Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Temp banned how long?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by beastmannn, May 9, 2008.

1. beastmannn

beastmannn IncGamers Member

Temp banned how long?

It seems i have been temp banned... I have had it happen b4 but it didnt last more than a few mins. Its been about 20 min so far? any idea how long this would last?

2. Mcwhopper

Mcwhopper IncGamers Member

Re: Temp banned how long?

If your luck is anything like mine it will take around 12h.
    Logging in before that might even reset the time (not sure bout that though)>

3. USEast Tristan

USEast Tristan IncGamers Member

my temp bans last a couple of hours. I get them all the time, because I tend to scroll through mf and baal games quickly, and top it off with muling. do not attempt to log on during a temp ban, there certainly is some evidence that doing so pisses the bnet server off. do curse the name of all those item seller domains that run bots, and never patronize them, since their bots are the reason these tempbans have to exist and be so stringent in the first place (and they do have to exist in order for bnet to be usable, trust me).

4. Mcwhopper

Mcwhopper IncGamers Member

The reason the rd's are here is not because of botters, its because of BLizzard reducing the funding for servers. They dont want to spend anything on the d2 servers, so they removed a couple and then introced the whole rd thing in order to reduce strain on their crappy servers.

Bots are still bad though because of the apparent deflational effect.

5. USEast Tristan

USEast Tristan IncGamers Member

he's not talking about the really brief rd's, he's talking about the longer tempbans you get for game-scrolling. the tempban came into effect a bit after the pindlebot started seeing widespread use, because left unchecked, each bot created a new game every 12 seconds.