did this happen? Who knows, and really who cares since there is nothing we can do about it, Blizzard could care less about our complaints on this.

So the thing to do is this, I have found it now works for me. If you are going to jump in and out of games, give your char a few seconds of non-activity then exit. I usually let the char sit for about 30 seconds then exit. Since I have not received one temp ban